Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know where else to put this, but dear lord AFC what are you doing you fools! An indigenous design comp open to everybody! I get that we seem to be all about 'fan engagement', but Lindy from Lockleys' "I just wanted to have a go at dot painting" (similar to that ballarat league logo this year) should not be considered by the club at all. Half tempted to send in a protest design just letting them know my thoughts on the matter. I know it is not going to end up with the scenario that I'm thinking about, but this is a really poor move in my opinion and non indigenous folks really shouldn't have anything to with the look and feel of this round of indigenous round, it isn't our culture. #fancycuck rant over.
crow28 you made it mate. Page 7 in the PDF.

Don't know where else to put this, but dear lord AFC what are you doing you fools! An indigenous design comp open to everybody! I get that we seem to be all about 'fan engagement', but Lindy from Lockleys' "I just wanted to have a go at dot painting" (similar to that ballarat league logo this year) should not be considered by the club at all. Half tempted to send in a protest design just letting them know my thoughts on the matter. I know it is not going to end up with the scenario that I'm thinking about, but this is a really poor move in my opinion and non indigenous folks really shouldn't have anything to with the look and feel of this round of indigenous round, it isn't our culture. #fancycuck rant over.
Despite it being open to everyone, the PDF itself makes it sound like it's going to be very hard for a non-indigenous graphic designer to get through every stage, let alone your bog average fan. Club seems very aware of the backlash they could recieve if they balls this up. Which alleviates some of my worry.

Very stringent rules and briefing on a very professional template is going to knock out nearly all the "I could do that!" Designers I think.

Despite it being open to everyone, the PDF itself makes it sound like it's going to be very hard for a non-indigenous graphic designer to get through every stage, let alone your bog average fan. Club seems very aware of the backlash they could recieve if they balls this up. Which alleviates some of my worry.

Very stringent rules and briefing on a very professional template is going to knock out nearly all the "I could do that!" Designers I think.
Yeah I fully understand that there is little to no chance of it happening, but there is still a couple of things that bug me. Firstly, I've already seen a couple of posts of 'I'm going to have a go at some dot painting' not knowing how insensitive that can be if they're not indigenous. which could have been made into a learning experience if they were excluded and if the club gave an explaination of why they can't take part. Also, McLeod has a track record of producing absolute rippers that fans love, why move away from that.

Yeah I fully understand that there is little to no chance of it happening, but there is still a couple of things that bug me. Firstly, I've already seen a couple of posts of 'I'm going to have a go at some dot painting' not knowing how insensitive that can be if they're not indigenous. which could have been made into a learning experience if they were excluded and if the club gave an explaination of why they can't take part. Also, McLeod has a track record of producing absolute rippers that fans love, why move away from that.
Yeah, that's fair. I didn't a cultural competency module at uni last semester, that sorta insensitivity really bugs me now.

PLynton Martin
'the designer' (yes, they actually refer to themselves as 'the designer') says on their website that they are studying "a double bachelors degree in Architecture and construction management, whilst also undertaking a diploma of graphic design" If PLynton can do this and still be in bed before sundown, then I think we all need to back the * off.

I don't believe that it would be anyone on here, because I don't see why anyone would post one set of designs on BF and a completely different set on another platform, he seems to me like someone who just stumbled across scorch's template and used it for his instagram stuff without realising that there is a whole community here around this kind of thing.

'the designer' (yes, they actually refer to themselves as 'the designer') says on their website that they are studying "a double bachelors degree in Architecture and construction management, whilst also undertaking a diploma of graphic design" If PLynton can do this and still be in bed before sundown, then I think we all need to back the **** off.

I don't believe that it would be anyone on here, because I don't see why anyone would post one set of designs on BF and a completely different set on another platform, he seems to me like someone who just stumbled across scorch's template and used it for his instagram stuff without realising that there is a whole community here around this kind of thing.
It's not him. pm6design has another account called @zavazi where he actually posts his gd stuff so it's definitely not PLynton.

It's not him. pm6design has another account called @zavazi where he actually posts his gd stuff so it's definitely not PLynton.
Yeah, I worked out it wasn't Lynton pretty quickly because he did a Gold Coast rebrand:p. He seems to have posted a tassie concept at the same time as we had the wotifweds comp on it so I'd take a guess in saying he does actually know about the board, and just doesn't post on here. So if you're reading this MI6, we don't bite!

Yeah, I worked out it wasn't Lynton pretty quickly because he did a Gold Coast rebrand:p. He seems to have posted a tassie concept at the same time as we had the wotifweds comp on it so I'd take a guess in saying he does actually know about the board, and just doesn't post on here. So if you're reading this MI6, we don't bite!
The funny thing is I remember Lynton commenting "that looks terrible mate" on it or something on the GC rebrand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crow28 you made it mate. Page 7 in the PDF.

Haha I saw that last night! Seems odd they would take one quote from an anonymous person on a forum while all the others have names attributed, but anyway....

I too had concerns when I saw this fancyscum. Why on earth you would open it up to every Tom, Dick and Harry is beyond me. The only rational thought I could come up with is that they wanted to engage Indigenous artists that they otherwise wouldn't have a way to connect with and this was the only way to do it. This bit gave me a little more confidence that they know how to go about this in a respectful way, and will ultimately choose a worthy design.

AFC said:
Disclaimer: Please note that while this tender is open to all Australian citizens, we strongly encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities to participate in this tender process.

The downside is that it probably "cheapens" the Indigenous artwork a little in the eyes of many non-Indigenous Australians who will just look at it and think "yeah I could do that".

Did laugh at this bit though. If only they applied it to, you know, their actual logo.

AFC said:
The Crow is fundamental to the design of the guernsey and if incorporated into the design, should be reflective of our Club values. Visually, the Crow should also be strong, powerful, determined. However, the visual depiction of this does not need to be literal or overt.

Interesting logo found in the PDF template.
2T5UP4z.png

So my little brother finally turned 18 a few months ago, and now with his HSC Trials over he's going to his first party at a mates house where it's BYOA. We're not much of a drinking people, but he wants to take something. I've recommended Strongbow (I don't drink beer, personal choice) already or perhaps Canadian Club. Any other ideas?
If he wants to be the life of the party, then he should take some coke.

jokes a side.

When i first started drinking, i didn't really like the taste of many drinks. I guess things like vodka rahspberry, jack and coke and koperberg strawberry and lime were my go to drinks. Eventually i got sick of the sweet drinks and got into beer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back