Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Thought it actually sounded pretty good. It's worth noting that live recordings rarely do live performances justice. An important element goes missing.

You need a rare energy live to make up for a lesser sound. For as talented as Matt Bellamey is, he just isn't that type of performer. Brilliant song writer, Muse never fail or disappoint me on any album (which is rare in todays age when musicians and record labels are demanding albums yearly it seems) .

Warped Tour was awesome for seeing bands that could perform live. The Mighty Mighty Bostones i remember killing it at Warped one year, not someone you would expect but * me they put on a great show, i especially loved the guy who's sole job in the band was to dance in a tuxedo, he brought the energy and the crowd fed off it.

One of the weirdest but coolest film clips I've seen in my life..

And a question to the people... who sang the part of the female in the above song? (a world famous musician nowadays and yes, a male)

And a question to the people... who sang the part of the female in the above song? (a world famous musician nowadays and yes, a male)

Hard thread to follow - but I think one category was sentimental ' love songs (actually really tough, trying not to double mention songs)

1. Hospital - modern lovers

2. Fade into you - Mazzy Star

3. Islands in the stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

4. Wuthering heights - Kate Bush

5. Only in Dreams - Weezer / M&Ms - Blink 182 - Tie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spkVX8z-vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZs88WWGDoo

* im old
All the best modern s**t is either Bruno Mars or Drake

I'm gonna think about the other stuff

EDIT: * I forgot the true number 1 - No Aphrodisiac by the Whitlams - that has to be number 1

And of course to complete your Friday morning of enjoyment of the classics, here is the greatest Rock Fusion band of all time, the English/Australian group Sky.

OMG - the number of long car trips my parents took us on where Sky (Volumes 1 to 4) was the soundtrack! I've never thought to look it up on video before - but I did by a copy of Sky (the first album) on vinyl some years back. Memories.

Had to look this up - Jack White of The White Stripes performed the secondary lead vocals on the track! Classic.

Live music is the best. Got tickets to Mildlife, Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes, Nils Frahm, David Byrne (whoo hooo!), Strawberry Fields festival, Ryuichi Sakomto and a bunch of other things coming over the next couple of months.

Nils Frahm
Nils will be a great show. I sent my sister to see him in New York recently and she loved it. I've seen him three times previously too.

The live gigs that I have tickets for are: Xylouris White, Nils Frahm, Kaamal Williams, Childish Gambino, Olafur Arnalds, The Herd.

Nils will be a great show. I sent my sister to see him in New York recently and she loved it. I've seen him three times previously too.

The live gigs that I have tickets for are: Xylouris White, Nils Frahm, Kaamal Williams, Childish Gambino, Olafur Arnalds, The Herd.
Great list!

The Recital Centre is a beautiful sounding room, Nils will be pretty special I think. I saw him on the Spaces tour too which was awesome.

Kaamal Williams I get to see at Strawberry Fields, difficult festival but amazing line up.

Hey there - I’ll tell you a good thing to do to cheer yourself up. Totally self-centred fun.

I had a full checkup at the Doctor today. Ace fun. Actually it was pretty much a follow up because I saw the doc for insomnia earlier in the week and had a bunch of blood work done to rule out anything weird. So I found out all sorts of cool stuff. My cholesterol and so forth is good and my blood sugar is ace and all. And I’m quite deficient in vitamin D which I’m pleased about because what’s the point of Doctors unless they can find something wrong? So I get to take supplements. Also I have raised something which shows that my body is responding to an allergy, which is also great because I didn’t know I had any allergies. Only I don’t know what the allergy is, so I hope it’s not the cats. My liver seems to be functioning really well. Christ only knows how.

And Mrs Doctor Lady took my height and weight - which is apparently within the range which is nice because in my mind I’m a fatso so it’s good to address this paranoia. And I don’t have any spots that need to be looked at for melanoma.

I felt so good after I’m considering becoming a hypochondriac. I can see the appeal. I took my sense of well-being off to eat a nice fibrous lunch with vegetables and quinoa etc and drank lots of fluids to keep with the vibe. I’m drinking a beer now but it feels earned.

Hey there - I’ll tell you a good thing to do to cheer yourself up. Totally self-centred fun.

I had a full checkup at the Doctor today. Ace fun. Actually it was pretty much a follow up because I saw the doc for insomnia earlier in the week and had a bunch of blood work done to rule out anything weird. So I found out all sorts of cool stuff. My cholesterol and so forth is good and my blood sugar is ace and all. And I’m quite deficient in vitamin D which I’m pleased about because what’s the point of Doctors unless they can find something wrong? So I get to take supplements. Also I have raised something which shows that my body is responding to an allergy, which is also great because I didn’t know I had any allergies. Only I don’t know what the allergy is, so I hope it’s not the cats. My liver seems to be functioning really well. Christ only knows how.

And Mrs Doctor Lady took my height and weight - which is apparently within the range which is nice because in my mind I’m a fatso so it’s good to address this paranoia. And I don’t have any spots that need to be looked at for melanoma.

I felt so good after I’m considering becoming a hypochondriac. I can see the appeal. I took my sense of well-being off to eat a nice fibrous lunch with vegetables and quinoa etc and drank lots of fluids to keep with the vibe. I’m drinking a beer now but it feels earned.
Jesus Christ PG, after that why aren't you having a burger and chips, sounds like it wont hurt at all. Go for it. :think:;)

You need a rare energy live to make up for a lesser sound. For as talented as Matt Bellamey is, he just isn't that type of performer. Brilliant song writer, Muse never fail or disappoint me on any album (which is rare in todays age when musicians and record labels are demanding albums yearly it seems) .

Warped Tour was awesome for seeing bands that could perform live. The Mighty Mighty Bostones i remember killing it at Warped one year, not someone you would expect but **** me they put on a great show, i especially loved the guy who's sole job in the band was to dance in a tuxedo, he brought the energy and the crowd fed off it.

Oh yeah, the sound quality needs to be good but where they get infinite takes to nail everything in the studio that is basically impossible on stage. Where some of those mistakes stand out like dogs balls on a live recording, they're not usually noticed in person - at least in a negative way. Unless it's just a really bad performance which can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the Sydney and Collingwood game...what the * is going on with these Coles mini collectables? As if the bag flip-flopping wasn't bad enough they decide to produce a whole range of pointless plastic toys which we all know will end up in the bin?

The timing of releasing them as well...someone needs to be fired from their media/marketing team.

Just watching the Sydney and Collingwood game...what the **** is going on with these Coles mini collectables? As if the bag flip-flopping wasn't bad enough they decide to produce a whole range of pointless plastic toys which we all know will end up in the bin?

The timing of releasing them as well...someone needs to be fired from their media/marketing team.

As someone who works at coles a ridiculous amount of people are taking them, marketing team needs a raise.

I think they’re stupid too, but kids are eating them up at an insane rate. Despite the stupid bag drama their sales will be going through the roof.

I really don't understand it. Lady at the checkout asked me if I was interested in the mini collectibles and I gave her a blank look. Then I hear on the radio that the "full set" of these knick knacks is getting sold off for $800 or $900 on eBay. Does a portal to another dimension open up if you put the full set of collectibles through the washer?

I really don't understand it. Lady at the checkout asked me if I was interested in the mini collectibles and I gave her a blank look. Then I hear on the radio that the "full set" of these knick knacks is getting sold off for $800 or $900 on eBay. Does a portal to another dimension open up if you put the full set of collectibles through the washer?

You’re underestimating the stupidity of people. Coles pays the bills whilst I’m at uni and all but I find it ridiculous people are getting sucked in by literal fake miniature products...

This generations great great grandchildren would kick us all in the nuts for throwing these out when some inter generational collect-o-nerd makes 5 million selling then on zbay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back