Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Yeah I mean it's a case of you really want to commend them for giving it a crack and putting their ideas out there, this is exactly where we all start from and to be fair there are a few elements that look like they could make their way onto one of our designs. But I'd be mad jealous if 7afl pick up this or that Matt N bloke's designs knowing what has been made on this side of the internet and what some of the amateur designers here are capable of.

Wouldn't be a bad video idea to take a look at some of these designs made over the years, maybe even reviewing the fielding of the previous NAFL seasons.
I have a post coming out on IG that I’d like for 7afl to post (I think you know the post) so hopefully the FJGD army can get together and spam tag 7afl to repost hahahah

7afl only feature things from the r/AFL reddit
Oh yeah I’ll definitely be posting it their, gotta maximise the visibility like that, the reddit goes crazy for jumpers for whatever reason.

I guess this is further proof you should have to complete some sort of test before you can post footy jumper designs on the internet. Similar to before you become a doctor, a pilot or a lawyer.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
I guess this is further proof you should have to have to complete some sort of test before you can post footy jumper designs on the internet. Similar to before you become a doctor, a pilot or a lawyer.
Did 7AFL end up posting your AFL to Football portfolio you made last year? If not, I'll put in 'quiet word'...

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
7AFL never post anything footy jumpers unless it's sh*t or gimmicky.
1614675767049.png

Did 7AFL end up posting your AFL to Football portfolio you made last year? If not, I'll put in 'quiet word'...
Nah, they didn't. Part of the magic of the post on 7afl though is that the teenage intern has to stumble across the post in a desperate attempt to find some content. Whispering in the ear of those that run the account could completely throw out the natural balance of the universe and so I would advise against it.

I've honestly had an awful day and idk how long i can take this sh*t anymore
s**t days come and go when the sun goes down

Life doesn't if it ends, that's it.

Remember that the bad times will get better, it will.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
anyone started the making their mark series? just finished second episode, really enjoying it so far. i could watch one of these before the start of each season for sure. luckily chose the right season for content too haha.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
anyone started the making their mark series? just finished second episode, really enjoying it so far. i could watch one of these before the start of each season for sure. luckily chose the right season for content too haha.

just finished the second ep too! It’s extremely well produced and filmed, love that fly-on-the-wall stuff, couldn’t ask for much more really.

I'd definitely be more inclined to watch if Port were involved, it certainly doesn't help that Adelaide and Richmond are in it so I'll pass on it, I definitely do not need to relive Richmond winning that flag

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I'd definitely be more inclined to watch if Port were involved, it certainly doesn't help that Adelaide and Richmond are in it so I'll pass on it, I definitely do not need to relive Richmond winning that flag
i probably would be less keen on watching if my team weren't in it, but seeing all the behind the scenes stuff so far for all clubs has been fascinating. it'll pain me watching the last episode with richmond, but surely you would want to relive the crows finishing last? haha

Looks like adidas are going to be launching a pair of wolverine themed predator boots sometime soon, coincidentally after my wolverine and adidas predator inspired FLO entry from late last year. might just be the biggest "great minds think alike" moment in FJGD history. I don't play any sport where I have a practical use for these but I may have to look into picking up a pair!
adidas-predator-freak-wolverine-boots-6.jpg
NS-Wolverines.png

might just be the biggest "great minds think alike" moment in FJGD history.

This certainly beats out mine, just due to the level of niche crossover here. Insane!

October 2016:
Miami%20Home_zpsvepc4enz.png

January 2018:
vice_jerseys.jpg

datax990

Rookie
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bizarre scenes last night in the VFLW as Bulldogs and Magpies both wear white guernseys and shorts in the first half. Collingwood then switch into black shorts/black guernsey for the second half. Don't think there's ever been a complete uniform change in the middle of a game at AFL/W/VFL level before.

Attachments

• EwRPImuVEAEYpov.jpg
    EwRPImuVEAEYpov.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    143.6 KB · Views: 40
Bizarre scenes last night in the VFLW as Bulldogs and Magpies both wear white guernseys and shorts in the first half. Collingwood then switch into black shorts/black guernsey for the second half. Don't think there's ever been a complete uniform change in the middle of a game at AFL/W/VFL level before.
Not to mention the TAC Cup logos on the scorebug

Looks like adidas are going to be launching a pair of wolverine themed predator boots sometime soon, coincidentally after my wolverine and adidas predator inspired FLO entry from late last year. might just be the biggest "great minds think alike" moment in FJGD history. I don't play any sport where I have a practical use for these but I may have to look into picking up a pair!
adidas-predator-freak-wolverine-boots-6.jpg
View attachment 1076373
Sue the campaigners.

Back