Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Australia Party ad for this Saturday's election claims Labor and Bill Shorten want to tax us an extra $1 trillion.

Now if my maths is any good l've worked out that is an extra $93, 300 a year for our working population of 10,500,000.

How can such outrageous claims be made is beyond me.
I live in Queensland, and he really has some traction here. Half of the guys i work with say they will vote for him. He clearly has targeted the trump "drain the swap" angle and it seems to be working with the buffoons.

I live in Queensland, and he really has some traction here. Half of the guys i work with say they will vote for him. He clearly has targeted the trump "drain the swap" angle and it seems to be working with the buffoons.

You state that as if any of the other political interests are actually better.

Delicious. I hope you had olive oil to dip each piece into.

Yep. They gave us some pita and olive oil. Some other dips too, pretty sure one was a hummus but it was smokey with a bit of chilli.

Well I’m glad it tasted good!

Must admit it took a couple of “you go first” between me and mrs Keating before giving it a go. Tastes way better then it looks.

I live near a school and the lazy parents consistently take up the residents' parking opposite the school, despite the school carpark being 100 per cent free (but it's not next to the gate they want to drop their child off to). Call the council out to actually enforce it and all they do is run around giving fines to the displaced residents who have had to park at the end of their driveways and are slightly overhanging.

God I dislike this city.

I live near a school and the lazy parents consistently take up the residents' parking opposite the school, despite the school carpark being 100 per cent free (but it's not next to the gate they want to drop their child off to). Call the council out to actually enforce it and all they do is run around giving fines to the displaced residents who have had to park at the end of their driveways and are slightly overhanging.

God I dislike this city.

I'm a Melbourne boy born and bred, and I now feel the same. Can't see myself living here in the long term.

The government-sanctioned theft from car users is insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Melbourne boy born and bred, and I now feel the same. Can't see myself living here in the long term.

The government-sanctioned theft from car users is insulting.

I'm hoping to move up to Cairns eventually, of perhaps eastern Europe where my in-laws are, but getting a job up North is going to be difficult. Struggled to get one here despite quite a few qualifications.

If I can secure one up there and escape the rat race, I'll be much happier I reckon. There's a lot of little things melburnians tolerate which just don't exist elsewhere.

I'm hoping to move up to Cairns eventually, of perhaps eastern Europe where my in-laws are, but getting a job up North is going to be difficult. Struggled to get one here despite quite a few qualifications.

If I can secure one up there and escape the rat race, I'll be much happier I reckon. There's a lot of little things melburnians tolerate which just don't exist elsewhere.

Yes, it depends on employment prospects. My wife's family are also from eastern Europe and we lived there for a few years. But it's hard to make money close to what I get here, unfortunately. Still, we're giving thought to going back. Even Germany or Austria would work for us. My daughter and I often chat about north Queensland as an option, too, but same issue re employment.

In the 8 years I lived out of Melbourne, I realised that the only things I really missed were family, a few friends and football (not necessarily in that order).

Hate to burst your bubble, but i live in cairns, and the only job i could get after a recent job change was parking inspector. Now i run around giving tickets to cars that slightly overhang driveways...

You state that as if any of the other political interests are actually better.
I actually think this is one of the more important elections in my lifetime. The haves/have nots divide is almost at tipping point. I know they are are all incredibly similar, but I am happy to give a vote to whoevere wants to do something about the negative gearing rort. That little tax disaster has been snowballing since the early 90s

I actually think this is one of the more important elections in my lifetime. The haves/have nots divide is almost at tipping point. I know they are are all incredibly similar, but I am happy to give a vote to whoevere wants to do something about the negative gearing rort. That little tax disaster has been snowballing since the early 90s
Get rid of negative gearing fine it will work, if you invest in public housing.
If not, rent will go up and most investors will be in a positive cash flow position. With no need to write of their losses through negative gearing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hate to burst your bubble, but i live in cairns, and the only job i could get after a recent job change was parking inspector. Now i run around giving tickets to cars that slightly overhang driveways...

Yeah, I'm aware the employment situation is bad there. Though I'm also aiming to have remote income at some point in the next few years.

. My wife's family are also from eastern Europe and we lived there for a few years. But it's hard to make money close to what I get here, unfortunately. Still, we're giving thought to going back.

Exact same issue for us. Although I'd happily live on EE wages (full time working father and part-time working mother with a decent education can generally service a small house, and a car, virtually debt free over there outside of the major capital cities), but getting back here to visit my family would be the killer. As stated above re: Cairns, if I can continue building my remote working income then it might be a feasible reality.

When I have lived there before, I really grew to appreciate how safe, relaxed and community oriented it was, as well as general 'free' of the little nuisances (e.g. parking tickets for overhanging your driveway by a centimetre, just as an example).

I miss being able to walk for ten minutes and get to work, passing by festivals in the city square each and every other week. Loved it there.

Not that I dislike Australia, I love it here too. But those little bug bears about Melbourne (and traffic, my god the traffic) are taking their toll.

Respectfully mate, and I know you have been personally touched by this abominable event, but how can you leave out Facebook?

You can't outlaw internet message boards.

Never said Facebook wasn't also to blame. I have just come across it which I thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back