Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Hey guys, long time no see, it's good to see some familiar names still around here. How have we all been?

8333639.gif

Don’t take life for granted guys.

If you need help, talk to someone, seek help.
Ive just had the worst 2 weeks of my life. I saw this and it hit me hard straight away. I want everyone to see this because I feel like a lot of people brush others problems off because they think they're not as bad as theirs. I've always suffered from anxiety, depression and anger problems and these past two weeks over the holidays working at Woolworths has really tested my mental health substantially. I ask all of you to please save this photo and post it on your social media because I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Cheers kings there are a lot of legends on FJGD and I'd love to get around all of you's for real (add me on Snapchat @calvingordon37 so we can sink a beer together) hope you all had a better holiday period of me and love you all even though I have met any of you I couldn't ask for a better bunch of lads to chat s**t with
FB_IMG_1609210091057.jpeg

Ive just had the worst 2 weeks of my life. I saw this and it hit me hard straight away. I want everyone to see this because I feel like a lot of people brush others problems off because they think they're not as bad as theirs. I've always suffered from anxiety, depression and anger problems and these past two weeks over the holidays working at Woolworths has really tested my mental health substantially. I ask all of you to please save this photo and post it on your social media because I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Cheers kings there are a lot of legends on FJGD and I'd love to get around all of you's for real (add me on Snapchat @calvingordon37 so we can sink a beer together) hope you all had a better holiday period of me and love you all even though I have met any of you I couldn't ask for a better bunch of lads to chat sh*t with View attachment 1034864

We love you around these parts, you’re a valued member of this board - top designer, top bloke. ❤️

Ive just had the worst 2 weeks of my life. I saw this and it hit me hard straight away. I want everyone to see this because I feel like a lot of people brush others problems off because they think they're not as bad as theirs. I've always suffered from anxiety, depression and anger problems and these past two weeks over the holidays working at Woolworths has really tested my mental health substantially. I ask all of you to please save this photo and post it on your social media because I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Cheers kings there are a lot of legends on FJGD and I'd love to get around all of you's for real (add me on Snapchat @calvingordon37 so we can sink a beer together) hope you all had a better holiday period of me and love you all even though I have met any of you I couldn't ask for a better bunch of lads to chat sh*t with View attachment 1034864
also before anyone thinks "Woolworths, really?" the reason why I mentioned Woolworths is because over Christmas and New years it gets extremely busy with Karen's thinking we're company robots and not human beings. just the other day I got called a "privileged c*nt" because she thinks we hide all the stock out the back for us to take home after the store shuts but really we have to wait until after our shift to do our shopping. which means there's nothing available to us. I got slapped in the face by a regular loyal customer that I usually have a nice chat to every time she comes in. it shows how when times get tough their real personality comes out and unfortunately it gets unleashed on us retail workers. but it issss what it issss let's gooooooo

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
also before anyone thinks "Woolworths, really?" the reason why I mentioned Woolworths is because over Christmas and New years it gets extremely busy with Karen's thinking we're company robots and not human beings. just the other day I got called a "privileged c*nt" because she thinks we hide all the stock out the back for us to take home after the store shuts but really we have to wait until after our shift to do our shopping. which means there's nothing available to us. I got slapped in the face by a regular loyal customer that I usually have a nice chat to every time she comes in. it shows how when times get tough their real personality comes out and unfortunately it gets unleashed on us retail workers. but it issss what it issss let's gooooooo
Next time you run out of toilet paper offer them sandpaper

Whether you worked at a local fish and chip shop or Goldman Sachs, your experiences and frustrations in your working environment are absolutely valid, there's no such thing as a job that isn't important enough in this matter after all it's how you make your money and develop skills that will all contribute toward your future careers and aspirations.

Get the exact same s**t at Hungry Jacks (admittedly far more so the poor girls who work front counter/drive-thru), you'd like to think you're not serving a representative slice of society but the reality is the overwhelming majority of people need to get groceries/want fast food. We find it cathartic after these events happen to just take the piss out of what happened and many "Karen" types have ended up becoming inside jokes among our crew, almost like a team bonding exercise lmao

It helps to take a bit of perspective and realise you won't be there forever, that this is just what you're doing to make ends meet until you big break arrives. I just pretend I'm doing something else like I'm making burgs for the homeless or maintaining a submarine doing all the maintenance stuff closing the store lol, that helps me take situations less personal or whatever and react calmly.

Most of all, doing your time in retail is hopefully making you a more socially conscious human being, aware of how you act in certain situations, how that makes others feel/think, and how that can alter the outcome of a social interaction.

Head up king, happy new year :)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Keep ya head up King, we love ya around here. DM always open mate.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Dylan8 do you still use the Affinity programs? Still think they're a great alternative to Ps and Ai? I've been looking into them because of my new Mac not being as "compatible" with similar "programs"... ..
I've been using it for maybe a year now and it's great. It's the main thing I use to make logos now. A worthwhile investment.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Ya. Great software.
I've been using it for maybe a year now and it's great. It's the main thing I use to make logos now. A worthwhile investment.
Perfect, thanks lads - I've only heard good things so seems like it's the way to go while Ps continue with instalment payments ✌

Back