Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for those needy types that have quoted me non-stop over the last few days. I'm on holiday. I had to log in to laugh at Chadwicko's degree.

giphy.gif

Political science...lol

The made up degree for those not good enough to get into law. You even did the fluff diploma's (probably weekend courses paid by for your job) instead of a masters.

9c76c17da3d313bbefe43a0b2c6d2ecb.jpg

No wonder why Australian politics is in the toilet.

Sadly it's the political science, gender studies, and "I did psych at TAFE" that will lead our future and shape our policies moving forward. These progressive thinkers will drive out logic and common sense in favour of feelings.

Only until the entire dung heap collapses under it's own weight.

The other interesting thing in the Falou case is the motive of the Wallabies to sack him. They’re sponsored by Qantas who have some pretty heavy links to countries that outlaw (by punishment of death) homosexuality. Suggesting that Qantas would pull sponsorship on moral grounds just doesn’t cut it.

Say what you want about Falou, but I don’t think he’s stupid. If he is he has people that aren’t. They’ll pay him and then he’ll go play rugby somewhere else.

The bloke who runs Qantas is gay and quite open about it. FWIW. I dunno if that has any bearing on the case but having an employee publicly say something that might alienate a major sponsor is possibly gonna cause you some problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke who runs Qantas is gay and quite open about it. FWIW. I dunno if that has any bearing on the case but having an employee publicly say something that might alienate a major sponsor is possibly gonna cause you some problems.

Its definitely about sponsorship. I just think it’s pretty hypocritical of Qantas. Their partners with Emirates who’s owner is very tied into the UAE government, where homosexuality is punishable by death. I don’t like hypocrisy.

Its definitely about sponsorship. I just think it’s pretty hypocritical of Qantas. Their partners with Emirates who’s owner is very tied into the UAE government, where homosexuality is punishable by death. I don’t like hypocrisy.

Money trumps rejecting hypocrisy every day unfortunately.

Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t feel for Falou at all. This just feels like they’ll come down hard on him to look good publicly, but hey let’s turn a blind eye to who our major sponsor is in bed with.

Let me get this correct ... he posted a meme from someone else?

Well if he put money above his beliefs he wouldn’t have posted it, and he would’ve backed away from it. The easy option for him is to not share his beliefs.

He’s put his beliefs above money. Could we say the same about others? For example Ablett who liked it then removed it when advised? Or Qantas who no doubt played a role in this but are happy to compromise when it comes to Emirates?

I don’t agree with Izzy but at least he’s genuine. That I can respect.

Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t feel for Falou at all. This just feels like they’ll come down hard on him to look good publicly, but hey let’s turn a blind eye to who our major sponsor is in bed with.

That's how that world works. Scapegoat someone then business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back