cannavo

Naycha Boah
Aug 4, 2012
Nunya. Nunya Business
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yes
First GF Memory: I remember having the 1996 GF taped but my first live GF was in 2002 at a family friends house

First footy memory: 1997 with an AFL sticker book & Watching/Recording an Ansett cup game, West Coast v Collingwood. I distinctly remember the TV graphics before the ad breaks and the song 'The Prodigy - Voodoo People' being played

First game attended: Early 2000s, can't remember the matchup but it was at Docklands when it was called Colonial Stadium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thank-you Mero for providing a bit of perspective and helping me feel young again. These people with their first footy memories being after I left high school was giving me some major mid-life crisis vibes.

My earliest specific footy memory is probably choosing to follow Hawthorn. No idea when it was exactly, sometime in the early 90's though. My parents aren't into footy, so I got into it from my grandparents. Whenever I'd stay there on a weekend they'd watch the footy at night, or Nan would have the footy playing on the 'wireless' in the kitchen while she baked. I specifically remember one day asking her who she barracked for, to which she replied Hawthorn. I swiftly replied "me too!", and for a short while I was a Hawthorn supporter. I eventually picked Adelaide in 1995 watching them during another night spent at my grandparents house.

I also remember thinking the Grand Final was always Geelong versus someone else during the early-mid 90s, because I didn't really see anything other than random games. I imagine that someone about 15 years younger than me could have thought the same!

First match attended was not until 2000 - a narrow loss to Geelong at Kardinia Park.

The_torpedo

The Rat in the cap
Sep 16, 2016
Racing in heaven
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
I have a feeling raptors are gonna lose this series for some reason. Sure it's one game but momentum is a huge factor (and the next one is @ GS)

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Disappointing loss, but we will win in Oakland due to KD's unfortunate injury, and if not we'll for sure win at home in Game 7. Just bad coaching decision by Nurse when we were up by 6, decided to call a timeout when we were hot. Hindsight is 20/20 but just frustrating we couldn't put it away today. Going to be thinking about this for the rest of the week now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aCunningPlan

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
I have to say I am loving the 90's vibe with this New Era cap from the Bombers...although that might have something to do with the fact I had a doona cover with this logo all over it as a 6-year-old. I am such a turncoat.
1560318121415.png

SarahSmiles

Proud owner of the 1,999,999th post on the S.F.A.
Oct 2, 2017
Sin City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, AFC Wimbeldon, Renegades
Anyone else remember Channel 10 using this song for their AFL promos?

Speaking of nostalgic Channel 10 footy era songs

I'd put money on every single Australian born before about 2006 being able to place that piano riff

TBellicious

Premium Platinum
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton look certain to be with Puma from next year onwards.

How do we think the jumper will look? Will the blue be too dark? Hopefully they raise the monogram

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
Sep 12, 2015
The West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors
Carlton look certain to be with Puma from next year onwards.

How do we think the jumper will look? Will the blue be too dark? Hopefully they raise the monogram
Wouldn’t be too concerned about the navy being too dark, their fabrics hold navy pretty well (see: West Coast for 20 odd years).

All comes down to the Pantone colours though, I know their branding guide shows it to be quite a visible navy blue but if Carlton or the manufacturer have opted to go darker, well, it’ll be that navy black colour.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Currently looking for some new sneakers any of you have recommendations
What's your budget and what are you using them for?

I upgraded from Nike Pegasus to Nike Epic Reacts last time I needed a new pair and the flyknit and react foam is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure I could easily go back to the old Pegasus runners.

The_torpedo

The Rat in the cap
Sep 16, 2016
Racing in heaven
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
What's your budget and what are you using them for?

I upgraded from Nike Pegasus to Nike Epic Reacts last time I needed a new pair and the flyknit and react foam is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure I could easily go back to the old Pegasus runners.
Budget $140-$150 max and use would be pretty much general - basically stuff you would want to wear sneakers for (e.g. exercise etc)

Top Bottom