Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
anyone else experienced a workplace takeover bid? i work for a publicly listed company and we were just told today we had an unsolicited offer to buy our company from someone else. i'm only 24 and my only other job besides this one was at coles (lol), so i've never been through anything like this before.
Yeah, about 3 of them. Generally speaking, it's middle management and above that are the ones likely to have any major change in a restructure, lower hierarchy employees are 'generally' safe.

exile

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Yeah, about 3 of them. Generally speaking, it's middle management and above that are the ones likely to have any major change in a restructure, lower hierarchy employees are 'generally' safe.
interesting, the other company has a bunch of departments already in place that would seem to overwrite our similar departments, but i'm thinking my job may be safe (definitely in the lower hierarchy at this point in my career).

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
Do you mind explaining what the chat room does?
It's just a chatroom where people can join and message instantly. You can upload pics and like comments and what not. Not much different to this thread. I don't really see the point in making a chatroom to replace this though.

Andonis1997

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Dreamer
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Panionios, Sturt
It's just a chatroom where people can join and message instantly. You can upload pics and like comments and what not. Not much different to this thread. I don't really see the point in making a chatroom to replace this though.
For Premium users, isn't it?

I don't see much point other than to divide everyone :p

EDIT: Read Chief's full OP, nevermind. Still don't see the point though haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SparkleNarkle

Watch Out for the Shaq Attack!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
I feel cheated coming onto BigFooty for the first time today and discovering that everyone else hasn't been on BigFooty either. How dare you all not enlighten me with discussion to come home and read!

fancyscum

Lord Mayor of Swoop City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can someone explain to me why folks that pay big $ to be an MCC member need to get to the ground at 3pm to ensure they get a seat for a game that doesn’t start for four hours, when the average patron can show up 5 minutes before and have a guarantee of a seat? Doesn’t seem logical to be a mcc member outside of being able to flex on plebs.

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
Can someone explain to me why folks that pay big $ to be an MCC member need to get to the ground at 3pm to ensure they get a seat for a game that doesn’t start for four hours, when the average patron can show up 5 minutes before and have a guarantee of a seat? Doesn’t seem logical to be a mcc member outside of being able to flex on plebs.
Prestige, it is a lot hard to get an MCC membership than an AFL, MCG, it club membership. I’ve been waiting since 2005 for my membership to come through.

Access into other grounds around the world, including Lords and Eden Gardens.

Shade while watching the sport. Sitting in the northern part of MCG, means you’re covered from the sun the majority of the day. Also, having the player ramps right there. You get guys like Kohli and Dhoni walking right past you as they go into bat.

flex: I had my 21st at the MCG. With my mothers membership, room hire was free, saving a couple of grand.

And most importantly. Full strength beer.

SparkleNarkle

Watch Out for the Shaq Attack!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
My Dad is a member and so are a couple of other family members, and I've sat in the Members Reserve as a guest two or three times for the footy (and once for the cricket too). It's a nice spot to sit and the facilities within the reserve are top notch, but personally I have little interest in joining the waiting list.

I much rather my current situation of having a Geelong Home and Away membership with a reserved seat in Geelong and GA in Melbourne. I can always upgrade my GA entry for Melbourne games to a reserved seat anyway, and for the occasional neutral match I go to I can just buy a regular ticket. The MCC is really nice, but I don't really want to pay for the MCC membership and line up for the big matches hours before.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
flex: I had my 21st at the MCG. With my mothers membership, room hire was free, saving a couple of grand.
Yep, didn't know this was a thing till I got married. Reception was at Adelaide Oval, father in law has been a member for years, got free room hire too.

Top Bottom