Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Disappointing loss, but we will win in Oakland due to KD's unfortunate injury, and if not we'll for sure win at home in Game 7. Just bad coaching decision by Nurse when we were up by 6, decided to call a timeout when we were hot. Hindsight is 20/20 but just frustrating we couldn't put it away today. Going to be thinking about this for the rest of the week now.

pre_launch_one_offs_800.jpg

Get around it, cobbers.

FB: ShieldAUS // IG: shieldsportsau​

I have to say I am loving the 90's vibe with this New Era cap from the Bombers...although that might have something to do with the fact I had a doona cover with this logo all over it as a 6-year-old. I am such a turncoat.
View attachment 691003

At least you turned the right way ;)

Anyone else remember Channel 10 using this song for their AFL promos?

Speaking of nostalgic Channel 10 footy era songs

I'd put money on every single Australian born before about 2006 being able to place that piano riff

When's this running 'til? Want to get a design made up but not sure which one.

Will probably run for the rest of the month but honestly for anyone on FJGD, I’d always give them the discounted rates.

Carlton look certain to be with Puma from next year onwards.

How do we think the jumper will look? Will the blue be too dark? Hopefully they raise the monogram

Wouldn’t be too concerned about the navy being too dark, their fabrics hold navy pretty well (see: West Coast for 20 odd years).

All comes down to the Pantone colours though, I know their branding guide shows it to be quite a visible navy blue but if Carlton or the manufacturer have opted to go darker, well, it’ll be that navy black colour.

Currently looking for some new sneakers any of you have recommendations

I wear the basic black/white Nike Tanjuns, they’re fashionable, comfortable and durable.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

What's your budget and what are you using them for?

I upgraded from Nike Pegasus to Nike Epic Reacts last time I needed a new pair and the flyknit and react foam is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure I could easily go back to the old Pegasus runners.

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
What's your budget and what are you using them for?

I upgraded from Nike Pegasus to Nike Epic Reacts last time I needed a new pair and the flyknit and react foam is absolutely brilliant. I'm not sure I could easily go back to the old Pegasus runners.
Budget $140-$150 max and use would be pretty much general - basically stuff you would want to wear sneakers for (e.g. exercise etc)

If you're not necessarily keen on the big brands, give some Brooks a go. Recently bought a pair of these black ones that are really comfortable and I can wear to basically any event, whether it be for running or something social.

Nah, these are grandpa shoes. Far too lame even for the average dad.

Both my dad and my partner’s dad are card carrying members of the New Balance MX624 club.

They’re both mid-late 40s as well (teen parents woo)

Back