Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ABC stand-up comedy sessions are genuinely awful.

So this was supposed to be a question PerfectFooty not a statement. My dumbass keyboard on my phone keeps skipping and changing things.
Ah no worries mate, i'll share my tale of woe.

If i had to pick a game i've played in to resemble the dees, this would be it from a so far short list. First Quarter we got jumped, battled hard to level scores at some point in the third term. They lead by 15 at 3/q time and by 21 Early in the Final term. But we fought back hard, 61 to 60 late in the game.

Now i'm sure it's similar in some places but in ressies footy in our league, two umpires, umpire. One provided from each club. No time on, and we have last touch rules. The opposition supplied umpire payed 7 Free kicks to their team late in the game. However not the worst of it. One of the opposition players hit our bloke and mate umpire sends both players off for five minutes. Our bloke who got sent off, got hit and didn't even retaliate and was sent off.

Anyway late in the game we rush the ball forward. And right now i'm not entirely sure what happens still. The ball comes out of a forward pack and is snapped through for a point to level the game with 5 seconds left. The Goal umpire signals a point. Now i'm not sure if a free was payed, but the goal umpire with discussion of old mate umpire doesn't not signal the point with the flags. But opposition has a kick, so i can only assume a free was payed or something, but i honestly didn't see what the * happened.

We're pretty heartbroken as well as very frustrated with the umpiring

Ah no worries mate, i'll share my tale of woe.

If i had to pick a game i've played in to resemble the dees, this would be it from a so far short list. First Quarter we got jumped, battled hard to level scores at some point in the third term. They lead by 15 at 3/q time and by 21 Early in the Final term. But we fought back hard, 61 to 60 late in the game.

Now i'm sure it's similar in some places but in ressies footy in our league, two umpires, umpire. One provided from each club. No time on, and we have last touch rules. The opposition supplied umpire payed 7 Free kicks to their team late in the game. However not the worst of it. One of the opposition players hit our bloke and mate umpire sends both players off for five minutes. Our bloke who got sent off, got hit and didn't even retaliate and was sent off.

Anyway late in the game we rush the ball forward. And right now i'm not entirely sure what happens still. The ball comes out of a forward pack and is snapped through for a point to level the game with 5 seconds left. The Goal umpire signals a point. Now i'm not sure if a free was payed, but the goal umpire with discussion of old mate umpire doesn't not signal the point with the flags. But opposition has a kick, so i can only assume a free was payed or something, but i honestly didn't see what the **** happened.

We're pretty heartbroken as well as very frustrated with the umpiring

Aw hell, man. Losing by one point hurts so bad no matter the level of competition but to have what sounds like corrupt officiating, that would be especially hard to accept.

Late to the music Discussion but i've rearranged my top 25

1 Power and the Passion - Midnight Oil, 1982
2 When the River Runs Dry - Hunters & Collectors, 1989
3 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd, 1979
4 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana, 1991
5 Circles - Birds of Tokyo, 2010
6 Solid Rock - Goanna, 1982
7 Big Shot - Pearls, 2014
8 True Tears of Joy - Hunters & Collectors, 1992
9 Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits, 1978
10 Ambulance - Blur, 2003
11 Another Brick in the Wall Part 3 - Pink Floyd, 1979
12 The Ending is Just the Beginning Repeating - The Living End, 2011
13 Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother, 2006
14 Wicked Game - Chris Isaak, 1989
15 Come as you are - Nirvana, 1991
16 Poison - Dust For Life, 2000
17 Come Back Again - Daddy Cool, 1971
18 All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix, 1967
19 On My Mind - Powderfinger, 2003
20 Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins, 1989
21 We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel, 1997
22 Even Flow - Pearl Jam, 1991
23 The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkei, 1964
24 Rain - Dragon, 1984 (Dropped from 4th spot)
25 Creep - Radiohead, 1993

Dropped from the previous list
Lets Groove - Earth Wind and Fire
Forever Now - Cold Chisel
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Can't help myself - Flowers/Icehouse
Man of Colours - Icehouse

The list is based on Sentimental value, impact on me, and overall enjoyment. With excluded genres like Classical and Soundtracks. Forever now and Can't help myself where on the list for a very long time because of sentimental value, when i first had a drive to really explore music after hearing power and the passion. However those two songs got dropped because i rarely play them, and the sentimental period has well expired.

As a bonus i might put a soundtracks list together one day

Late to the music Discussion but i've rearranged my top 25

1 Power and the Passion - Midnight Oil, 1982
2 When the River Runs Dry - Hunters & Collectors, 1989
3 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd, 1979
4 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana, 1991
5 Circles - Birds of Tokyo, 2010
6 Solid Rock - Goanna, 1982
7 Big Shot - Pearls, 2014
8 True Tears of Joy - Hunters & Collectors, 1992
9 Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits, 1978
10 Ambulance - Blur, 2003
11 Another Brick in the Wall Part 3 - Pink Floyd, 1979
12 The Ending is Just the Beginning Repeating - The Living End, 2011
13 Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother, 2006
14 Wicked Game - Chris Isaak, 1989
15 Come as you are - Nirvana, 1991
16 Poison - Dust For Life, 2000
17 Come Back Again - Daddy Cool, 1971
18 All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix, 1967
19 On My Mind - Powderfinger, 2003
20 Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins, 1989
21 We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel, 1997
22 Even Flow - Pearl Jam, 1991
23 The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkei, 1964
24 Rain - Dragon, 1984 (Dropped from 4th spot)
25 Creep - Radiohead, 1993

Dropped from the previous list
Lets Groove - Earth Wind and Fire
Forever Now - Cold Chisel
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Can't help myself - Flowers/Icehouse
Man of Colours - Icehouse

The list is based on Sentimental value, impact on me, and overall enjoyment. With excluded genres like Classical and Soundtracks. Forever now and Can't help myself where on the list for a very long time because of sentimental value, when i first had a drive to really explore music after hearing power and the passion. However those two songs got dropped because i rarely play them, and the sentimental period has well expired.

As a bonus i might put a soundtracks list together one day

Nice list. I could never have a favourite top tracks list without it being whittled down to certain criteria because my favourite is whatever I feel like listening to at a moment and that changes day-to-day.

Anyone had issues with centrelink before?

I got austudy for 18 months 2016-mid 2017 then it ended as I had no allowable time left. I knew I'd get slugged with a fine eventually because I probably under reported my income for around $1500 over those 18 months. Get a letter last week saying you owe us $4036! Ring them up and they say because they averaged out my income in the financial year of 2015-2016 it seemed I under reported by an average of $300 a fortnight. Now the problem with that is I only got centrelink for a few months in 2016 and I worked a lot over the 2015/2016 summer, yet they've averaged my income out over that period and am assuming I had the same each week. I'll be able to probably get that debt halved at the least by handing all my payslips, but pretty frustrating they do it that way.

Anyone had issues with centrelink before?

I got austudy for 18 months 2016-mid 2017 then it ended as I had no allowable time left. I knew I'd get slugged with a fine eventually because I probably under reported my income for around $1500 over those 18 months. Get a letter last week saying you owe us $4036! Ring them up and they say because they averaged out my income in the financial year of 2015-2016 it seemed I under reported by an average of $300 a fortnight. Now the problem with that is I only got centrelink for a few months in 2016 and I worked a lot over the 2015/2016 summer, yet they've averaged my income out over that period and am assuming I had the same each week. I'll be able to probably get that debt halved at the least by handing all my payslips, but pretty frustrating they do it that way.
Yep, they love retrospective fines.

Tell them you are under financial hardship and you can only afford to pay it incrementally. You may be able to pay it over time rather than all at once.

Problem is that you are guilty until proven innocent with them so get all your ducks in a row and reduce it as much as you can. I've had to deal with them extensively in past jobs and they are very black and white, especially in cases of over payments.

Yep, they love retrospective fines.

Tell them you are under financial hardship and you can only afford to pay it incrementally. You may be able to pay it over time rather than all at once.

Problem is that you are guilty until proven innocent with them so get all your ducks in a row and reduce it as much as you can. I've had to deal with them extensively in past jobs and they are very black and white, especially in cases of over payments.

I can pay it all off now but I’m in the process of digging up 104 payslips to send to them. I know I’ll have some sort of a fine but the fact that I’m only on centrelink for 4/12 months and they average out the whole year is really frustrating.

I can pay it all off now but I’m in the process of digging up 104 payslips to send to them. I know I’ll have some sort of a fine but the fact that I’m only on centrelink for 4/12 months and they average out the whole year is really frustrating.

The goal is to throw as much red tape and bullshit at you that it would be easier to pay the fine than fight it. Assuming you filed your tax return through MyGov, they'd know exactly how much you earned during the year, so it probably is just a case of trying to * you off as much as possible.

The goal is to throw as much red tape and bullshit at you that it would be easier to pay the fine than fight it. Assuming you filed your tax return through MyGov, they'd know exactly how much you earned during the year, so it probably is just a case of trying to **** you off as much as possible.

Yeah I did file it through there, they’re just making me do the legwork as you say so people just say * it and pay the whole fine even when they might owe less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back