Bumped - Random Chat - Springtime for Hitler and Germany | Page 177 | BigFooty

Bumped Random Chat - Springtime for Hitler and Germany

Discussion in 'Melbourne Demons' started by Crimson Azure, May 26, 2011.

1. Proper Gander

Proper Gander Owl whisperer and secret agent

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Mt Buller Demons
    I’m moving jobs within my agency. Which is nice and a change and all.

But I’ve been stuck all week with my replacement trying to do ‘handover’ of my role to some random spare wank lawyer brought in to replace me who is harbouring a deep resentment of me, the job, the agency and the world at large. I’m actually beginning to panic because I’ve got one more day to show this person stuff they will HAVE to start doing, independently on Monday or shit hits fans and all, and I can’t seem to make any impression. I have literally no confidence that this moron will know what to do, even vaguely.

I seriously have spent three days having this type of convo:

PG: it’s important to monitor this inbox daily
    Replacement: I have to do that?
    PG: yes and when you are responding to enquiries you will...
    Replacement: how will I know there is something to respond to?
    PG: By monitoring the inbox. That’s why it’s important to keep track of it daily...
    Replacement: I have to read the emails? Who tells me what to write back?
    PG: I’ll show you how to search the system to locate the relevant information...
    Replacement: I have to find the information?
    PG: Yes but remember you may need to consult a subject expert. For example, if you need legal input you would request information from John...
    Replacement: But he’s in Sydney.
    PG: you can send a request by email.
    Replacement: But how will I know I need information?
    PG: when you can’t respond to the question.
    Replacement: what is the question?
    PG: the one that has been sent to this inbox. You need to monitor incoming requests daily.
    Replacement: I have to do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Crimson Azure

Crimson Azure Moderator

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Lamb on the spit
    The person seems genuinely shocked that they have to, you know, do some work.

Also seems like a congenital idiot.

Proper Gander likes this.
  3. Toump Ass

Toump Ass Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    I'm brown which means I'm likely to be deported if Guy wins the election... so yeah, ALP for me :$.

As a value-added bonus I think Andrew's track record as far as infrastructure goes is pretty good (at least as far as metropolitan projects are concerned, no idea how our country folk view him), and he's clearly the more compassionate candidate of the major parties.

4. TheCount

TheCount Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Blackhawks, Packers
    Ah Govt ... the memories ... the horrible, horrible memories.

When I was going on "long term leave" from my previous job (for 6 months, which was 12 months ago ...) I had to provide painstakingly detailed work process documentation on some of the tasks I performed, and systems that I was responsible for, the worst of which was some monthly reporting which was apparently incredibly important to another team. It required pulling info from 3 different sources, one was easy, another was easy but time consuming, and another was time consuming and really convoluted, but because I'm such a nice guy, I provided screen shots and detailed instructions for EVERY step, as well as ran my manager who would be taking over the responsibilities, through the process 3 seperate times, as well as held her hand in doing it herself another couple of times. The last time I went through it with her on my last day, as soon as she left, I turned to the person next to me and said "she didn't get a single bit of that!"

Fast forward a few months, I got a text from the person I used to sit next to, to thank me for the detailed instructions, as she was in the process of providing 6 months worth of reporting, as apparently the manager tried it once, but the figures didn't look right (meaning she did it wrong) so she just gave up on it all together. I wondered briefly why the team that always told me they were so important didn't kick up a fuss, until I remember that she managed them as well.

Proper Gander likes this.
  5. Cannon82

Cannon82 Brownlow Medallist

Melbourne
    Practical. Tick. Makes sense I guess, but a series of dot points with no downside or trade offs should look appealing. Funding and execution presumably TBC.

This stuff, less so. A lot of this is airy, fairy nonsense. Much prefer the government stick to the more tangible items and focus on infrastructure and economics. I vaguely recall reading a positive report on the Safe Schools schtick, but it was written by one of the people developing the program... unlikely they were going to deem it a failure for the scrap heap. Free kinder... guessing you mean free kindergarten or child care? Two schools of thought on that; not sure why people who don't have kids should be subsidizing people who do. People who want to utilize services can pay for them. As for a Royal Commission investigation into the mental health sector, I imagine that'll produce an expensive and long-winded report with a large number of recommendations that will achieve nothing, just like most other high profile inquiries.

6. Toump Ass

Toump Ass Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    PerfectFooty likes this.
  7. dee_mac

dee_mac Premium Gold

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Philadelphia Eagles
    He'll build a multi-million dollar historic train museum though. Will get all those trainspotters off the rails to safely look at trains under supervision inside four walls. #priorities

Toump Ass likes this.
  8. PerfectFooty

PerfectFooty Perfect Cell

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Williamstown Seagulls
    The state is going to go broke if the ALP get the ability to rubber stamp everything.

Guy should leave though, he was to stubborn and negative for the people to even consider him

9. LeverPuller

LeverPuller BigFooty Tanker

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
    Lost my job yesterday. Hooray.

10. Cannon82

Cannon82 Brownlow Medallist

Melbourne
    Funny thing to do on a Saturday. Get rid of the whole department, did they?

11. Proper Gander

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Mt Buller Demons
    Election Day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Crimson Azure

Crimson Azure Moderator

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Lamb on the spit
    We need to change our side banner on the right. TheCount

Goodnight sweet Hoges.

13. TheCount

TheCount Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Blackhawks, Packers
    Yep, it's been noted, and efforts to correct have begun, but I've been exceedingly short on time the last few weeks with work, and other, paid projects.

Crimson Azure and PerfectFooty like this.
  14. Proper Gander

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Mt Buller Demons
    Do a quick and dirty - stick a Groucho Marx glasses and cigar unit on him for now and we can regard it as temporary comic relief.

Seriously though, take your time. Whenever is plenty soon enough. After all this is the Melbourne board and if anyone on it hasn’t learned patience over the last decade then they must surely be an imposter.

I really love those graphics. We’re a lucky board.

ponsdale and TheCount like this.
  15. PerfectFooty

PerfectFooty Perfect Cell

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Williamstown Seagulls
    Finally got to see bohemian rhapsody, finally arrived in town theatre.

It's ******* great!

Ablett2Garland likes this.
  16. Ablett2Garland

Ablett2Garland Club Legend

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
    I saw 'Overlord' tonight. It was Saving Private Ryan meets The Walking Dead. Although I wouldn't call them zombies, more german experiments gone wrong that look like Bane from batman with super strength. Fun movie.