Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

caloschwaby

The One and Only
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Can someone explain the difference between all the European soccer championships and stuff?
I understand that the EPL Premier is the team that finishes on top of the ladder, but where do Chelsea and Liverpool come from to win all these titles? Why didn't Manchester City win them if they're the best team in the UK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

akkaps

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Can someone explain the difference between all the European soccer championships and stuff?
I understand that the EPL Premier is the team that finishes on top of the ladder, but where do Chelsea and Liverpool come from to win all these titles? Why didn't Manchester City win them if they're the best team in the UK?
The UEFA Champions League is the European version of the AFC Champions League for the A-League. The best teams from each of the top level leagues in each of the countries play off each year in a tournament. So teams like City, Liverpool etc will play Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan etc.
It’s a double round robin (8 groups of 4), followed by a two-leg knockout tournament.
There is also the Europa League for some of the smaller countries and clubs that didn’t do so well previously.

On top of this, each country also have a knockout style competition, similar to the FFA Cup in Aus.

Shokunin

It really be like that sometimes.
Oct 10, 2018
MSE South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong, All Miami Pro Sport teams
What's peoples thoughts on green + red colour schemes? Haven't seen a lot of them on here except for Palmerston in the NAFLR last season. Thinking about going with it for one of the few comps coming up, but is it a colour scheme that people find hard to make work or is it something I should just have a swing at and see what works and what doesn't?
I'm using red and green for this NAFLR season. Your choice if you want to use it too but mine will look better

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
Sep 12, 2015
The West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
Hey all,

Decided to put my money where my mouth is, I’m going to try and start up my own sports design brand - SHIELD.

I know some of you have already liked my Facebook page but for everyone, but if you could please give my Facebook page a like (Facebook.com/ShieldAUS) and follow me on Instagram (@shieldsportsau), it’d be a huge help with building some sort of social media presence. :)

FWIW, it’ll be launching officially in July and for anyone looking to have anything made up, whether you’re a part of a social sports team, a local sporting club or even if they’re one-offs, I can do it at a heavily discounted rate while I try and build the brand!

love you all,
froot train

Last edited:

TY24

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Mar 21, 2017
6056 gang gang
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
Hey all,

Decided to put my money where my mouth is - I’m going to try and start up my own sports design brand - SHIELD.

I know some of you have already liked my Facebook page but for everyone, but if you could please give my Facebook page a like (Facebook.com/ShieldAUS) and follow me on Instagram (@shieldsportsau), it’d be a huge help with building some sort of social media presence. :)

FWIW, it’ll be launching officially in July and for anyone looking to have anything made up, whether you’re a part of a social sports team, a local sporting club or even if they’re one-offs, I can do it at a heavily discounted rate while I try and build the brand!

love you all,
froot train
done and done

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Hey all,

Decided to put my money where my mouth is, I’m going to try and start up my own sports design brand - SHIELD.

love you all,
froot train
Awesome stuff mate! Good luck with it all, think its fair to say everybody here will be right behind it.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
3 - 1 now. I can almost feel it but to quote my late grandpa when watching the 2010 Grand Final "I've seen us lose from better positions than this."
Let's get the job done Raptors.

Last edited:

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Ordinarily I’d be all over both the Warriors getting beaten and also a team like Toronto winning the championship.

But I don’t want to see Kawhi win it.

Top Bottom