Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Can anyone here recommend me an NBA team to follow? I’m expanding my sporting sphere, gotten into soccer and Basketball a lot lately and the only league I’m not following closely is the aforementioned one above. Hoping a team will invest me somewhat more but have no idea where to start. Suggestions?

Can anyone here recommend me an NBA team to follow? I’m expanding my sporting sphere, gotten into soccer and Basketball a lot lately and the only league I’m not following closely is the aforementioned one above. Hoping a team will invest me somewhat more but have no idea where to start. Suggestions?

raptors baby.

Do you have a favourite city in America? or perhaps family connections there? These are things that would give you some connection to a team but you can also simply look for your favourite colours (as child-like as that sounds). Also if you follow any other american sports it's nice to make them all the same city :)

I became a Celtics supporter knowing nothing about the NBA after I first played NBA2K12 (IIRC) and they were the default team you played on training. Something as simple as that.

Are you looking necessarily to bandwagon or follow a team on the rise? Or does that not matter to you?

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Do you have a favourite city in America? or perhaps family connections there? These are things that would give you some connection to a team but you can also simply look for your favourite colours (as child-like as that sounds). Also if you follow any other american sports it's nice to make them all the same city :)

I became a Celtics supporter knowing nothing about the NBA after I first played NBA2K12 (IIRC) and they were the default team you played on training. Something as simple as that.

Are you looking necessarily to bandwagon or follow a team on the rise? Or does that not matter to you?
I was thinking about following the Celtics as I love Boston, and was going to double down and following the Patriots in the NFL as well.

I was thinking about following the Celtics as I love Boston, and was going to double down and following the Patriots in the NFL as well.
Well they're currently leading the Bucks right now after being about 20 pts down at half :) Sounds like a perfect choice.

I did consider that

I want to follow the Jets in the NFL but they are hot trash at the moment.
Why don't you follow the other Green team ;)
7-1 as of right now, only team which isn't owned by a greedy businessman, 4-time SB champs, founding team of the NFL with an incredibly rich and deep history, Aaron Rodgers.

Need I say more?

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Why don't you follow the other Green team ;)
7-1 as of right now, only team which isn't owned by a greedy businessman, 4-time SB champs, founding team of the NFL with an incredibly rich and deep history, Aaron Rodgers.

Need I say more?

Sounds like a perfect choice.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

Golden State Warriors. All the twelvies have probably already moved on to the next shiny toy so you can get in while they’re rubbish and wait for the next dynasty.

But for real, try not to jump on a team just because they’re good. For that reason I’d say avoid the Patriots in the NFL. Nobody likes a glory hunter, and its way more satisfying to grow with a team and watch them earn success than just a hit of instant gratification. That doesn’t mean you have to pick the team on the bottom, but if you’re going to be picking a team from scratch that you have no particular connection to, I don’t recommend just going for whoever is winning right now.

Golden State Warriors. All the twelvies have probably already moved on to the next shiny toy so you can get in while they’re rubbish and wait for the next dynasty.

But for real, try not to jump on a team just because they’re good. For that reason I’d say avoid the Patriots in the NFL. Nobody likes a glory hunter, and its way more satisfying to grow with a team and watch them earn success than just a hit of instant gratification. That doesn’t mean you have to pick the team on the bottom, but if you’re going to be picking a team from scratch that you have no particular connection to, I don’t recommend just going for whoever is winning right now.
MadKingMatty no idea if you’ve picked a team but this is the perfect reason to pick the Thunder. We have something like 24 first round picks up to 2026 as well as some really promising youth so if everything goes to plan, we could be talking ‘ships babyyyyyy.

Back