Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as how this irs the rando, chaT.
Can I just tell, you. my firends that Bushmills Irish Wihskey Red Bush is not all about females wqith red hair and certain parts of their anamtomy

It is a lvoely drop. anmd well wirth the investemtn if yp0u get the chance
Already on it?

Nathan and I were asked to umpire a Blackburn practice match last night. One team wore their regular training tops while the other wore...

88230720_210487040336334_1685922062662631424_n.jpg

The story behind this being after the 2010 flag, Collingwood, sponsored by Lexus, gave out a whole bunch of kit to Lexus to distribute either in giveaways or some special promotion, etc.
Blackburn has been sponsored by Lexus Blackburn for well over a decade and this Lexus thought they'd send all of theirs to the local footy club.
Some player found the stock and started selling them at training sometime last year which Nathan and I managed to snag for $10 a jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Border Has Closed
9 March 2020, 8:15pm

lh3UyGF.png

The United Kingdoms exit from Europe has claimed its first sporting casualty today.

The CCRC club Border Reivers is closing its doors after the owners came to the decision that the club was untenable, with Scottish fans feeling that they could no longer sit side by side with their English counterparts after the majority of the clubs Scottish fans disagreed with the UK's exit from the European Union (Brexit), while the English fans were behind the decision.

As such the club has made the decision to disband with owners looking at their potential options for the future.

Sources claim that the clubs owners have already made a decision to where the club will relocate to (and that they will remain in the UK), and that a new name and logo are already in the works if not already completed.

We are sure to have further news within the next few days, weeks or months about the ongoing developments with this club as we near the next season of the CCRC towards the end of 2020 after the league went on a 1 year hiatus due to scheduling issues.

True that i mean SCU up here in qld closed for a day before being reopened not to mention the mess going on at UQ.

What about down there? You're at uni right?
Having a gap year this year, so pretty good decision in hindsight of the current predicament. There's recently been a confirmed case at La Trobe Uni in Bundoora but most other universities are letting overseas students back in albeit at a cautionary rate. But apart from the toilet paper hoarding *******s, life isn't much different than normal where I live.

I ws talking about closing schools, unis, most workplaces (similar to Italy). Probably should have clarified.

But I feel it's about to get out of control - particularly with the F1 mess down in Melbourne. People saying we're at the same stage Italy was around 2 weeks ago

Italy also has a population nearly 3 times larger as Australia (60+ Million compared to ~25 Million) that live in an area that is around 5,500km² larger than the combined size of Victoria and Tasmania, so the chances of an explosion in cases like in Italy is far less than what happened there. It could still happen, but probably won't.

With that being said, I can still see widespread shutdowns/closures as a precaution.

So the NBA has been suspended due to Rudy Gobert being diagnosed with Coronavirus. It's most likely going to cancel the rest of the season including finals. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to the AFL
At this point it's hard to say if the season will be cancelled all together. If anything it will probably be a two week hiatus and then resume where it left off if it's found there are no other cases. From then it could be played behind closed doors but there's far too much money in the NBA for them to just cancel the season outright.

Having said that, Raptors will remain reigning champs so im happy with that.

But I feel it's about to get out of control - particularly with the F1 mess down in Melbourne. People saying we're at the same stage Italy was around 2 weeks ago
Don't let yourself get caught up in the media sensation, they have a vested interest in getting you hooked on fear in order to get clicks and views. Sad but they'll do anything to make a buck. It's far from out of control here in Australia. But doesn't mean you shouldn't still be vigilant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back