Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh God. You aren't doing AFLX jumpers, are you?
AFLX was so overhated and I'm ready to die on that hill. The disparity between Vic and any other potential state of origin side would be so huge so I really like the drafted all-star lineups and I reckon that was a golden idea. I'd be down for an annual all-star game with the best players in the league just playing a light-hearted match. Factor in the fact that adults weren't the target market which is fine too, took me until I was maybe 14 to actually be able to have the patience to watch an entire AFL game without getting distracted. People hated the radical differences between AFLX and the sport it's based on which I get, but the idea behind a smaller rectangle field had some merit, so much so that AFLX programs are still run to this day in NSW where there's no shortage of cricket ovals, but a February comp means those ovals are being used, and no one's touching the rugby pitches.
6861_AFLX-Junior_A5-flyer_editable_FA-3.jpg

I was also intrigued at the fact that they use the Vipers and Galaxy branding which we assumed were scrapped teams for the actual comp. Realistically it's entirely likely that the captains of the 3 sides got to choose out of 5 identities (Deadly excluded because that identity was obviously reserved for an Indigenous All-Stars team) and they were always going to use 5/6 teams for a bit more variety in the junior comps. Still was a very cool find that interested me a bit.

Sorry I geek out on AFLX a little bit, so even though I said I wasn't gonna answer, I kind of just did hahaha.

You know what? Good on you for going against the grain and doing what makes you happy

I enjoy the concepts that people come up with. I guess that's what I enjoy about this thread
Ignore people like me with hardly a creative bone. You go for it :)

In 2018, a design portfolio was released called The NRL by ISC. It was a collection of concept designs for the National Rugby League teams in Australia if the brand ISC designed all teams jerseys. The portfolio featured designs for all 16 NRL teams, including classic looks and modern designs.

Shortly after the initial run of jerseys came State of Origin, and then expansion teams.

Now in 2023, with ISC no longer the dominant jersey manufacturer in the NRL comes the sequel. No longer is the NRL under the control of ISC, soon it will be.....

The NRL Dynasty

0tFwZw3.png

Coming soon to BigFooty Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design.

is anyone from here looking at uploading their work to AFL23 or gonna try to design some kits on the academy feature?
I was learning Inkscape in order to make some logos that people will use like Fitzroy, old VFL, some early TAC Cup stuff, etc. however I’ve come to a halt after finding out there won’t be a standalone academy to upload in before the game. I will likely make some Whittlesea NAFL stuff in game as that’s my best league entry on here by far but who knows, could see some other cool stuff as well.

I was learning Inkscape in order to make some logos that people will use like Fitzroy, old VFL, some early TAC Cup stuff, etc. however I’ve come to a halt after finding out there won’t be a standalone academy to upload in before the game. I will likely make some Whittlesea NAFL stuff in game as that’s my best league entry on here by far but who knows, could see some other cool stuff as well.
Imagine having the NAFL on AFL 23. That'd be insane but also quite difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from 1927 Australian National Football Carnival. anyone know why they were referred to as jerseys and not guernseys?
lossless-page1-564px-1927_ANFC_Melbourne_Carnival_Team_Colours.tiff.png

Last edited:
There's been a lot of new people asking for templates lately, and I've noticed the template thread has been closed. I'm working on an easy to use, high quality, flat style Photoshop template that's been traced from a player issue guernsey, complete with detailed styles of each manufacturer, all sponsors and a bunch of presets. (sashes, stripes, hoops, etc.). Here's what it looks like and once complete, I'll upload it for anyone to use.

LIONS.png

from 1927 Australian National Football Carnival. anyone know why they were referred to as jerseys and not guernseys?
lossless-page1-564px-1927_ANFC_Melbourne_Carnival_Team_Colours.tiff.png
My grandad, Kokoda veteran, western suburbs footy and boxing tragic always called our footy jumpers Jerseys when we were kids in the 1970’s. I didn’t know what he was talking about but I didn’t know what a Guernsey was either. I suppose two similar islands off Britain who each had varieties of milking cows and woollen jumpers.

There's been a lot of new people asking for templates lately, and I've noticed the template thread has been closed. I'm working on an easy to use, high quality, flat style Photoshop template that's been traced from a player issue guernsey, complete with detailed styles of each manufacturer, all sponsors and a bunch of presets. (sashes, stripes, hoops, etc.). Here's what it looks like and once complete, I'll upload it for anyone to use.

View attachment 1672736
So clean - I look forward to seeing the full thing 👏

I can't draw at all but I have lots of designs in my head for AFL logos and jumpers. I often think about what jumpers/clubs/logos I would make if I could when I'm bored at work.

Is there a way you can learn Graphic Design without being any good artistically?

I can't draw at all but I have lots of designs in my head for AFL logos and jumpers. I often think about what jumpers/clubs/logos I would make if I could when I'm bored at work.

Is there a way you can learn Graphic Design without being any good artistically?
just keep on practicing. doesn't matter if your using high end software or microsoft paint.

just keep on practicing. doesn't matter if your using high end software or microsoft paint.
I'm definitely a paint person lol.

It's annoying having all these ideas in my head but when I get a pen and draw it looks like I just graduated kindergarten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back