Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring this here to get it out of MN's thread.

I certainly hope you are not referring to me in this. I am no where near being PC. Especially seen you have to like people to be that. I however do believe in equality, the equality that I have all people* equally.

*The collective people, not individual people.
nah, not talking about you, what you were saying came across as reasonable and you weren't just looking to be edgy.

Ah good. Couldn't stand to be placed into the PC category. I am anti-PC (except when it comes to PC vs Mac).
I'm really not sure on the whole "you're either PC or anti-PC" thing. I'd like to think of myself as pretty progressive and politically correct, but I know there would be some folks out there that would find my views perhaps to be a bit out of date or not accepting enough. I'm sure there are some things where you could be considered as being PC, as much as you have grown to despise the label :p, it's all a scale as far as I'm concerned.

What games do people here play these days, if any?
If you're talking about video games, I usually play NBA2K and Fifa but lately I've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey. Finished RDR2 the day after it came out haha

If you're talking about video games, I usually play NBA2K and Fifa but lately I've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey. Finished RDR2 the day after it came out haha

Yeah I've gone off a lot of the mainstream video games recently given the way the IP's are treated by their respective publishers. Haven't been able to enjoy my favourite games in the past like Halo or Star Wars Battlefront without being bombarded with micro transactions. Avidly played Destiny 1 for a while, then got bored because lack of content.

Mostly play strategy and sport games now, though I would say I'm excited for Halo Online (hopefully brings back the good times I had playing the originals).

Edit: Meant Halo Infinite, though Online is great too

Last edited:

NBA 2K19 has been eating up a lot of my free time these days. Got my MyPlayer up to 87 but it's an absolute grind.

Pretty much only Rocket League since it's a good game to bash out 20 minutes of. Last game I played through was a re play of Witcher 2 which is pretty reflective of my thing of basically only playing games I own and games I played when I was <16. Last new game I played was Witcher 3 a few years ago. 2015 apparently. Jeehze. Yeah might give New Vegas or Oblivion another whirl...

Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros. I’ve been having a real hankering for late-90s stuff lately. Been listening to a lot of music from that era too. Must be an early mid-life crisis!

I take it that many of you blokes have attending sporting events before. Where are your favourite spots at the different venues around the country to watch sport?

I go to the MCG quite a bit- I love the Ponsford Stand. I regularly sit there if I have the option when attending sporting events. In the afternoon, it is cool there in the summer as the sun goes behind the stand. It also feels more connected to the players than the Olympic Stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it that many of you blokes have attending sporting events before. Where are your favourite spots at the different venues around the country to watch sport?

I go to the MCG quite a bit- I love the Ponsford Stand. I regularly sit there if I have the option when attending sporting events. In the afternoon, it is cool there in the summer as the sun goes behind the stand. It also feels more connected to the players than the Olympic Stand.
Have you ever been to Metricon Stadium?

I could think of about a million things I'd rather do than play a Paradox strategy game
Paradox Strat games are probably the best in the industry in terms of depth, skill-required, enjoyment, re-playabiltiy and value for money.
The people developing the games IMO truly care about what they are creating, though Paradox's DLC policy leaves a bit to be desired.

I didn't even mention Political Correctness though I was just talking about identity politics which is quite different.
If you didn't mention political correctness, then I clearly wasn't talking about you.

I could think of about a million things I'd rather do than play a Paradox strategy game
The fact that you could think of a million things better and one of them is certainly drawing fantasy footy jumpers for strangers on the internet tells me all I need to know about these games :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back