Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Looks like adidas are going to be launching a pair of wolverine themed predator boots sometime soon, coincidentally after my wolverine and adidas predator inspired FLO entry from late last year. might just be the biggest "great minds think alike" moment in FJGD history. I don't play any sport where I have a practical use for these but I may have to look into picking up a pair!
adidas-predator-freak-wolverine-boots-6.jpg
View attachment 1076373
We could always form an FJGD FC :p:p:p

I was just standing behind a key cats players in line at Woolies and while waiting he was scrolling through BigFooty of all things. Makes me wonder how many AFL players we have amongst us

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am Jason Castagna

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
I was just standing behind a key cats player in line at Woolies and while waiting he was scrolling through BigFooty of all things. Makes me wonder how many AFL players we have amongst us

Sharrod Wellingham used to have an account here

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I think there's a thread on the mainboard about this sorta thing, but you'd be surprised the amount of players who probably frequent this site. I'm not sure why they would, perhaps just seeing what people are thinking about them/the team? It's certainly a lot different atmosphere to that of the other social medias like Facebook, Twitter etc. While it's a bit more toxic here, there's some nuggets good analysis if you dig far enough.

I think there's a thread on the mainboard about this sorta thing, but you'd be surprised the amount of players who probably frequent this site. I'm not sure why they would, perhaps just seeing what people are thinking about them/the team? It's certainly a lot different atmosphere to that of the other social medias like Facebook, Twitter etc. While it's a bit more toxic here, there's some nuggets good analysis if you dig far enough.
In Matthew Richardson's book he mentions he used to log onto forums after the game and read about it and it effected him poorly

Had a near death experience on friday night that involved having my throat slit and also nearly lost my left eye. Doctors and surgeons were amazed I survived. Never take life for granted boys.

Had a near death experience on friday night that involved having my throat slit and also nearly lost my left eye. Doctors and surgeons were amazed I survived. Never take life for granted boys.

Hope you’re doing okay mate! If you need to talk, inbox is always open. Rest up.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Celebrating a small win today. Haven't been on the footy field since my junior days ten years ago, and after getting through a pretty rough preseason today the season starts! Never umpired in my life before this year and all of a sudden I have a seniors game out in the bush, followed by a juniors game in the city tomorrow. Pumped but bloody nervous.

Celebrating a small win today. Haven't been on the footy field since my junior days ten years ago, and after getting through a pretty rough preseason today the season starts! Never umpired in my life before this year and all of a sudden I have a seniors game out in the bush, followed by a juniors game in the city tomorrow. Pumped but bloody nervous.
good stuff! what league you umping?

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
good stuff! what league you umping?

Ballarat FL/Central Highlands FL/Maryborough Castlemaine FL. The umpires association moves everyone around week to week.

Fair to say there was a bit of feeling in today's match, and a bit of verbal abuse thrown about, everyone is just keen to get into it after last year's season was scrapped. Have to say though, best seat in the house and a great way to get fit. Ran 15k today and hardly realised it.

Scenes at Daylesford v Hepburn apparently, Daylesford captain suffered a horrendous broken leg and it took 90 minutes for the ambo to arrive and then a fair while to cart him off. Game called off and the points shared. Not the start to the season you want there.

Back