Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

It would pop-up saying your new name, much like Tigerland55 and a current poster's new name does.
That Tigerland55 bloke was a real s**t poster

Yeah it's a good spot, good view of the batter and the bowler, and plenty of action happened right near us too (some boundaries and a few catches)

Yeah I was just across from them, like only 3-4 metres away and up a little in the next bay. Those kids were trying so hard and then their Dad comes in with a huge voice and starts screaming to count down. He did a good job of it too, everyone really got involved (and it helped that everyone was in a good mode because we were going to win)

Didn't want a bar of it lol

Seriously, I know this is the Random Chat thread, but that means "interesting, off-topic conversations that don't belong in other threads", not half a dozen teens working out who was sitting where at the cricket.

Take it to PMs, or facebook, or MSN, or literally any other medium please.

Also...

ATTENTION COMPETITION RUNNERS

You may have noticed that there is a planned upgrade to BigFooty during Christmas and New Year, during which there is almost certainly going to be days worth of content that gets lost.

I highly recommend all competitions are put on hiatus from Christmas until the upgrade is completed to ensure all votes get counted.

For everyone else, just save your best content for after new years :p

Yeah changing the topic; Anyone here bought into Kayo yet? Is it any good?

Yep. Ditched my Foxtel for it. Its come on in leaps and bounds in terms of picture quality. First did a trial 4-5 weeks ago, and had constant quality dropouts during a 4pm W-League game, but last night watching the Melbourne derby I only had one random quality drop for all of two seconds. The on-demand content always streamed perfectly though, so it was obviously some issues with the streaming of live content, that they seem to have largely worked out.

Where there is still room for improvement is in showing you the content you prefer. I have the sports/teams I follow in my "favourites", but it doesn't seem to tailor the content towards them at all. Last week I had a lot of trouble finding the replay of Sunday Shootout. I had to go into a match replay, scroll to "related shows" and look for it in there. Meanwhile, there is a "shows" category on the home screen that features shows about UFC, surfing and a whole bunch of other sports I couldn't give a stuff about, but seemingly very little actual regular Fox Sports programming shows up there. There is a "my Kayo" category too, but you can't add your own programs to it like you would on Netflix, it just seemingly picks random things for you. This is all relatively minor though, and with enough feedback I expect these areas to improve.

If you've already got Foxtel and actually find it good for things other than sport, then Kayo probably isn't really worth it. But if you're like me and had it basically exclusively for sport, then its a no-brainer to ditch it and get Kayo IMO. I should point out, I have FTTH NBN so my internet quality is pretty awesome. If you have shitty internet, then Kayo may not work as well. They do have a free two week trial though to test that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Ditched my Foxtel for it. Its come on in leaps and bounds in terms of picture quality. First did a trial 4-5 weeks ago, and had constant quality dropouts during a 4pm W-League game, but last night watching the Melbourne derby I only had one random quality drop for all of two seconds. The on-demand content always streamed perfectly though, so it was obviously some issues with the streaming of live content, that they seem to have largely worked out.

Where there is still room for improvement is in showing you the content you prefer. I have the sports/teams I follow in my "favourites", but it doesn't seem to tailor the content towards them at all. Last week I had a lot of trouble finding the replay of Sunday Shootout. I had to go into a match replay, scroll to "related shows" and look for it in there. Meanwhile, there is a "shows" category on the home screen that features shows about UFC, surfing and a whole bunch of other sports I couldn't give a stuff about, but seemingly very little actual regular Fox Sports programming shows up there. There is a "my Kayo" category too, but you can't add your own programs to it like you would on Netflix, it just seemingly picks random things for you. This is all relatively minor though, and with enough feedback I expect these areas to improve.

If you've already got Foxtel and actually find it good for things other than sport, then Kayo probably isn't really worth it. But if you're like me and had it basically exclusively for sport, then its a no-brainer to ditch it and get Kayo IMO. I should point out, I have FTTH NBN so my internet quality is pretty awesome. If you have shitty internet, then Kayo may not work as well. They do have a free two week trial though to test that out.
Can you chromecast Kayo to a smart tv, or should I just wait for the PS4 app?

Can you chromecast Kayo to a smart tv, or should I just wait for the PS4 app?

Its optimised for chromecast 3 and Ultra. Any older chromecsats may work but there is no support for them. I have a chromecast 2 which seems to works ok though. I watch it via Apple TV, but they have said there are apps in development for Samsung smart TVs (which is what I'm hanging out for so my wife can have her TV back) and LG smart TVs, as well as PS4/Xbox. Android TV is due out before the end of the year, so pretty soon I guess.

Yeah changing the topic; Anyone here bought into Kayo yet? Is it any good?
It’s awesome. Well worth the $25 a month (I’m still in the 14 day trial though)
Its optimised for chromecast 3 and Ultra. Any older chromecsats may work but there is no support for them. I have a chromecast 2 which seems to works ok though. I watch it via Apple TV, but they have said there are apps in development for Samsung smart TVs (which is what I'm hanging out for so my wife can have her TV back) and LG smart TVs, as well as PS4/Xbox. Android TV is due out before the end of the year, so pretty soon I guess.
Can not wait for the PS4 app. I can’t really justify buying a Chromecast for just Kayo so I’ve been checking the PS Store every time I use my PlayStation.

It’s awesome. Well worth the $25 a month (I’m still in the 14 day trial though)

Can not wait for the PS4 app. I can’t really justify buying a Chromecast for just Kayo so I’ve been checking the PS Store every time I use my PlayStation.

I wouldn't count on the PS4 app coming out much before the footy seasons start next year I reckon.

7236e6a7b0dc74f3b579b753ed06aad0.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back