Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

SarahSmiles

Watching, waiting, commiserating.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Renegades, Victory and SCS
At the moment, I'm not a fan and I'd like the old theme back, but once everything's ironed out I'm sure I'll get used to it. Some of the new features sound exciting (especially the private boards - I reckon it will be very popular)
Private boards have been a thing for a long time, they've just not been available. (Sweet F.A. committee uses one and I believe that the mods also use one)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
Private boards have been a thing for a long time, they've just not been available. (Sweet F.A. committee uses one and I believe that the mods also use one)
Ah fair enough, I never knew about them until I heard Chief mention them when talking about the update. Once they're publicly available it will be real cool. In terms of FJGD use, a sub-board for Jumper Tipping with individual threads may be an idea to look into?

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
Ah fair enough, I never knew about them until I heard Chief mention them when talking about the update. Once they're publicly available it will be real cool. In terms of FJGD use, a sub-board for Jumper Tipping with individual threads may be an idea to look into?
We wont go into creating a subforum.
Back in the day, we used to have a subforum for all the competitions,

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
We wont go into creating a subforum.
Back in the day, we used to have a subforum for all the competitions,
Really? Probably became fairly cluttered after a while and became hard to keep track of, and the main board would have straggled quietly if a popular comp was on. Also, plenty of people who like to vote but didn't enter would be locked out, and having the comps on the main board allows our work to be exposed and shared with the wider community

SparkleNarkle

Corporal-Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, OKC
Complete opposite. The comps sub-board was a ghost town.
Wow, there you go. I'd have thought a sub-board for comps would have been quite lively, but from the short time I've been around, having all FJGD discussion on the one main board has allowed for many lively discussions and a hive of activity among many threads (although I can't say the same thing for the 'New Jumpers for 2019' thread - that place has been as quiet as North Haverbrook following the Monorail disaster)

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
To be honest. We didn’t have this many annual comps at that time. It was heavily reliant on weekly comps. And then the weekly comps started to die.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Wow, there you go. I'd have thought a sub-board for comps would have been quite lively, but from the short time I've been around, having all FJGD discussion on the one main board has allowed for many lively discussions and a hive of activity among many threads (although I can't say the same thing for the 'New Jumpers for 2019' thread - that place has been as quiet as North Haverbrook following the Monorail disaster)
People just skip over sub boards and forget they exist. Vote numbers plummetted.

It'd be different if we had a huge vibrant board and needed a separate section to keep comps, but the current setup suits the activity on the board pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers

crow28

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #3,717
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ersey-timeout-penalty-by-showing-email-to-ref

Was just watching a video about this that I thought was interesting.
TLDR; An NCAA Football team was charged a timeout for each quarter (4 in total) by the referees for violating uniform policy. This is apparently within their power to do so.

In other instances, teams can be penalised for numbers being not clearly visible (https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...ized-arkansas-game-illegal-jerseys/623526001/)
Man that first one is a doozy. So much miscommunication and rule confusion. Gives the AFL a run for its money.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
Might be a shot in the dark but does anyone here own an Oppo R17? Tryna suss out a new phone at the moment and this one looks good so far

TheLoungeLizard

The world's most handsome man
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Yankees
Might be a shot in the dark but does anyone here own an Oppo R17? Tryna suss out a new phone at the moment and this one looks good so far
Go into the store and try the phones they have there and pick the one on the best deal for you

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I sell them. They’re a solid choice if you don’t want a Samsung/iPhone
Looking at the specs they seem amazing but I've seen some people complain about the UI and other things, could just be nitpicky stuff. How much you sell them for just out of interest?

AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at the specs they seem amazing but I've seen some people complain about the UI and other things, could just be nitpicky stuff. How much you sell them for just out of interest?
Apologies. We sell the R15 Pro currently. It’s at EOL though so I expect the R17 will replace it soon.

Expect to pay around $65 P/M for 20GB of data.

The software has its quirks but it’s as fluid and smooth as any other phone IMO.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Good tune for when I'm designing stuff on the go. If you like the FIFA-kind of music this is right up your alley

Top Bottom