Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at some point in the future?

If this country actually underwent a political revolution and became a libertarian based republic?

Possibly.

However, it won't happen in my life time. Australian people are docile materialistic sheep.

And that would be one dam s**t flag.
Black, red, orange, navy blue and white

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Not with that attitude, we could just go expressionist on it.. at least the Olympic outfits would be better.
5142388554_ece45fdf21_z.jpg

Last edited:
To change the flag would be an absolute joke culturally.
If we did, it would have little to no meaning or significance.

And if we do,, then I'd have no opposition to replacing it with the indigenous flag.
If it meant we could move on from this guilt garbage.

And if we do,, then I'd have no opposition to replacing it with the indigenous flag.

No difference to me either.

I'd ignore the aboriginal flag in the same way I ignore the current flag.

Its no worse than the Australian flag.

Originally it was designed by an artist from central Australia to represent the land rights movement and as something to unite blackfellas in the 70s.

It was co opted by the Keating Government while they attempted to undermine the implications of the Mabo decision around the time of the Native Title Act of 1994.

The bloke who designed it wasn't too happy about this and said so at the time. He's since claimed copyright on his design.

It wasn't sposed to be a government flag or official Australian flag. It was sposed to represent a bunch of people who felt the Australian flag was a slap in the face to them and who'd been told all their lives that they were a dying irrelevant people who had to shift out of the way for a colony masquerading as a country.

On some ways it was a blackfellas version of WANM.

Just replace it with the boxing Kangaroo smoking a joint and carrying a 6 pack of s**t beer in its pouch and then we can all shut up about it.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back