Bumped Random Chat - Springtime for Hitler

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm not unhappy at all. I chimed in on a discussion you blokes were already having. Khawaja doesn't rotate enough but I did say this might be a decent score. Certainly looks like it now
NZ are ******* pathetic. It's a shame that the All Blacks put it together in the last two World Cups bc laughing at NZ choking as soon as there's any heat used to be one of the great pleasures in life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
NZ are ******* pathetic. It's a shame that the All Blacks put it together in the last two World Cups bc laughing at NZ choking as soon as there's any heat used to be one of the great pleasures in life.
Idk I think they do pretty bloody well in cricket normally considering how small the country is.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Debuted in the test team as an opener and looked ****house against the windies I reckon
Hussey spent most of his time at WA opening up. I recall Bevan getting a gig somewhere at the top of the order for a bit and not cutting the mustard, but he was never overly excited about facing raw pace.

Still seeking clarification on why number 3's don't need to rotate the strike.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hussey spent most of his time at WA opening up. I recall Bevan getting a gig somewhere at the top of the order for a bit and not cutting the mustard, but he was never overly excited about facing raw pace.

Still seeking clarification on why number 3's don't need to rotate the strike.
Yeah he was an opener right up until we shoehorned him into the middle order. Turned out he was actually better there.

Bevan and Ramprakash stand out as 2 who had unreal first class records but nothing at test level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Thanks - that's really cool.
No worries - I’ve always been a bob Seager fan. When you hear that you realize how Much craft went into each song

I was lucky enough to hear it randomly in my car driving to the hardware store

I had no idea he was recording is muscle shoals so much

ponsdale

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
No worries - I’ve always been a bob Seager fan. When you hear that you realize how Much craft went into each song

I was lucky enough to hear it randomly in my car driving to the hardware store

I had no idea he was recording is muscle shoals so much
I've not really delved into the Seager catalogue so this was one of those "oh this is actually a decent song" moments for me. Especially understanding the double tracking of the drums and the keys, and then the importance of breath in the vocals.

The use of the Silver Bullets as the backing band for the rock tracks and the Muscle Shoals band for the bluesier tracks was also fascinating.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Great listen. You don't wanna believe it but some of the s**t he has been proved right on is very strange
Yeah like telling us about an element that had not even been discovered and hand bone structure scanner (which was technology that was sci-fi at the time)

His story is defiantly one that has to be taken very seriously (can't believe I am saying that about aliens/ufos)

Top Bottom