Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the identities for these teams? Quite interesting, would make a fun portfolio.
50% customised by me (whether it be based on footy team, or an EPL team with the same name like Burnley, or a local identity) and the other 50% is just whatever is from the original club I renamed.
Might get to doing a portfolio based around it some time soon.

So a few days ago I was talking about my first iteration on the board back in October 2013 as 'JStar589'. Since then, I've been able to track down a couple of designs I did around that time:

32001_316bc05a282688aacd2e2c65cc500cf5.png 32002_24f7764057996e9ff61614c43fe4299f.png

Yeah, nah, not sure what was going on there. You can tell I was in love with the 'Remove Background' tool on Word at the time

So a few days ago I was talking about my first iteration on the board back in October 2013 as 'JStar589'. Since then, I've been able to track down a couple of designs I did around that time:

View attachment 583139 View attachment 583140

Yeah, nah, not sure what was going on there. You can tell I was in love with the 'Remove Background' tool on Word at the time
Calibri numbers :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Slap a few coke cans on and she'll be right.

I was working on something similar but with Hungry Jack's. This is based off the work top we wear, it looks very Cricket World Cup-like and I love it.

upload_2018-11-11_14-46-28.png

On the hunt tonight for a quiet drink to have while I work on the computer and all I could find was Johnny Walker Red Label... * man, this tastes the absolute worst!
Not to sound like a snob, but when it comes to whiskey I usually drink the more expensive stuff (kids here, trust me, when it comes to spirits it always pays off to spend the money) and I was given this last Christmas and it's just foul...

On the hunt tonight for a quiet drink to have while I work on the computer and all I could find was Johnny Walker Red Label... **** man, this tastes the absolute worst!
Not to sound like a snob, but when it comes to whiskey I usually drink the more expensive stuff (kids here, trust me, when it comes to spirits it always pays off to spend the money) and I was given this last Christmas and it's just foul...

I thought Johnny Walker was the fancy stuff?

I thought Johnny Walker was the fancy stuff?
Perhaps the Blue or Black label is of quality, I can't remember which is the top of the shelf...
But no, there are many other good brands out there, even some great mid-range if you avoid the cliches

Perhaps the Blue or Black label is of quality, I can't remember which is the top of the shelf...
But no, there are many other good brands out there, even some great mid-range if you avoid the cliches

Avoiding the cliches would mean avoiding Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's, etc.

I've got no idea what I'm looking at browsing the brands on Dan Murphy's, but there seems to be plenty of variety. Wait and see next August what it's like

Avoiding the cliches would mean avoiding Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's, etc.

I've got no idea what I'm looking at browsing the brands on Dan Murphy's, but there seems to be plenty of variety. Wait and see next August what it's like
Google some of the best and work your way up in taste
Go to a few bars, ask for any on the list and see what you take to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and a mate drank three quarters of a big bottle of fireball before hitting the pub and I do not remember getting home and I definitely do not remember throwing up all over the new carpet so I think I'm in staying away from the stuff.

Jonny Walker blue label is the highest quality but costs around $230...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the hunt tonight for a quiet drink to have while I work on the computer and all I could find was Johnny Walker Red Label... **** man, this tastes the absolute worst!

Do love a good Solo.

I'm thinking of having another crack at Photoshop in 2019. I'll be using my Mac.

Any support is welcome. I do not know how to computer.
My mate knows isn't afraid to give a good crack at Photoshop, he has a PC although. It's all a bit complicated for me unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jonny Walker blue label is the highest quality but costs around $230...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

JW Blue is incredibly overpriced it isn't funny. There are far better whiskies out there for half the price.
- Balvenie Double Wood 12 is one of the best <$100 bottles of whisky on the market imo. Or treat yourself with a nice breakfast whisky and get a bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood.

"This is going straight to the pool room!" - Adelaide Football Club, 2015
caiCZiS.png

Why were Adelaide referred to as 'Camry Crows' back in the day? Was it just part of their sponsorship deal?

Very, very, very heavy involvement from Toyota. This recording of their original (maybe unofficial - Cat Attack style) theme song form 1993 called them the 'Camry Crows':

And then this recording from the AFL Centenary Ball uses the tune of the current theme song and still refers to them as the 'Camry Crows'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back