Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The difference is if it's to do with islam the majority wouldn't say boo because they're too scared to be called islamaphobic. It's okay to attack christians but don't dare do it to islam - even in similar circumstances. Condemn all things equal.

Yeah when Islamics start making laws that actually effect me i'll start calling that out too. Till then ....

I'll support abortion when men get equal rights on the matter.

The feminazi's are strangely silent on this issue.

When men start needing abortions I'll do that too.

I'm not huge fan of the ALP, but it says a lot about this country that the LNP can retain government on a campaign that was effectively that of a negative, aggressive opposition, and offered almost nothing when it came to policy.

Queensland is pretty ****ed considering they're watching the Great Barrier Reef decay in front of their very eyes. Staggering results in that state. * boomers too (apologies to any here that voted anything other than LNP).

Green's called it for LNP. Just not sure that it will be a majority governmment.

Will be really fascinating to see where the ALP go from here. Most of the analysis, and I agree, acknowledged that their campaign was mostly sound, and Shorten performed well in the debates and his town halls. No idea how they respond to this.

Green's called it for LNP. Just not sure that it will be a majority governmment.

Will be really fascinating to see where the ALP go from here. Most of the analysis, and I agree, acknowledged that their campaign was mostly sound, and Shorten performed well in the debates and his town halls. No idea how they respond to this.

Need to go left wing populism. Corbyn style. Dump the social pretensions and just launch a platform which is unashamedly pro worker. Respectable liberal-lite hasn't worked since the 1980s-1990s. Must get back to its roots.

Need to go left wing populism. Corbyn style. Dump the social pretensions and just launch a platform which is unashamedly pro worker. Respectable liberal-lite hasn't worked since the 1980s-1990s. Must get back to its roots.
I don't know mate, I'm not convinced there's an appetite from the Labor base for a shift to the left. My feeling is that many Labor voters consider themselves the sensible center, and I'm not sure a move to the left would win enough votes from the Greens and the likes to make up for those they would lose.

A more charismatic leader is needed. I mean, the LNP had no policies, but ran a campaign based on negativity and the Presidential-like aspect of Morrison and his hat. When you look at the rise of Hanson and One Nation and the UAP, it seems that people are more inclined to vote for a leader than a team with policies. You could argue that the same applied for the Abbott election too. I think it's a sad reflection of the current electorate tbh, but that seems to be the way we're going imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know mate, I'm not convinced there's an appetite from the Labor base for a shift to the left. My feeling is that many Labor voters consider themselves the sensible center, and I'm not sure a move to the left would win enough votes from the Greens and the likes to make up for those they would lose.

A more charismatic leader is needed. I mean, the LNP had no policies, but ran a campaign based on negativity and the Presidential-like aspect of Morrison and his hat. When you look at the rise of Hanson and One Nation and the UAP, it seems that people are more inclined to vote for a leader than a team with policies. You could argue that the same applied for the Abbott election too. I think it's a sad reflection of the current electorate tbh, but that seems to be the way we're going imo.

I agree that a more charismatic leader is needed. But we'll see if there's more appetite for left wing economics after three more years of wage stagnation and the impending recession (which IMO will hit regardless of who's in power).

Yes. He has a meeting with democrats this week or next (one of them). They are trying to play ball. Why come out and say something straight away when it won't come into effect for probably a year?! He will meet with Pelosi and work on bipartisan bills relating to sentencing and prison laws (probably other issues too).

Those are the variables. There is no hurry especially when the media has worked everyone up (clearly you are).

There's a lot of misinformation out there. A lot of people complaining and using the rape example to improve their arguments and throwing Trump under the bus (again) just because he hasn't jumped in 2 days after and overruled the law put forth by Alabama - those same people don't realise that they wanted Clinton to win in 2016 - the person who defended the rapist of a 12 year old in litigation and in a case. Clinton even joked about how she knew the rapist was guilty (it's all on tape).

The incest/rape part will be changed I have no doubt.

Missouri state Governor is now set to sign a bill banning abortion next week, making it the fifth state this year to pass new anti- abortion laws. The Missouri bill also makes no exceptions for rape or incest. Punishable by 15 years in prison.

The pro-lifers have called Advantage! Advantage! with Kavanaugh in place, and Trump is the one who put him there.

All jokes aside though, these bills are an affront to Roe, and to the US constitution itself, and there is a very strong likelihood that Roe v Wade is in jeopardy in the very near future if any of these laws get taken up by Brett Kavanaugh in the next year.

I can’t make this any clearer for you Groin. I guess we’ll just have to disagree.

Which is what they are supposed to do anyway.

Ditch all the SJW crap.

I ran into a group of late teens after the game in Hobart

They were devastated re the Election

Never seen anything like it

Almost crying

My 60 year old mother cried when penalty rates were cut back and it broke the fine line that her minimum wage job was treading, too.

It was a huge election that virtually meant a vote for austerity coming into the next crisis. I haven't cried but I can't say I'm not deeply pissed off on behalf of my family members and friends who will bear the brunt of more economic liberalisation.

More and more people whose professions/jobs would have once been quite secure and comfortably paid are going to be (and statistics show are actually being) pushed into some form of nonstandard work (whether fixed term, labour hire, casual, etc.). I suspect that chicken will come home to roost over the next decade.

I did a bit of a deep dive into the policies, there were a couple of initiatives that were different but overall we are talking about a very small percentage of GDP that gets pledged during campaigns and essentially most stays the same. That is why when you target a specific group you can get big swings either way.

My 60 year old mother cried when penalty rates were cut back and it broke the fine line that her minimum wage job was treading, too.

It was a huge election that virtually meant a vote for austerity coming into the next crisis. I haven't cried but I can't say I'm not deeply pissed off on behalf of my family members and friends who will bear the brunt of more economic liberalisation.

More and more people whose professions/jobs would have once been quite secure and comfortably paid are going to be (and statistics show are actually being) pushed into some form of nonstandard work (whether fixed term, labour hire, casual, etc.). I suspect that chicken will come home to roost over the next decade.

The country is ****ed. In the last 22 years we have had 19 years run by the most self interested, anti Australian pack of scum*s in the country's history and the only period where it didn't happen was cos no party had a monopoly on making legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back