Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

I love old footage where they'd signal a goal from anywhere, with their thumbs up, facing the boundary at at 45 degree angle.
I see it on the old footage that’s on Instagram pages and it’s very confusing as to where exactly they’re pointing. Seems completely random. I initially thought they would face the camera, but now I think they would face the scorekeeper, but I don’t know for sure.

I see it on the old footage that’s on Instagram pages and it’s very confusing as to where exactly they’re pointing. Seems completely random. I initially thought they would face the camera, but now I think they would face the scorekeeper, but I don’t know for sure.
I just always assumed it was towards the interchange box for some reason haha.

They would face to wherever the field umpire was on the ground and direct their signal at them

"...players encouraged to wear akubra hats and other stereotypical items of clothing." What is it with the kitschy hats?! 25 years later they were still on about it with the Gold Coast launch document featuring lifesaver caps!

Illustrator [...]
major takeaways (for me) is that basically everything needs a rough handwritten drawing underneath so you know your bearings and have something already existing to trace

This stuck in my mind for some reason and I just had a shower thought about it.

I use Illustrator quite a lot but I can not remember the last time I scanned a drawing to trace. I can't draw whatsoever, so my work is all about shapes, geometry, typography. If you turn on the grid, and then turn on "snap to point", you can do a lot of geometric things very quickly and with perfect accuracy. It takes about 15 seconds to draw chevrons, a sash or stripes (then turn off snap to point) and start moving them around and recolouring them. And you do not need to master the pen tool at all like you do to trace an animal.

Definitely my favourite aspects of Illustrator are snap to point, align, and pathfinder (to split or consolidate shapes).

Use layers and groups well and you can do some impressive things without tracing anything at all.

Last edited:
Perfect opportunity for Damian Cowell to organise a TISM reunion for the granny. Then again besides “Shut Up, The Footy’s On The Radio” all of their other songs have a dark underlying message that people would be mad of. You’d be hard pressed to find the AFL letting a band perform “Defecate On My Face” or “(He’ll Never Be An) Old Man River” or my personal favourite “I Might Be A campaigner But I’m Not A ******* campaigner”

Give us some Chats, Gil!!

Now here’s a man who knows his half time entertainment!

Between that and The Veronicas dropping Untouched in front of 30k (lol, as if) at the Gabba, what a spectacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now here’s a man who knows his half time entertainment!

Between that and The Veronicas dropping Untouched in front of 30k (lol, as if) at the Gabba, what a spectacle.
Veronicas at Good Things was either the best song I've listened to live, or I was just really smashed and it sounded like it.

Ball Park Music would be swell :)

They were my first thought with the new album out, and having some international credibility under their belt (NBA 2K19 soundtrack comes to mind...)

Damnn that's rough but it's very in Powderfinger's character to let up and coming artists have a go so good on them.

Surely Violent Soho or whoever gets the gig sing a cover of My Happiness or any song really, I feel like Powderfinger is just way too iconic to the Brisbane music scene to entirely leave out.

How’s that a lol?

Could totally see it done along the lines of a Like a Version.
Just don't get that vibe from VS at all, but also it's Powderfinger's song to sing, I want to hear Covered in Chrome echoing off the Gabba walls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back