Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
I've brought this up before but I reckon the CompOTY award should be split, one for "Weekly" and one for "League" due to the nature of the comps being different.
League comps involve a number of one off designs used weekly against each other &
Weekly comps involve activity where new designs are made every week
You know what - sure. You’re the only candidate to win but the badge is probably deserved given the work you put in to keep up activity on the board.

Voting threads will go up later tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
it’s nice, it’s different, it’s unuuuuuuuusssuual.
Darkmode will be a game changer in terms of how people will choose to do their presentations. I have it on now but I might find myself going back to white soon enough, call me a BF traditionalists.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
Thughts on the redesign?
Same with Matty, not too sure how I feel about it yet. A bit annoying how the time stamp is on the top now but it might just be like how YouTube went from having the video title on the top to the bottom. We'll get used to it.

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
I'll work my way around it eventually. Text seems to get lost amongst everything? No idea if that's just me or the fact I'm using the dark mode and it's 12:40am :p

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
At the moment, I'm not a fan and I'd like the old theme back, but once everything's ironed out I'm sure I'll get used to it. Some of the new features sound exciting (especially the private boards - I reckon it will be very popular)

exile

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Moderator #3,693
in terms of the overall design, i reckon it's a lot nicer. pretty sleek and modern at least compared to the last version. the guts of it i'll take a while to get used to.

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
There's now a forum statistics section at the bottom of the page.
Hadn't known this until now but we must've hit 100,000 members relatively recently :)

1546381462888.png

shoutout to Jabster50 ;)

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
Some useless calculations relating to the forum statistics:

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 10.51.47 am.png

The average amount of posts per member is 570.28
The average amount of threads per member is 11.17

An interesting statistic would be the median amount of posts by each member. Some members would have posted quite a fair bit (100k+) but there would be thousands of accounts on less than 100 posts. Like house prices, the median would give a better indication of how active the average member tends to be

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
Moderator #3,698
Just woke up and Dark Mode seems to have improved, as has the site in general. Glad the badges aren’t huge any more. Just waiting on teams to show up, that seems rather important but just like most redesigns Chief seems to improve them over time so it should get better.

Top Bottom