Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
24 years in the making... let's bring it home
source.gif

Now it's time for the Toronto Sixers to pull through in CAN-AM ;)

I'm afraid the cup's gonna make like LeBron did in 2010 and take itself to South Beach...

Yeah I might get in to soccer for once next time the A-League rolls around. Just find it hard to keep track of European Leagues for which I have no reason to go for any particular team (though I used to play as Juventus a lot on FIFA14 because they looked like Collingwood).
Probably will give Melbourne City a crack purely for the fact that I loved Melbourne Heart's logo.
I'm a bit the same actually, I've tried to get into soccer but it just hasn't completely clicked for me yet. I enjoy playing FIFA and when it's on TV I don't mind watching but for some reason it hasn't grown on me.

I always play as Manchester City on FIFA because my uncle (a big soccer fan) is a City fan, so I guess Melbourne City is a logical choice. And their colours are pretty nice too
I suggest following the EPL it's a great place to start, or even one of the lower leagues. Bit hard to watch the games but it's a good time for a night owl like me

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
This is a little reference about how long current collar designs have been used for:

Football
ISC- Since 2017
Majestic- Since 2018
Nike- Since 2018
Cotton On- Since Rd 23 2018
X Blades- Since 2018
Adidas- Since 2018
Puma- Since 2017
Asics- Since 2019
New Balance- Since 2015

Rugby League
ISC- Since 2017
X Blades- Since 2019
Classic- Since 2019
Canterbury- Since 2019
Honesty- Since 2019

Saw this on reddit, a user on there created these.

Looks great with the clubs logos on the heart.

As much as I hope the AFL doesn't go down this line with it's sponsorship (especially with Carlton basically losing the only symbol that makes them iconic), this isn't as bad of an attempt as what the AFL would probably muster.

"wArRiOrS iN fOuR"
- Facebook nuffies, 2019
You've got to remember, these Facebook nuffies only care about basketball during the playoffs. During the regular season you'll see them switch from the Warriors, to the Rockets, then to the Nuggets and finally to the Lakers, before they get eliminated from contention :p

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
What's peoples thoughts on green + red colour schemes? Haven't seen a lot of them on here except for Palmerston in the NAFLR last season. Thinking about going with it for one of the few comps coming up, but is it a colour scheme that people find hard to make work or is it something I should just have a swing at and see what works and what doesn't?

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
What's peoples thoughts on green + red colour schemes? Haven't seen a lot of them on here except for Palmerston in the NAFLR last season. Thinking about going with it for one of the few comps coming up, but is it a colour scheme that people find hard to make work or is it something I should just have a swing at and see what works and what doesn't?
I thinks a great combo; very appley! You might want an accent colour to go with it though (e.g. white or yellow). Go for it I reckon.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

Rabbitohs make it work.

Can someone explain the difference between all the European soccer championships and stuff?
I understand that the EPL Premier is the team that finishes on top of the ladder, but where do Chelsea and Liverpool come from to win all these titles? Why didn't Manchester City win them if they're the best team in the UK?

Can someone explain the difference between all the European soccer championships and stuff?
I understand that the EPL Premier is the team that finishes on top of the ladder, but where do Chelsea and Liverpool come from to win all these titles? Why didn't Manchester City win them if they're the best team in the UK?
The UEFA Champions League is the European version of the AFC Champions League for the A-League. The best teams from each of the top level leagues in each of the countries play off each year in a tournament. So teams like City, Liverpool etc will play Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan etc.
It’s a double round robin (8 groups of 4), followed by a two-leg knockout tournament.
There is also the Europa League for some of the smaller countries and clubs that didn’t do so well previously.

On top of this, each country also have a knockout style competition, similar to the FFA Cup in Aus.

It would be interesting to see a similar version of the best state league teams play off

Back