Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Got 73.40 which was enough to get into Civil Engineering at Deakin which was my ideal course so I'm pretty happy with what I got.

A bit cringe but here's my reaction vid if you wanna check it out

Idk man this seems like a pretty elaborate ruse to convince us that you’re more than one person and can vote for yourself in comps...

Also, how farken good is a day/night test in Perth. Nothing but cricket from 4pm onwards over in the Eastern states.
It’s stupid. Hate D/N Test Cricket. Test Cricket should not be ****ed with. It’s cricket at its purest form and it needs to be kept like that. If you want to * about with cricket, T20 is where you can do that.

also, I don’t think a D/N Test in Perth v NZ was the best work from the schedulers. Game starts at 6pm and finishes 1am.

It’s stupid. Hate D/N Test Cricket. Test Cricket should not be f’ed with. It’s cricket at its purest form and it needs to be kept like that. If you want to fu** about with cricket, T20 is where you can do that.

also, I don’t think a D/N Test in Perth v NZ was the best work from the schedulers. Game starts at 6pm and finishes 1am.
I'm not too sure what to think about it, part of me is on your side, that test cricket is sacrosanct. But the other part of me thinks of how much areas of test cricket has changed; helmets, sponsors on jerseys etc so I think playing D/N is just part of the inevitable evolution of the sport. Whether D/N is actually necessary is another conversation. I'm not too sure why they need to do D/N tests apart from the novelty of it.

It’s stupid. Hate D/N Test Cricket. Test Cricket should not be f’ed with. It’s cricket at its purest form and it needs to be kept like that. If you want to fu** about with cricket, T20 is where you can do that.

dunno about you but this timing is great being in Perth.

I'm not too sure what to think about it, part of me is on your side, that test cricket is sacrosanct. But the other part of me thinks of how much areas of test cricket has changed; helmets, sponsors on jerseys etc so I think playing D/N is just part of the inevitable evolution of the sport. Whether D/N is actually necessary is another conversation. I'm not too sure why they need to do D/N tests apart from the novelty of it.
The numbers on jerseys is too much. Helmets is a safety issue thou.

dunno about you but this timing is great being in Perth.
All I’m saying in regards to that is they probably should have picked a team we’re the latest of a Perth Test would mean that it’s not too late for the other country. Maybe next year against India would have been better, as it’s still daytime for the subcontinent.

I wasn't ever much of a fan of the day-night Tests, but this year's D/N Test in Adelaide has changed my mind completely. It's absolutely fantastic to settle down and watch the cricket in the afternoon and into the evening, and as the sun sets the advantage switches from batter to bowler which livens up the matches.

While the traditional Test match during the day is a fantastic institution, I would certainly support more Tests in the Australian summer moving to the D/N slot. The Perth Test at the moment is a bit awkward for those on the East Coast (not starting until 4:00pm, finishing at 11-11:30pm), but then every other Test is a pain for those on the West Coast with timeslots (BD and NYT start at 7:30am AWST) so I'm happy for those on the West Coast to have a Test better fit their timezone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 73.40 which was enough to get into Civil Engineering at Deakin which was my ideal course so I'm pretty happy with what I got.

A bit cringe but here's my reaction vid if you wanna check it out
Coupla good looking roosters aren't yas. Haha onya mate

Perth Test at the moment is a bit awkward for those on the East Coast (not starting until 4:00pm, finishing at 11-11:30pm)
I think it's the best thing that's ever happened to the East Coast, get home from a long day at school/work and just sit and watch the cricket without missing much of the action. 21st century decadence at its finest lol.

I think it's the best thing that's ever happened to the East Coast, get home from a long day at school/work and just sit and watch the cricket without missing much of the action. 21st century decadence at its finest lol.

That's a good thought, having now finished school I hadn't put much thought into it like that, but I reckon 10 year old Sparkle would've been keen to get home from school and see the day's play from the start. Probably not until the end though, I had a bedtime to stick to :(

Is there any way to change your footy team in your bio thingy? Mine says Port Adelaide as favourite team and Geelong in my other teams part, but it should be the other way around. Not that it really matters but it just kinda annoys me when I look at it haha.
Not if you support two teams. Andonis1997 Hahahah.

There is a way. Look for page where you can pick teams from other leagues. It should be there.

What are your thoughts on the Brisbane Olympics bid?
As a brisbanite * no. Will screw absolutely everything over and we'll be rooted for the next few decades or whatever.

Although they might finally make the pt system work so.....that's a positive i guess

That was absolutely wild.
Sure it wasn't perfect - dialogue a bit dodgy, certain points left unexplained, some retcons a bit blehish, but HOLY s**t it was abso-*******-lutely glorious. Proper Star Wars vibes in that.

each to their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back