Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the stuff going on in the Middle East is front and centre, but Ghislaine Maxwell still hasn’t been found. What are the chances she’ll never be seen again?

Russia's military intervention into the Syrian civil war was the overwhelming force behind defeating ISIS.

48,000 Russian troops stationed in Syria and over 71,000 air strikes.

Prior to Russia's intervention in 2015, land controlled by the Kurds was minute and insignificant with the majority of north-eastern Syria (which the Kurds completely now control), firmly in the hands of ISIS.

The Turkish operation will largely be aimed at weakening but not destroying the Kurds.

The Syrian and Russian operation on the other hand will be brutal. Now that they have mopped up ISIS, they will look to regain Syrian territory that the Kurds have controlled.

Welcome to the middle east. The land of 100 proxy wars...

It’s f’ed how the talk is about the actual protestors not what they’re fighting for.

It's a familiar theme.

The Labor Party, feminism, environmentalism, etc.

They aren't going anywhere until they clean house and rid themselves of the freak show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the stuff going on in the Middle East is front and centre, but Ghislaine Maxwell still hasn’t been found. What are the chances she’ll never be seen again?

You know much about her old man?

If its possible to have shiftier character than her boyfriend, her old man was it.

Russia's military intervention into the Syrian civil war was the overwhelming force behind defeating ISIS.

48,000 Russian troops stationed in Syria and over 71,000 air strikes.

Prior to Russia's intervention in 2015, land controlled by the Kurds was minute and insignificant with the majority of north-eastern Syria (which the Kurds completely now control), firmly in the hands of ISIS.

The Turkish operation will largely be aimed at weakening but not destroying the Kurds.

The Syrian and Russian operation on the other hand will be brutal. Now that they have mopped up ISIS, they will look to regain Syrian territory that the Kurds have controlled.

Welcome to the middle east. The land of 100 proxy wars...

Hmmmm, the Russians didn't do much fighting against ISIS.

One of my best mates won a BAFTA for a movie that had only white people in it.

Though they were Irish, I wonder if that counts as ethnic diversity lol.

Last edited:
LOL, the Irish were the first fellows.

This kind of thing shits me to tears. I'm all for having more stories in the popular culture that reflect real life.

But all this means is that the poshos who write most British TV and film will just wedge in token characters to get an award.

Its about breaking down the structures that mean actual working class people can't access the means of cultural production.

Its about breaking down the structures that mean actual working class people can't access the means of cultural production.

You only have to look at the detritus populating the contemporary left to see that it's still going on.

I could be wrong here, but didn’t her husband make the billions she’s giving away?..

Yes, but he put money towards curing Malaria in the third world which is an heroic gesture in a world where big pharma must dedicate itself to profits.

He needs to have some stern words with his missus.

You only have to look at the detritus populating the contemporary left to see that it's still going on.

I dunno, I reckon the issue is you don't get actual working class people, you get the very well off upper middle class who see themselves as "left" or "progressive" self-selecting and thus controlling what gets made.

I think we agree that it is they who are the detritus of the contemporary cultural left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back