Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

The Victorian

Victorian Sporting Tragic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm, Adidas
I am starting up a tipping comp at my work and just trying to find the best way to share the prize fund?

I was hoping to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd and possibly winner each round or 8 in a week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
Moderator #3,977
I am starting up a tipping comp at my work and just trying to find the best way to share the prize fund?

I was hoping to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd and possibly winner each round or 8 in a week?
Depends how many people are going to be in it. What's your predicted amount?

just_kick_it

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

I would say 50% of the total prize pool for 1st, 35% for 2nd and 15% for 3rd

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors

Most smaller workplace comps just pool in $10 each for a first prize, and then if you get around 20-30 people in you can do a 70-30 split on a 1st and 2nd.

SparkleNarkle

Watch Out for the Shaq Attack!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
This year I'm planning to start chipping away at bucket list footy matches (pretty much just all the marquee matches). I can't decide between ANZAC Eve or ANZAC Day however. Both have a huge atmosphere, both are special matches, and both will be cracking games (Top 4 vs Top 4 in both). Anyone been to either or have one they reckon would be better?

Also, does anyone know when/why West Coast changed their theme song from "for year's they took the best of us..." to "hey eagles hey eagles...". Just listening to some of the older ones and never really put much thought into when it changed

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
This year I'm planning to start chipping away at bucket list footy matches (pretty much just all the marquee matches). I can't decide between ANZAC Eve or ANZAC Day however. Both have a huge atmosphere, both are special matches, and both will be cracking games (Top 4 vs Top 4 in both). Anyone been to either or have one they reckon would be better?

Also, does anyone know when/why West Coast changed their theme song from "for year's they took the best of us..." to "hey eagles hey eagles...". Just listening to some of the older ones and never really put much thought into when it changed
2000 I believe, as part of the big rebrand from the wings to the fat budgie. The whole rebrand was to attract younger fans to the club.

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Doubt you'd be able to find a seat at ANZAC day unless you're willing to fork more out than a typical $25 for concession :(

hansie

All Australian
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheLoungeLizard

The world's most handsome man
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Yankees

Both are excellent games
I would say ANZAC Day as it is pretty special

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
Saw this on the Suns website. From reading the article it talks about the Suns womens team playing in a 'Winter Series' against the Lions team in Mackay. From that I can only assume that's the womens jumper or some kind of promotional one.

TL;DR: Gold coast jumper with gold cuffs.
Screenshot_2019-03-03-23-21-11-93.jpeg

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Looks like my prediction was correct. Also it's pretty cool to see Blackburn FC included in this picture, the biggest club in the EFL. Go to almost every one of their games and looking to buy a membership for next year, carn the Burners!
20190308_181145.jpeg

hansie

All Australian
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins
Looks like my prediction was correct. Also it's pretty cool to see Blackburn FC included in this picture, the biggest club in the EFL. Go to almost every one of their games and looking to buy a membership for next year, carn the Burners! View attachment 631464
Yep...go burners....no doubt included as they have jumped on the fight mnd cause as the great neale daniher attends most home games, his son plays there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yep...go burners....no doubt included as they have jumped on the fight mnd cause as the great neale daniher attends most home games, his son plays there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it was a Blackburn vs Nth Ringwood game, I saw him there watching along the boundary and had a bit of a chat with Neale, bloody good bloke.

Also on a somewhat related note, currently looking at redesigning Blackburn's horrible logo, watch this space...

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So they have a couple of wins this year and now they think they're ready to challenge for a Super Bowl? Pssh.
7-8-1 record for them is amazing from where they are at. With Steelers on a sharp decline and the Bengals being the Bengals, I'd say the AFC North battle is between the Browns and Ravens.

exile

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
anyone else experienced a workplace takeover bid? i work for a publicly listed company and we were just told today we had an unsolicited offer to buy our company from someone else. i'm only 24 and my only other job besides this one was at coles (lol), so i've never been through anything like this before.

The Victorian

Victorian Sporting Tragic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm, Adidas
Hey everyone, I am setting up a footy tipping comp and we want to do it if you forget to put your tips in you get nothing but AFL tipping website does not do that. is there any website that follows that rule? Cheers

Red Crow

Modrarator
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #4,000
Hey everyone, I am setting up a footy tipping comp and we want to do it if you forget to put your tips in you get nothing but AFL tipping website does not do that. is there any website that follows that rule? Cheers
Why would you want to do that? if someone forgets they'll drop way off the pack and likely just give up.

Top Bottom