Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity, is anyone here a member of a BBL team? I just bought a Renegades Membership for $30 (junior - Under 17) and its good value. A slight increase in price of $5 over last but I get access to 2 games in Geelong, 5 at Marvel Stadium and 1 at the MCG, so $40 of games plus a members pack that I probably won’t use, although the cape I got last year was actually pretty decent and I wear that around the house a lot. I’m so keen for the season to start now as there’s no footy, cricket or regular season basketball. Hurry up December!

On that note, I just bought myself a 'Gades junior membership (I couldn't believe it's available till your 17, compared to the AFL where it runs out at 14), and I thought it was insanely good value. I'll definitely get to the two games in Geelong, and I'll probably get to the rest in Melbourne, so it works out to $3.75 a game - so cheap! I didn't know it was any cheaper last year, but still, great value

The member pack doesn't seem too bad, probably more so if your younger (primary-school age). Maybe next year they could have an intermediate pack, with a backpack, drink bottle etc. to make it more appealing to teenagers

The seats you get at the Marvel games are great too, mid-off between the 'Gades dug out and the players race. Just need to buy a jersey - does anyone happen to know when the BBL|08 merch comes out?

Out of curiosity, is anyone here a member of a BBL team? I just bought a Renegades Membership for $30 (junior - Under 17) and its good value. A slight increase in price of $5 over last but I get access to 2 games in Geelong, 5 at Marvel Stadium and 1 at the MCG, so $40 of games plus a members pack that I probably won’t use, although the cape I got last year was actually pretty decent and I wear that around the house a lot. I’m so keen for the season to start now as there’s no footy, cricket or regular season basketball. Hurry up December!

F**k me costs more than that just to see a single Scorchers game.

The one-team cities probably are more able to charge a premium given everyone goes for the one team, which is a shame because the BBL has been fantastic to expose cricket to younger kids and families.

Here in Victoria theres a split, the Renegades have the west (Geelong, Otway's etc.) and the Stars have the east (eastern suburbs, down through the Gippsland area), although there is plenty of spillover. Most of Geelong follows the 'Gades though, the Geelong train line terminates right outside Marvel Stadium, and the 'Gades actually play in Geelong too.

When both teams are competing for fans, however, (especially within central Melbourne where there's overlap between the teams territory) it leads to lower prices for us, the consumer

The one-team cities probably are more able to charge a premium given everyone goes for the one team, which is a shame because the BBL has been fantastic to expose cricket to younger kids and families.

Here in Victoria theres a split, the Renegades have the west (Geelong, Otway's etc.) and the Stars have the east (eastern suburbs, down through the Gippsland area), although there is plenty of spillover. Most of Geelong follows the 'Gades though, the Geelong train line terminates right outside Marvel Stadium, and the 'Gades actually play in Geelong too.

When both teams are competing for fans, however, (especially within central Melbourne where there's overlap between the teams territory) it leads to lower prices for us, the consumer

I mean yeah, it’s to be expected but still for a while season’s membership to cost less than to see one game for another team is just crazy. Here’s hoping though playing in a 60,000 seat stadium as opposed to a 20,000 seater will see prices drop.

Yeh 6 game Stars member, $90, get's me all the games at the G as well as the game in Moe (wtf are we playing there for?) plus members pack and 20% discount on the store. Also in the chance to win tickets to the Metricon game (which I'll be going to anyway).

Bring on the Big Bash!!

I mean yeah, it’s to be expected but still for a while season’s membership to cost less than to see one game for another team is just crazy. Here’s hoping though playing in a 60,000 seat stadium as opposed to a 20,000 seater will see prices drop.

Doesn't the BBL have standardised prising though across all stadiums and teams? If they're charging more for the Scorchers because they know people will go, well, talk about cash grab

Doesn't the BBL have standardised prising though across all stadiums and teams? If they're charging more for the Scorchers because they know people will go, well, talk about cash grab
A quick bit of googling says that they chuck an extra $5 on the cheapest tickets for Perth compared to Melb and Adel, surprised that they don't do they same for the Strikers considering they sell out a fair bit.

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
magpienato didnt you guys get one last year?

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm a SACA member so I end up going to most Big Bash games to make the most of my membership. $30 seems very reasonable considering all the games you get with it, enjoy!

Jesus. I know our adult games cost $15 but we play at Etihad, which probably cheapens it a bit.

I think the teams were deliberately marketed as Renegades representing the Northern and Western suburbs and the Stars representing the Southern and Eastern suburbs, with the Renegades having an appeal to Geelong for various reasons as it is past the Western suburbs and Aaron Finch is from the area to go with what you said as well. That being said though I live in the Northern suburbs and most people are Stars fans, though I’ve brought people to games have changed to the Renegades as passion and allegiances aren’t as strong in the BBL.
On that note, I just bought myself a 'Gades junior membership (I couldn't believe it's available till your 17, compared to the AFL where it runs out at 14), and I thought it was insanely good value. I'll definitely get to the two games in Geelong, and I'll probably get to the rest in Melbourne, so it works out to $3.75 a game - so cheap! I didn't know it was any cheaper last year, but still, great value

The member pack doesn't seem too bad, probably more so if your younger (primary-school age). Maybe next year they could have an intermediate pack, with a backpack, drink bottle etc. to make it more appealing to teenagers

The seats you get at the Marvel games are great too, mid-off between the 'Gades dug out and the players race. Just need to buy a jersey - does anyone happen to know when the BBL|08 merch comes out?
Yeah the 17 year old thing is a good initiative, just started this year too. Was yours the Access Red?That’s the one I got. It was $30 last year, but if you were early and got it before the price freeze ended the junior one was $25, which I did. I like the seats you get, although I normally sit one bay across from there so I’m right behind the dugouts. That area is GA for non-derby games so you can bring a friend and sit there. Last year there was a big chunk of Afghan people at the games for Mohammad Nabi, when they left in the 16th over of the game vs the Heat IIRC after Nabi had bowled all of his overs I got to move 3 rows behind the players. Sometimes I sit at the top too as it’s a bit quieter and I can chat with my mates up there while the games on.
Do you go to the games via V-Line? If so, what’s the cost for that journey?

I think the teams were deliberately marketed as Renegades representing the Northern and Western suburbs and the Stars representing the Southern and Eastern suburbs, with the Renegades having an appeal to Geelong for various reasons as it is past the Western suburbs and Aaron Finch is from the area to go with what you said as well. That being said though I live in the Northern suburbs and most people are Stars fans, though I’ve brought people to games have changed to the Renegades as passion and allegiances aren’t as strong in the BBL.

Fair enough, I guess there's a bit of spillage on either side. Most of my friends are 'Gades, couple are Stars though

Yeah the 17 year old thing is a good initiative, just started this year too. Was yours the Access Red?That’s the one I got. It was $30 last year, but if you were early and got it before the price freeze ended the junior one was $25, which I did. I like the seats you get, although I normally sit one bay across from there so I’m right behind the dugouts. That area is GA for non-derby games so you can bring a friend and sit there.

Yeah I got an Access Red. I thought about getting the Geelong membership for $25 (reserved seats @ GMHBA + two games at Etihad), but I figured it was much better value to pay the extra $5 and get into four more games. And within that $30 (which was mates rates, normally $35) I get the whole membership pack with a lanyard, card, fixture magnet, sticker sheets, dog tags, Finchy socks and bandana

Do you go to the games via V-Line? If so, what’s the cost for that journey?

Yeah I get the V/Line train to the games from Geelong station. I'm pretty sure I've got a concession myki, so it's about $10 return

Yeah me and magpienato bought the Access Red membership last year. Best decision ever as the members-only section has a great view and I got to go to the Geelong game too all for ~$60.
Planning on grabbing the same this year. I saw the Champions membership package and its the exact same from what I can tell?

Fair enough, I guess there's a bit of spillage on either side. Most of my friends are 'Gades, couple are Stars though

Yeah I got an Access Red. I thought about getting the Geelong membership for $25 (reserved seats @ GMHBA + two games at Etihad), but I figured it was much better value to pay the extra $5 and get into four more games. And within that $30 (which was mates rates, normally $35) I get the whole membership pack with a lanyard, card, fixture magnet, sticker sheets, dog tags, Finchy socks and bandana

Yeah I get the V/Line train to the games from Geelong station. I'm pretty sure I've got a concession myki, so it's about $10 return
Exactly right, might as well spill the extra $5 and get into a bunch more games.
Yeah me and magpienato bought the Access Red membership last year. Best decision ever as the members-only section has a great view and I got to go to the Geelong game too all for ~$60.
Planning on grabbing the same this year. I saw the Champions membership package and its the exact same from what I can tell?
Champions is the exact same but better seats (if you consider 2nd level better)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
Do you still get bring a friend for free? :D

Champions is the exact same but better seats (if you consider 2nd level better)

I think I'd rather sit on Level 1, that's where the beach balls are and the real party-style atmosphere. And your a good chance of catching a ball that comes into the crowd

I think I'd rather sit on Level 1, that's where the beach balls are and the real party-style atmosphere. And your a good chance of catching a ball that comes into the crowd
Pretty much. More camaraderie and if I bring someone with me they can't come into the second level sadly.

although the cape I got last year was actually pretty decent and I wear that around the house a lot.
I didn't know capes were back in fashion

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

Why are their so many bloody Renegades fans here? I go for the STARS, my dad has a MCC membership so my family go to a few games a year and sit in the prime position of behind the bowlers arm on level 1.

You're a sight screen (or a port power style tarp as is the case these days)?
Last time I sat next to the sight screen the security guard told us don't get up when the bowler is coming from that end....even though the sight screen is the size of bass straight.

Last time I sat next to the sight screen the security guard told us don't get up when the bowler is coming from that end....even though the sight screen is the size of bass straight.

Batters can be picky when it comes to people and the sightscreen. Was it KP that kept cracking the shits at people behind the sightscreen and pulling away from Mitch Johnson?

Batters can be picky when it comes to people and the sightscreen. Was it KP that kept cracking the shits at people behind the sightscreen and pulling away from Mitch Johnson?
Yes and Johnson pointed out the IMAX sized sightscreen.
These batsman wouldn't handle club cricket. A small square sightscreen with cars, trains, people, whatever passing by without warning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back