Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

I am starting up a tipping comp at my work and just trying to find the best way to share the prize fund?

I was hoping to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd and possibly winner each round or 8 in a week?

Most smaller workplace comps just pool in $10 each for a first prize, and then if you get around 20-30 people in you can do a 70-30 split on a 1st and 2nd.

This year I'm planning to start chipping away at bucket list footy matches (pretty much just all the marquee matches). I can't decide between ANZAC Eve or ANZAC Day however. Both have a huge atmosphere, both are special matches, and both will be cracking games (Top 4 vs Top 4 in both). Anyone been to either or have one they reckon would be better?

Also, does anyone know when/why West Coast changed their theme song from "for year's they took the best of us..." to "hey eagles hey eagles...". Just listening to some of the older ones and never really put much thought into when it changed

This year I'm planning to start chipping away at bucket list footy matches (pretty much just all the marquee matches). I can't decide between ANZAC Eve or ANZAC Day however. Both have a huge atmosphere, both are special matches, and both will be cracking games (Top 4 vs Top 4 in both). Anyone been to either or have one they reckon would be better?

Also, does anyone know when/why West Coast changed their theme song from "for year's they took the best of us..." to "hey eagles hey eagles...". Just listening to some of the older ones and never really put much thought into when it changed

2000 I believe, as part of the big rebrand from the wings to the fat budgie. The whole rebrand was to attract younger fans to the club.

Accidentally went and made this
1551536479179.png

Doubt you'd be able to find a seat at ANZAC day unless you're willing to fork more out than a typical $25 for concession :(

hansie

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2006
Outeniqua Mountains
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins

Both are excellent games
I would say ANZAC Day as it is pretty special

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Saw this on the Suns website. From reading the article it talks about the Suns womens team playing in a 'Winter Series' against the Lions team in Mackay. From that I can only assume that's the womens jumper or some kind of promotional one.

TL;DR: Gold coast jumper with gold cuffs.
Screenshot_2019-03-03-23-21-11-93.jpeg

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Looks like my prediction was correct. Also it's pretty cool to see Blackburn FC included in this picture, the biggest club in the EFL. Go to almost every one of their games and looking to buy a membership for next year, carn the Burners!
20190308_181145.jpeg

hansie

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2006
Outeniqua Mountains
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins
Looks like my prediction was correct. Also it's pretty cool to see Blackburn FC included in this picture, the biggest club in the EFL. Go to almost every one of their games and looking to buy a membership for next year, carn the Burners!View attachment 631464

Yep...go burners....no doubt included as they have jumped on the fight mnd cause as the great neale daniher attends most home games, his son plays there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yep...go burners....no doubt included as they have jumped on the fight mnd cause as the great neale daniher attends most home games, his son plays there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it was a Blackburn vs Nth Ringwood game, I saw him there watching along the boundary and had a bit of a chat with Neale, bloody good bloke.

Also on a somewhat related note, currently looking at redesigning Blackburn's horrible logo, watch this space...

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So they have a couple of wins this year and now they think they're ready to challenge for a Super Bowl? Pssh.
7-8-1 record for them is amazing from where they are at. With Steelers on a sharp decline and the Bengals being the Bengals, I'd say the AFC North battle is between the Browns and Ravens.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
anyone else experienced a workplace takeover bid? i work for a publicly listed company and we were just told today we had an unsolicited offer to buy our company from someone else. i'm only 24 and my only other job besides this one was at coles (lol), so i've never been through anything like this before.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Hey everyone, I am setting up a footy tipping comp and we want to do it if you forget to put your tips in you get nothing but AFL tipping website does not do that. is there any website that follows that rule? Cheers

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Hey everyone, I am setting up a footy tipping comp and we want to do it if you forget to put your tips in you get nothing but AFL tipping website does not do that. is there any website that follows that rule? Cheers

Why would you want to do that? if someone forgets they'll drop way off the pack and likely just give up.

Why would you want to do that? if someone forgets they'll drop way off the pack and likely just give up.
He's trying to create a battle royale version of footy tipping, last man standing.

He's trying to create a battle royale version of footy tipping, last man standing.
And it will be only Lynton and Joel Martin by themselves.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
anyone else experienced a workplace takeover bid? i work for a publicly listed company and we were just told today we had an unsolicited offer to buy our company from someone else. i'm only 24 and my only other job besides this one was at coles (lol), so i've never been through anything like this before.

Yeah, about 3 of them. Generally speaking, it's middle management and above that are the ones likely to have any major change in a restructure, lower hierarchy employees are 'generally' safe.

Back