Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think unless the fossil fuel problem is sorted the rest is a waste of time.

I’m nowhere near educated with this stuff to really contribute to much tbh. I’m a carpenter by trade, I rely on forests being destroyed to do my job....though a lot of timber is being replaced with metal stud, but for all I know that’s worse 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Schools are really driving the problem home with the kids, well most schools anyway. We’re not supposed to send the kids to school with any soft plastics like glad wrap etc.

Yes, see? Plastic wrap is a petroleum product. Good on the school.

I hear what you're saying re the magnitude of the fossil fuel problem. And you might be right that it makes everything else a waste of time. But I'm not a hundred percent ready to believe that it does, and that there's no point in trying. I believe we can overcome it if there are enough people willing to do their part. What your kids' school has done is an example.

Yes, the fossil fuel problem is massive, but the industry only exists because there's a market for fossil fuels. Refuse to be part of that market, every one of us, and the industry collapses. It's the only way that a paradigm shift can take place. Everyone doing their part. They may hold all the money and power, sure, but there's more of us than them. About 7 billion more.

Is the mexican thing because he included the word "some"? We can assume there are rapists in almost any ethnic category. Why even say it?
No. He was refering to the Mexican government sending their worst people so they don't have to deal with them. Using the example of the mexican male that killed a woman in san fran. He'd been deported from the states 5 times and had a long wrap sheet. He was stating a larger proportion of people were being pushed out by the mexican government, not just the "some" you find in typical popilation distributions.

Misdirection in the sense that the question was not pointed at the statue or those protesting peacefully.

Edit:

Rustling up some quotes for you...

"what about the alt-left that came charging (with clubs in their hands) ... do they have any semblance of guilt"

They do but it's just misdirection because he'd prefer to put out a controversial statement and have us debate that than focus on the driver of the vehicle killing people. It's whataboutism so we can have this discussion instead.
That's your take on it. The difference is you're trying to pass off opinion as fact. The facts are the "good people on both sides" was taken out of context and twisted against him. When that is not what was said at all. That is the facts. Adding in anything else is opinion based and is factoring in other variables.

That's your take on it. The difference is you're trying to pass off opinion as fact. The facts are the "good people on both sides" was taken out of context and twisted against him. When that is not what was said at all. That is the facts. Adding in anything else is opinion based and is factoring in other variables.

5D07BC5F-4E6D-4104-8389-838AB4ED94EC.png

Correct. But let's not overstate their effectiveness as a fighting force....bomb a town to bits for 3 months from the sky, lay a seige and then mop up any hungry, ammunitionless ISIS fighter up was effectively the strategy.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
General Paulis at Stalingrad wishes that your reflections were true.

Ho Chi Min is glad that your reflections are not true.

that has nothing to do with what I posted so don't try and hijack it or move the goal posts.

It’s a genuine question.

Edit, I missed your response.

I'm the best person for the job supporter. At the moment it's him and it isn't even close. There isn't a single democrat that can beat him. Reading MSM and one-sided arguments in here doesn't = him being in trouble for 2020. It's going to take something big like the economy tanking to stop him from being re-elected.

Fair enough. Personally I think he’s only in it for his ego...but they probably all are. At least if it’s him there’ll be more comedy

Last edited:
the act of martyrdom has been around since the 6 century but I believe it’s been widely accepted this are the two acts that reimagined the meaning of..

I thought the Tamil Tigers were using suicide bombing since before then but maybe not. That kid in the iran-iraq war ... that happens alot in war. Throughout Asia there were anti Japanese suicide bombing groups using grenade belts during ww2, especially in China.

Last edited:
View attachment 763410
lol. Correlation does not imply causation.

Probably 100 different variables that could have caused that drop.

I'm not suggesting Trump is right or wrong. I haven't seen the statistics but I do know he was referring to the MS-13 gang around that time. The point is - the story that did the rounds was that he said all Mexicans are criminals and was also referring to all immigrants. Both are false. He was talking about illegal immigrants (keyword there is illegal) and he said some, not all. Big difference. Like the "good people on both sides" - wrong and lazy people like yourself fail to make up your own opinions and just regurgitate what the media told you.

Fair enough. Personally I think he’s only in it for his ego...but they probably all are. At least if it’s him there’ll be more comedy
I think you need a pretty big ego to be a politician. But I definitely agree his is the biggest. I think confidence is part of being a good leader. IMO you want strength, not a limp lettuce leave but of course that isn't for everyone.

Indeed. Even if he did lose there would be comedy because he'll have more popularity than the actual president and the tweets will only be more vicious. They will have a terrible time of it - but in saying that he's been hit from pillar to post during his reign too.

lol. Correlation does not imply causation.

Probably 100 different variables that could have caused that drop.

I'm not suggesting Trump is right or wrong. I haven't seen the statistics but I do know he was referring to the MS-13 gang around that time. The point is - the story that did the rounds was that he said all Mexicans are criminals and was also referring to all immigrants. Both are false. He was talking about illegal immigrants (keyword there is illegal) and he said some, not all. Big difference. Like the "good people on both sides" - wrong and lazy people like yourself fail to make up your own opinions and just regurgitate what the media told you.

MS-13 is American.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Tamil Tigers were using suicide bombing since before then but maybe not. That kid in the iran-iraq war ... that happens alot in war. Throughout Asia there were anti Japanese suicide bombing groups using grenade belts during ww2, especially in China.
Good convo about the Tamils and Hezbollah, there’s an interesting tidbit about Tamils training with Hezbollah around the time of 1983.

absolutely the strategy of sacrificing ones life in battle for the greater good, has been around for eons but it was
Khomeini’s shift of Martyr which created chaos.

Good convo about the Tamils and Hezbollah, there’s an interesting tidbit about Tamils training with Hezbollah around the time of 1983.

absolutely the strategy of sacrificing ones life in battle for the greater good, has been around for eons but it was
Khomeini’s shift of Martyr which created chaos.

I was thinking about this and in some ways the first recorded suicide bomber was Sampson, (cept he didn't have explosives.) Its an old concept.

It wouldn't be unusual for a politician to claim all sorts of s**t about a dead soldier for political purposes either.

MS - 13 is an interesting one. Wasn't really a gang as such, an LA street gang of sorts but more like a Salvadoran protection organisation (not racket as such either) until a former School of the Americas graduate took control and reformed the gang, then 2 years later most of its members ended up being deported to El Salvador just as the civil war ended. El salvador never had a gang presence previously. Bush funded right wing dead squads sure but no gang problems. Now its a source of political instability.

Almost exactly the same process happened about a decade and a half later in Mexico with a group called Los Zetas and with similar results in terms of the countries destabilisation.

are you saying here "good people on both sides" =/= "fine people on both sides.
or are you saying he said it but the full context was not relayed in reporting?

because reading back some NYT reporting it's covered. He condemned - sure. But then he spoke about a moral equivalency between both sides and the statue.
Those additional comments undermine the condemnation.

Which part isn't a fact?

No. He was refering to the Mexican government sending their worst people so they don't have to deal with them. Using the example of the mexican male that killed a woman in san fran. He'd been deported from the states 5 times and had a long wrap sheet. He was stating a larger proportion of people were being pushed out by the mexican government, not just the "some" you find in typical popilation distributions.

where? when?

edit:

He goes on to clarify (the next day) it's not just mexico so he knows he dun goofed.

View attachment 763410

Reads like a cherry picked correlation to me.

MS-13 is American.
That's where it originated.

2009, an estimated 8-10k in the US, and 30-50k worldwide.

This is the part where you look up stats and say they aren't bad people and there is no link between them and what Trump said (I never said there was, just stated what he was discussing). All of which I couldn't give two *s about. But please continue to cherry-pick information and discuss things out of context do highlight your bias in every topic you discuss.

Maybe. Violence per capita in western society is down across the board.

I suspect any correlation relates to "good character" selection aspects applied for migration to western countries, and that's about it.

That whole ‘Mexico are sending all their criminals’ shtick is just to suck the red necks in. Gets them all worked up and feeds into their inbred beliefs that all their problems are other people’s fault.

America doesn’t need Mexicans for gangs. Take a look at what’s happening in Chicago and New Orleans. That’s just two examples.

America only has its self to blame for the Mexican immigrants. They started bringing them to America during one of the wars because they needed men to work. You can’t open that door and not expect things to change.

I'm the best person for the job supporter. At the moment it's him and it isn't even close. There isn't a single democrat that can beat him. Reading MSM and one-sided arguments in here doesn't = him being in trouble for 2020. It's going to take something big like the economy tanking to stop him from being re-elected.

So if that's the case what's your take on him abandoning the Kurds and risking the resurgence of ISIS being accelerated.

(That was always happening anyway, regardless of who is on office)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back