Status
Not open for further replies.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The attack on Christian sites continues in France. A cast iron (with metal reinforcements) statue of the Virgin Mary was decapitated.

That's over 1000 anti-Christian attacks in France alone since the beginning of 2018. 875 on churches in France.

For those asking about the donations - it's not owned by the pope so of course he doesn't want to help fund it. Those that do want to turn it into a new modern global church :drunk:

I'm an atheist but I find it deeply disturbing that people are targeting these places with very little news coverage. These are historical places that have meaning to people.

1555632954039.png

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The attack on Christian sites continues in France. A cast iron (with metal reinforcements) statue of the Virgin Mary was decapitated.

That's over 1000 anti-Christian attacks in France alone since the beginning of 2018. 875 on churches in France.

For those asking about the donations - it's not owned by the pope so of course he doesn't want to help fund it. Those that do want to turn it into a new modern global church :drunk:

I'm an atheist but I find it deeply disturbing that people are targeting these places with very little news coverage. These are historical places that have meaning to people.

View attachment 657634

Such a childish thing to do. Very primitive too, ancient barbaric societies would steal or desecrate the idols of the people they defeated.

That said, as an apathetic/agnostic I also find that sort of thing GG posted appalling.

I don't like it when anyone's religious icons get vandalised. I didn't like it when the Taliban bombed statues of Buddha so this is no different.

(But I'm not gonna assume this is all the work of radical muslims either. Its obviously the work of campaigners tho.)

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That said, as an apathetic/agnostic I also find that sort of thing GG posted appalling.

I don't like it when anyone's religious icons get vandalised. I didn't like it when the Taliban bombed statues of Buddha so this is no different.

(But I'm not gonna assume this is all the work of radical muslims either. Its obviously the work of campaigners tho.)
Agreed. You'd need proof if singling anyone out. I know why the incidents (or large number of incidences) aren't reported wide and far because that's what it inevitably does lead to.

Any place/object of worship - just leave it alone. For some that's all they have and it's what keeps them going.

Agreed. You'd need proof if singling anyone out. I know why the incidents (or large number of incidences) aren't reported wide and far because that's what it inevitably does lead to.

Any place/object of worship - just leave it alone. For some that's all they have and it's what keeps them going.

You were banging on about Alex Jones the other week. Surely until there is proof then something like that is exactly the sort of thing that would make the perfect false flag/anti- muslim psyop. Even better if it inspires copy cats among disaffected French Muslims whose families were originally from the countries France colonised.

You should watch the Archer episode where Mallory talks about Gladio.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You were banging on about Alex Jones the other week. Surely until there is proof then something like that is exactly the sort of thing that would make the perfect false flag/anti- muslim psyop. Even better if it inspires copy cats among disaffected French Muslims whose families were originally from the countries France colonised.

You should watch the Archer episode where Mallory talks about Gladio.
Alex Jones would never jump to such conclusions! How dare you!!!

He's done about 5 videos on the topic :drunk::$:$:

Including investigative journalists from France, Italy, and Lou Dobbs during a Fox News program.

Summit.news has too.

Alex Jones would never jump to such conclusions! How dare you!!!

He's done about 5 videos on the topic :drunk::$:$:

Including investigative journalists from France, Italy, and Lou Dobbs during a Fox News program.

Summit.news has too.

I'm not suggesting that was a false flag. But 85 of the first 100 petty vandalisms might have been.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not suggesting that was a false flag. But 85 of the first 100 petty vandalisms might have been.
you mean 850 of the 1000...:drunk:

It doesn't help when A Muslim politician from Quebec wrote on her facebook that the Notre Dame fire was a result of a divine intervention related to the prohibition of religious symbols in France.

France passed an act of parliament in 2010 which banned the wearing of face-covering headgear in public places, including the Muslim niqab and burka.

Torres said that the ban had provoked the “wrath” of Allah and “here is the result!” Referring to the Notre dame and 2018-19 anti-Christian incidences.

She further added, “I would sleep firefighters at the basilica of Notre-Dame Street in Montreal,” suggesting that could be the next church to go up in flames.

A nice way to add fuel to the fire between religions.

Also not always petty:

Church of St. Sulpice in Paris

Before:
1555643510732.png

After:
1555643437451.png

Priceless statues, bibles, crosses, windows smashed and/or torn apart.

1555643780799.png

Last edited:

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huh? Wins? But you have recently stated the view that you enjoy him as an entertainer. That his bullshit is made up as part of an act. How does an entertainer "win" if they are just putting up a view as part of an act?
Wrong again. I said he is a journalist that adds entertainment value to his reporting. I do for the most part enjoy the entertainment value. Far more entertaining than s**t on netflix, MAFS, and the million cooking shows that take over the TV.

An entertainer that still reports the news. If you report something and it's deemed "conspiracy theory" and completely absurd that would equate to people thinking you are wrong.

Has the "chemicals turning the frogs gay" not been used to discredit him for 5 years? The video clearly highlights this. It became an Alex Jones vs. the masses point.

So are those that made fun of him going to eat humble pie and admit they were wrong? Of course not, you just highlighted that fact. That's a win for Alex Jones and a loss for MSM and everyone that made jokes about it for 5 years.

you mean 850 of the 1000...:drunk:

It doesn't help when A Muslim politician from Quebec wrote on her facebook that the Notre Dame fire was a result of a divine intervention related to the prohibition of religious symbols in France.

France passed an act of parliament in 2010 which banned the wearing of face-covering headgear in public places, including the Muslim niqab and burka.

Torres said that the ban had provoked the “wrath” of Allah and “here is the result!” Referring to the Notre dame and 2018-19 anti-Christian incidences.

She further added, “I would sleep firefighters at the basilica of Notre-Dame Street in Montreal,” suggesting that could be the next church to go up in flames.

A nice way to add fuel to the fire between religions.

Also not always petty:

Church of St. Sulpice in Paris

Before:
View attachment 657745
After:
View attachment 657741

Priceless statues, bibles, crosses, windows smashed and/or torn apart.

View attachment 657751

France has banned all public wearing of religious icons or clothing - so much for freedom of speech or expression!!!

And campaigners will always be campaigners.

The Rev Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson set off a minor explosion of their own when they asserted on US television that an angry God had allowed the terrorists to succeed in their deadly mission because the United States had become a nation of abortion, homosexuality, secular schools and courts, and the American civil liberties union.

Note the date!

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's France, it's their country. They make the rules. Not every country is going to bow to another culture.

I'm not saying Christianity is good. All religions have their pros and cons (some more than others). All have had their bad moments. The difference is you've gone out of your way to defend another and you've said it in a way that makes it come across as it's okay. Tit for tat.

Since the beginning of 2018 there have been over 1000 anti-christian incidents in France. 100 anti-muslim incidents. Both religions have something to answer for. I'm condemning both. You're making excuses. :drunk:

It's France, it's their country. They make the rules. Not every country is going to bow to another culture.

Its not so much bowing to another culture as deliberately stopping its own citizens from expressing themselves.

I mean ... I sympathise and agree that when islamic terrorists attacked a magazine because of cartoons or whatever that was ****ed. Using violence to silence freedom of expression in such a manner is terrible, but so is using the violence of the state against anyone expressing a religious view thru their evil clothing. Or wanting to go to the footy wearing a Wayne Carey facemask for that matter.

My chainsaw helmet has a full face covering. I can't wear it in France cos those cheese eating surrender monkeys don't like that I've got this painted on the front of it:

386e60b9a96ead96a65ee0ed57546f47--creepy-horror-creepy-art.jpg

Anyway I've got ancestors who died protecting that country so if i've got an opinion on it I'll spout it.

I'm not saying Christianity is good. All religions have their pros and cons (some more than others). All have had their bad moments. The difference is you've gone out of your way to defend another and you've said it in a way that makes it come across as it's okay. Tit for tat.

Since the beginning of 2018 there have been over 1000 anti-christian incidents in France. 100 anti-muslim incidents. Both religions have something to answer for. I'm condemning both. You're making excuses. :drunk:

I'm idly speculating that something like 85 of the first 100 vandalisms could well have been done to stir up s**t. See this:

A ten year old article about the rise of stochastic terrorism.

Stochastic Terrorism.

Now there are over 1000 incidents. This stuff breeds more of the same.

And that's assuming your sourceless "data" is accurate.

I also pointed out that whoever the Muslim pollie from canada was, Torres?, she is no different to Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who called the 9/11 attacks a punishment from god for things they didn't like. In the week after the attacks!!!

See they're both the same. Well as bad as each other.

But you're in such a hurry to condemn whatever I say that you can't see we're pretty much saying the same thing.

GG - "You've gone out of my way to do be a hypocrite by [insert strawman]"

That's a stupid thing to say.

I could easily say:

You've gone out of your way to ferment division in Australia by claiming all Muslims are responsible for attacks on Christians by pointing to unsolved crimes in another country.

Last edited:

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its not so much bowing to another culture as deliberately stopping its own citizens from expressing themselves.

I mean ... I sympathise and agree that when islamic terrorists attacked a magazine because of cartoons or whatever that was ******. Using violence to silence freedom of expression in such a manner is terrible, but so is using the violence of the state against anyone expressing a religious view thru their evil clothing. Or wanting to go to the footy wearing a Wayne Carey facemask for that matter.

My chainsaw helmet has a full face covering. I can't wear it in France cos those cheese eating surrender monkeys don't like that I've got this painted on the front of it:

View attachment 658136

Anyway I've got ancestors who died protecting that country so if i've got an opinion on it I'll spout it.

I'm idly speculating that something like 85 of the first 100 vandalisms could well have been done to stir up s**t. See this:

A ten year old article about the rise of stochastic terrorism.

Stochastic Terrorism.

Now there are over 1000 incidents. This stuff breeds more of the same.

And that's assuming your sourceless "data" is accurate.

I also pointed out that whoever the Muslim pollie from canada was, Torres?, she is no different to Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who called the 9/11 attacks a punishment from god for things they didn't like. In the week after the attacks!!!

See they're both the same. Well as bad as each other.

But you're in such a hurry to condemn whatever I say that you can't see we're pretty much saying the same thing.

GG - "You've gone out of my way to do be a hypocrite by [insert strawman]"

That's a stupid thing to say.

I could easily say:

You've gone out of your way to ferment division in Australia by claiming all Muslims are responsible for attacks on Christians by pointing to unsolved crimes in another country.
We won't go down the path of which cultures are the most oppressive because you and i both know which one will be at the bottom.

It's been reported by dozens of news sites across the country. Originated from police reports.

The two gentleman are people from a church. Torres is a politician. The weighting behind the words are very different. Like Scott vs. Gil.

I've said nothing of the sort. You'rethe one that jumped to the defensive of Torres by highlighting what a couple of christian leaders said. You're defending someone. I'm defending no one. You're highlighting the stock standard rhetoric that appears in every western country now - it's okay to criticise any religion but as soon as any data or hint of a negative is posted about islam = straight on the defensive. Next step is calling me an islamaphobe.

In every comment of mine I've maintained that all hate is bad regardless of religion, race etc. Whereas you've said "yeah but look what this person said!!!" You can defend whomever you want and make allowances for people. I'll continue to denounce all acts of violence.

We won't go down the path of which cultures are the most oppressive because you and i both know which one will be at the bottom.

Yes we do.

The two gentleman are people from a church. Torres is a politician. The weighting behind the words are very different. Like Scott vs. Gil.

The two "gentlemen" controlled the votes of the most powerful voting group in the US at the time. T

I've said nothing of the sort. You'rethe one that jumped to the defensive of Torres by highlighting what a couple of christian leaders said. You're defending someone. I'm defending no one. You're highlighting the stock standard rhetoric that appears in every western country now - it's okay to criticise any religion but as soon as any data or hint of a negative is posted about islam = straight on the defensive. Next step is calling me an islamaphobe.

I'll be calling you an idiot. Or an comprehensionaphobe.

How is what I did defending her comments? BY pointing out they're no different to those other *******s? You seem to be under the impression that some politicians or sides are better or less evil than others when they aren't.

I dunno - maybe you're just having a go at anyone who doesn't join in your particular virtue signals.

Wrong again. I said he is a journalist that adds entertainment value to his reporting. I do for the most part enjoy the entertainment value. Far more entertaining than s**t on netflix, MAFS, and the million cooking shows that take over the TV.

An entertainer that still reports the news. If you report something and it's deemed "conspiracy theory" and completely absurd that would equate to people thinking you are wrong.

Has the "chemicals turning the frogs gay" not been used to discredit him for 5 years? The video clearly highlights this. It became an Alex Jones vs. the masses point.

So are those that made fun of him going to eat humble pie and admit they were wrong? Of course not, you just highlighted that fact. That's a win for Alex Jones and a loss for MSM and everyone that made jokes about it for 5 years.
He's full of s**t. This topic is boring. With all the ducking and weaving, your take on this topic is also boring.

Anyway, my football team broke my heart today and almost everything else we talk about here is trivial.

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's a defense of Ms Torres so you will understand the difference between what i said and what you claimed I said.

She reckons she was making a joke.

Quebec is possibly going to pass and anti religious symbol law similar to the French one. She made the comment as a joke taking the piss out of the law or at least drawing attention to it like Floggard did to Brownie during the week. (Its the sort of thing you do btw.) Or so she claims.

An ex-Quebecois politician has suggested that the fire at the world famous Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris Monday was the result of “divine intervention” related to the prohibition of religious symbols in France.

Eve Torres, the co-spokesperson of the Quebec Solidaire, a social-democratic and sovereigntist political party in Quebec, made the controversial comments on a political analysis show. Comments she now calls “jokes.”

According to La Presse, Torres, a Muslim woman, said that banning religious signs can stir up the wrath of “the imaginary friend,” then saying “here is the result!” Implying that the religious symbol ban provoked God to set the cathedral on fire.

She continued to say that if she was the Premier, she would “have firefighters sleep at the Basilica of Notre-Dame Street” in Montreal.

The comments made here are presumably related to Quebec’s own religious symbol ban, Bill 21. The implication is that if Quebec is also banning religious symbols, a controversial move by the CAQ government that has made headlines, that perhaps Montreal’s own Notre Dame basilica should be under close observations for fires. Just in case God were to decide to set it ablaze, or anything of that nature.

She's obviously taking the piss.

Its got nothing to do with stirring up religious hatred. But you went hook, line and sinker for some w***ers propaganda spin on it without even bothering to check what actually happened.

Virtue signalling, PC wannabe outrage mongers like you are just as bad as the people you complain about. Often worse.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here's a defense of Ms Torres so you will understand the difference between what i said and what you claimed I said.

She reckons she was making a joke.

Quebec is possibly going to pass and anti religious symbol law similar to the French one. She made the comment as a joke taking the piss out of the law or at least drawing attention to it like Floggard did to Brownie during the week. (Its the sort of thing you do btw.) Or so she claims.

She's obviously taking the piss.

Its got nothing to do with stirring up religious hatred. But you went hook, line and sinker for some w***ers propaganda spin on it without even bothering to check what actually happened.

Virtue signalling, PC wannabe outrage mongers like you are just as bad as the people you complain about. Often worse.
Incorrect. That's world news but as per usual assume it's only infowars news...
Or are churches and the police conspiring and altering figures?

Again, I'm listing figures. You're rushing to the defense. Say some terrible things..."I'm just joking" - nice joke. Muslim people often joke about allah and churches burning. More like she gets to pander to one culture and then gets off the hook by suggesting it was a joke.

Incorrect. The problem is people who rush to the defense to one side and try to sweep stuff under a rug. You'd be the first to condemn a priest touching a boy, and the last to mention the woman being burned alive in Bangladesh. Condemn both. Show some consistency for once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back