Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah fair enough, I never knew about them until I heard Chief mention them when talking about the update. Once they're publicly available it will be real cool. In terms of FJGD use, a sub-board for Jumper Tipping with individual threads may be an idea to look into?
We wont go into creating a subforum.
Back in the day, we used to have a subforum for all the competitions,

We wont go into creating a subforum.
Back in the day, we used to have a subforum for all the competitions,

Really? Probably became fairly cluttered after a while and became hard to keep track of, and the main board would have straggled quietly if a popular comp was on. Also, plenty of people who like to vote but didn't enter would be locked out, and having the comps on the main board allows our work to be exposed and shared with the wider community

Complete opposite. The comps sub-board was a ghost town.

Wow, there you go. I'd have thought a sub-board for comps would have been quite lively, but from the short time I've been around, having all FJGD discussion on the one main board has allowed for many lively discussions and a hive of activity among many threads (although I can't say the same thing for the 'New Jumpers for 2019' thread - that place has been as quiet as North Haverbrook following the Monorail disaster)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Wow, there you go. I'd have thought a sub-board for comps would have been quite lively, but from the short time I've been around, having all FJGD discussion on the one main board has allowed for many lively discussions and a hive of activity among many threads (although I can't say the same thing for the 'New Jumpers for 2019' thread - that place has been as quiet as North Haverbrook following the Monorail disaster)

People just skip over sub boards and forget they exist. Vote numbers plummetted.

It'd be different if we had a huge vibrant board and needed a separate section to keep comps, but the current setup suits the activity on the board pretty well.

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
Absolutely nothing :)

Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 7.04.22 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 7.04.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-10 at 7.04.22 PM.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ersey-timeout-penalty-by-showing-email-to-ref

Was just watching a video about this that I thought was interesting.
TLDR; An NCAA Football team was charged a timeout for each quarter (4 in total) by the referees for violating uniform policy. This is apparently within their power to do so.

In other instances, teams can be penalised for numbers being not clearly visible (https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...ized-arkansas-game-illegal-jerseys/623526001/)

Man that first one is a doozy. So much miscommunication and rule confusion. Gives the AFL a run for its money.

Might be a shot in the dark but does anyone here own an Oppo R17? Tryna suss out a new phone at the moment and this one looks good so far
Go into the store and try the phones they have there and pick the one on the best deal for you

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Looking at the specs they seem amazing but I've seen some people complain about the UI and other things, could just be nitpicky stuff. How much you sell them for just out of interest?
Apologies. We sell the R15 Pro currently. It’s at EOL though so I expect the R17 will replace it soon.

Expect to pay around $65 P/M for 20GB of data.

The software has its quirks but it’s as fluid and smooth as any other phone IMO.

Good tune for when I'm designing stuff on the go. If you like the FIFA-kind of music this is right up your alley

There’s a thread for this... ;)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Bring this here to get it out of MN's thread.

I simply said that Indigenous Australians were an important part of the discussion around our flag, not just any old group of people. You first mentioned the issues of racial divides and identity politics. I feel like I was pretty conscious of not derailing the thread and trying to keep the convo around the flag which you brought up, unlike a certain poster who saw it as a chance to go with his political correctness has gone mad schtick.

I certainly hope you are not referring to me in this. I am no where near being PC. Especially seen you have to like people to be that. I however do believe in equality, the equality that I have all people* equally.

*The collective people, not individual people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back