Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

People have explained NFT's to me and I've tried reading about them but I still don't understand it.

In a way I'm happy with my ignorance is bliss approach.

I love when the teapots jibber jabber joo
ningnangnong-playschool.gif

Crazy to see how far it all went, even heard them talking about it on SEN the other day. Also incredible to me how many people thought the designs were actually real despite not even having a license yet lol.

I think at best this gets the ball rolling for what the Tasmanian team is going to look like aside from the financials and logistics, and in that regard, it almost makes the team feel even more real than it is right now. And heck, it's just nice to see that something from this community make some waves. Even if it is all just a hobby for most of us here, I have no doubt that we have some of the best designers in the country here so I'm sure we'll see some more stuff in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't North the most financially stable they've been for a long time - possibly ever?
It seems so. I don't think there was ever really a push for a 'survival' relocation of North Melbourne to Tassie. Maybe there was 15 or so years ago when Gold Coast came onto the scene, but the club can survive on it's own as it is. The long-term growth of the club is cause for concern now that Tassie will have it's own team, how does North expand its market? Possibly playing games in regional areas such as Albury in a similar vein to what the Bulldogs are doing in Ballarat at the moment.

North Melbourne should be pushing hard literally into the north of Melbourne. You have new estates being built at an astronomical rate. Get in there first. Wollert and Mernda (MURDER!?), Whittlesea etc. should have a strong presence

Melbourne taking over Casey was a smart move,. The SE corridor is growing at a serious rate, and given that Melbourne's junior membership rate was piss-poor years ago, it's a smart move for the long term to have a presence there

Listened to a podcast earlier this week that Jeff Kennett featured on and the topic of Tasmania's team came up. "It's easy to give everyone ice creams, but someone's got to pay for it and someone, in this case, wants a Tasmanian team to be viable."

Also discussed how clubs won't vote for it because over the next five or so years if you're at the bottom you will not get the chance to rebuild. So naturally, clubs struggling now won't vote in favour of a 19th club. It's nothing against Tasmania, but the conditions around a 19th club I think is what is hindering it the most.

The Mallee Football League folded this year after all the clubs decided to merge with neighbours (except Murrayville) and move to other leagues.
The Lameroo Hawks (Glenelg colours) and Pinnaroo Supa Roos (St Kilda colours) have decided to merge and are seeking to join the River Murray FL.
Here's my suggestion of how the new footy team could look. Local footy over the last ten years went a bit full on with gradients and cartoon mascots on jumpers, but in the last year or two I have seen a welcome return to more traditional designs. I particularly think for a brand new club you want to go with a simple, strong design. I like the idea of the club wearing white shorts at home or away as it is a better match with the jumper's white number panel.
Lameroo and Pinnaroo are the two major towns in the Southern Mallee District Council, so the name Southern Mallee seems obvious.

Southern Mallee Bulls
Colours: Orange, white, and brown.
Established: 2023
Home grounds: Lameroo Oval & Pinnaroo Showgrounds

1665880927114.png

North Melbourne should be pushing hard literally into the north of Melbourne. You have new estates being built at an astronomical rate. Get in there first. Wollert and Mernda (MURDER!?), Whittlesea etc. should have a strong presence

Melbourne taking over Casey was a smart move,. The SE corridor is growing at a serious rate, and given that Melbourne's junior membership rate was piss-poor years ago, it's a smart move for the long term to have a presence there
Absolutely, seems like the north has been a Carlton/Collingwood stronghold but further north of, say, Epping I don't think there's as much of a tie to those two clubs. I think Richmond venturing to Craigieburn and having Coburg as their reserve play games out at Highgate was pretty beneficial in getting casual fans into the Tigers and them becoming good helped even more. The NFNL seems to be sponsored by Carlton but if North can get a piece of that pie by developing those suburbs you mentioned as well as, say, Donnybrook/Laurimar and those areas it could be the first step to building an attachment for young kids that will strengthen further when North see some success.

Not sure if anyone here's into Ocean Alley but I just gave their latest record a listen and damn was it good spin. They just keep taking the Australian rock scene to new levels with every release.
Seen them live and missed my favourite song by them (Knees) because I was stuck in the hotdog van line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back