Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
DoQdtsxU8AQ0WLc.jpg

good year, this one was.

happy new year, fjgd. getting in early since I won't make it to midnight.

I've brought this up before but I reckon the CompOTY award should be split, one for "Weekly" and one for "League" due to the nature of the comps being different.
League comps involve a number of one off designs used weekly against each other &
Weekly comps involve activity where new designs are made every week

You know what - sure. You’re the only candidate to win but the badge is probably deserved given the work you put in to keep up activity on the board.

Voting threads will go up later tonight, or possibly tomorrow.

At the moment, I'm not a fan and I'd like the old theme back, but once everything's ironed out I'm sure I'll get used to it. Some of the new features sound exciting (especially the private boards - I reckon it will be very popular)

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
in terms of the overall design, i reckon it's a lot nicer. pretty sleek and modern at least compared to the last version. the guts of it i'll take a while to get used to.

Some useless calculations relating to the forum statistics:

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 10.51.47 am.png

The average amount of posts per member is 570.28
The average amount of threads per member is 11.17

An interesting statistic would be the median amount of posts by each member. Some members would have posted quite a fair bit (100k+) but there would be thousands of accounts on less than 100 posts. Like house prices, the median would give a better indication of how active the average member tends to be

Just woke up and Dark Mode seems to have improved, as has the site in general. Glad the badges aren’t huge any more. Just waiting on teams to show up, that seems rather important but just like most redesigns Chief seems to improve them over time so it should get better.

i've been working on a portfolio since november and i'm nearly finished the first half of it. o_O
i've started bits of the second part of it too, but i'm getting real close to being happy enough with it to start posting up.

Looking forward to it!

At the moment, I'm not a fan and I'd like the old theme back, but once everything's ironed out I'm sure I'll get used to it. Some of the new features sound exciting (especially the private boards - I reckon it will be very popular)
Private boards have been a thing for a long time, they've just not been available. (Sweet F.A. committee uses one and I believe that the mods also use one)

Private boards have been a thing for a long time, they've just not been available. (Sweet F.A. committee uses one and I believe that the mods also use one)

Ah fair enough, I never knew about them until I heard Chief mention them when talking about the update. Once they're publicly available it will be real cool. In terms of FJGD use, a sub-board for Jumper Tipping with individual threads may be an idea to look into?

Back