Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Separate incidents divided by decades, but some strong historical linkages between the two events.

They chopped hands off for stealing and instituted severe (Nazi-esque) collective punishment quite often in Leopold's time. History has not treated King Leopold well.

Of course there’s a link. Do you think what’s happened to places like Aleppo in the last couple of years will be felt in 50 to 100 years? Most definitely it will.

Yeah, I lived in Brussels for a year and there's stuff named after him EVERYWHERE, metro lines and stations, squares, palaces etc.

Lots of Congolese there too, one thing I found interesting is that the Congolese folks are by and large the friendliest and most polite folks you'll meet, you can go to Matonge, the African area, in the middle of the night and walk around like its broad daylight.

The North African areas like Molenbeek and Schaerbeek? They aren't the "no go zones" beloved by flogs that Groin guru watches on YouTube, but they are pretty rough and ready, there's certainly a vibe there. You'd keep your wits about you and there's high crime relatively speaking.

And the Congolese didn't go and shoot up Paris or bomb my old metro station or the airport either.

Despite having more historical motive to attack Belgium than Moroccans.

Spose it’s a bit like us having stuff dedicated to John Batman till this day, despite all the bad bad stuff he did. Not as devastating as Leopold (though I’m sure the indigenous people of Australia and especially Tassie could make a strong argument that he was just as devastating to their community).

Apologies if this is a bit self indulgent. Most people probably won’t have a clue what I’m on about.

It just occurred to me to clear something up if anyone’s been paying attention to the stuff about my grandfather.

It’s a different grandfather to the abusive one I mentioned ages ago. That’s my mums dad. He was a campaigner.

I was raised by my mum because my dad split. Ive never known much about that side of the family. It’s my dads dad that was the army guy.

Not sure if anyone gives a s**t, but just in case

Yeah, I lived in Brussels for a year and there's stuff named after him EVERYWHERE, metro lines and stations, squares, palaces etc.

Lots of Congolese there too, one thing I found interesting is that the Congolese folks are by and large the friendliest and most polite folks you'll meet, you can go to Matonge, the African area, in the middle of the night and walk around like its broad daylight.

The North African areas like Molenbeek and Schaerbeek? They aren't the "no go zones" beloved by flogs that Groin guru watches on YouTube, but they are pretty rough and ready, there's certainly a vibe there. You'd keep your wits about you and there's high crime relatively speaking.

And the Congolese didn't go and shoot up Paris or bomb my old metro station or the airport either.

Despite having more historical motive to attack Belgium than Moroccans.
Congratulations. You've got the record for most mentions in a calendar year. 2 year olds crave less attention than you :$

GreatBradScott - Conroy as king s**t of soccer in Australia?

I say EXCELLENT, this will relegate it back to being a few weirdos running around a deserted park on a Sunday afternoon before re-running some battle from the 1450s in the carpark where it belongs.

GreatBradScott - Conroy as king s**t of soccer in Australia?

I say EXCELLENT, this will relegate it back to being a few weirdos running around a deserted park on a Sunday afternoon before re-running some battle from the 1450s in the carpark where it belongs.

David Gallop has already beaten him to the punch, sadly.

David Gallop has already beaten him to the punch, sadly.

The sooner they stop the pretendwendy "yay everybody soccer in Australia is for everybody being happy and having a FUN experience in a SAFE SPACE the better".

Yes it works in the MLS but we're not Americans and they at least get Rooney and Zlatan etc to watch.

Soccer here should be:

Melbourne Makedonia Alexander Killed Your Grandad vs Melbourne Hellas Macedonia is Part of Greece If You Say Different One Phone Call Mate Fifty campaigners With Baseball Bats

Republika Srbska Perth .50 cal 1354
vs Croatian Blood Eagles of Vengeance

Sydney Brigado Rossi
vs Western Sydney Il Duce Formation

War Criminals Adelaide
v Newcastle Nails Bombs at the Consulate Of The Illegal Occupiers Entity

The Cup

Everybody Else v The Muzzies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that it's a different culture, and a different context, and all that, but a possible sentence of 4-12 even just for using drugs is ******* mad. Why would you even risk it?

Have to appreciate the hypocrisy though given Bali does everything it can to capitalise on people heading there from Australia to absolutely get absolutely blind for a week or two.

Your account is still there mate. Was this because you tagged him in that caption thing?

I only got a ban for a day. At the time I thought he got my account suspended. Even made another account more inline with my Bigfooty name. He reported me because I went a bit nuts at him over something. Heaps of profanity. Pretty silly stuff really. I spose I can be a bit ‘triggered’ as the twittersphere would say.

Side note, interesting that you know who I am on Twitter. Any clues as to your handle?
I follow a heap of people on here and some follow me but apart from a couple I have no idea who’s who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back