Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
does anyone know whats going on with that jumper collingwood used for all their tv promos at the start of the season, do you think it'll be used this weekend against carlton?

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors,Melbourne Renegades
does anyone know whats going on with that jumper collingwood used for all their tv promos at the start of the season, do you think it'll be used this weekend against carlton?
Won't be worn against the Blues, we will be in Clash for that.

A few weeks back I did see this ad of Fox Footy with Pendles in the black pinstripe jumper. Strange why he would be wearing that one, particularly because it's an away jumper and you'd think for any other promo they would chuck him in the home. Which brings me to my prediction; perhaps Fox Footy are looking to do their Retro Round again. Can't see any other reason for Scott to wear it.
59419445_2435011056518741_7414584669389193216_n.jpg

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
Moderator #4,204

A few weeks back I did see this ad of Fox Footy with Pendles in the black pinstripe jumper. Strange why he would be wearing that one, particularly because it's an away jumper and you'd think for any other promo they would chuck him in the home. Which brings me to my prediction; perhaps Fox Footy are looking to do their Retro Round again. Can't see any other reason for Scott to wear it.
In an ideal AFL fixture, I'd really like to see a retro/heritage round like we did 15 years ago. And I know alot of this board is of the same thought.

The Victorian

Victorian Sporting Tragic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm, Adidas

This is the way that I am interpreting it- I think it is their 'away' jumper which replaces their home with away sponsors but they have only worn their clash when they played away so far this year. The other time they wore the ANZAC jumper vs Essendon. Lets say that Collingwood wear clash vs Carlton this week then they will wear this jumper vs Sydney Swans in Round 10.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
In an ideal AFL fixture, I'd really like to see a retro/heritage round like we did 15 years ago. And I know alot of this board is of the same thought.
It would be cool to see, but there's only so much heritage jumpers you can work with before it gets stale and I imagine that's why it was canned in the first place. I think clubs should try to incorporate their heritage into their other kits like Collingwood has done.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
This is the way that I am interpreting it- I think it is their 'away' jumper which replaces their home with away sponsors but they have only worn their clash when they played away so far this year. The other time they wore the ANZAC jumper vs Essendon. Lets say that Collingwood wear clash vs Carlton this week then they will wear this jumper vs Sydney Swans in Round 10.
This could also be true and a welcome sight

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
It would be cool to see, but there's only so much heritage jumpers you can work with before it gets stale and I imagine that's why it was canned in the first place. I think clubs should try to incorporate their heritage into their other kits like Collingwood has done.
huge call.

SparkleNarkle

Insert Quote Here
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #4,218
Booo **** Sydney

Isn't moving around on the line illegal?
Really pissed off that Sydney one. I really do hate them. They’ve now won four championships, but have needed a shootout to win three of them.

You can move along the line as much as you like, but you are not allowed to come forward off the line. I can freely admit that one or two of Jerzy Dudek’s saves in the 2005 Champions League final should have been retaken as his Grobbelaar-esque wobbly legs routine saw him come way off the line.

TY24

Mitch Marsh Enthusiast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT
The fact that was 15 years ago makes me feel so incredibly old.

Heritage round should be a yearly thing IMO

Top Bottom