Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies. Next time I go on holiday I will be sure to login to big footy just so I can check to see if you have quoted me. I will do this so that you can continue to live your life. You've brought it up 3 times now :drunk:. Keep thinking I left big footy for 2 weeks because you got me...:$

It was already discussed ad nauseam. Not my fault you're the johnny-come-lately to the Jones discussion. But when he was being discussed on Rogan I mentioned that there is news that is factual but he adds a little bit of extra spice to it. All you did was come along and play the character that dismisses everything, but when forced to actually confront the issue, point out a grammatical error and claim victory. The overall theme was Jones makes up stuff yet the reports and news story clearly highlight he does not. Instead of tackling the issue of pollution in our waterways we instead call him a conspiracy theorist :drunk:.

I never said I was the smartest person in the room (in most rooms I probably am) but that's irrelevant. People have their specialities and areas they are great at. When it comes to news and various issues I happen to be more aware and understanding. I already discussed the 1-5 Groin scale:

In my experience there are 5 types in issues like this:

1. Find offence. Because they look to be offended 24/7
2. Unsure but side with 1 out of fear of coming across as number 5. Need to be seen as a goodie
3. Unsure/don't know enough to form an opinion
4. Agree with 5 but don't want to come across as a baddie. A lot of people in this group and it's why society is in a hole at the moment.
5. Willing to be heard because logic and justice should prevail. Willing to do so at the expense of vitriol from groups 1 and 2.

I am #5. I see you as a #2 bordering or #3 depending on the issue. Given that you have a knack for sourcing information and believe in the finding the minutiae of everything you should be a #4 or #5. But some people just want to fit in and travel the path of least resistance. That's okay. If you can live in that world I won't judge. Unfortunately there are enough 1s and 2s to the judgement for everyone. :drunk:

Jones makes heaps of s**t up. You're not a 5.

All logic is self referential anyway. Where does that leave your list?

Nope.

Your emotions will betray your judgement much more often than reasoned logic. ESPECIALLY, the group identity political "feelz", which are consensus emotions that are highly prevalent in the Unicornian element. They aren't true to your own reasoned logic. This type of psychological pathology leads to significant levels of cognitive dissonance via group pressure and ultimately leads to mental illness.

If you keep conducting yourself like a sheep for long enough, you will end up with the brain of one.

Nope.

Your emotions will betray your judgement much more often than reasoned logic. ESPECIALLY, the group identity political "feelz", which are consensus emotions that are highly prevalent in the Unicornian element. They aren't true to your own reasoned logic. This type of psychological pathology leads to significant levels of cognitive dissonance via group pressure and ultimately leads to mental illness.

If you keep conducting yourself like a sheep for long enough, you will end up with the brain of one.

As someone who is sposed to be a member of the politically cultivated emotional response collective... lol.

Logic isn't exactly all its cracked up to be. As Godel showed its fundamentally dependent on your starting position.

For example you think gender quotas are driven by emotion but its been shown in experiments that there is a bias held by male and female recruiters against employing females in STEM related positions that actually works against those recruiters hiring the most qualified candicate if they are female.

You logic - that quotas are wrong - is dependent on a preposition that may not be defendable in the real world using evidence.

Naturally your emotional response makes it hard for you to recognise this but thats understandable - why would you be any different to any of the rest of us?

Last edited:
Whilst I don’t agree with Israel Falou’s religious beliefs, I don’t have a problem with him expressing them either. According to his religion I’m going to hell, I’m an atheist that gets drunk sometimes. I don’t give a * because he’s the dickhead that’s dedicated his whole life to a fantasy.

Why is he being punished so harshly?

Whilst I don’t agree with Israel Falou’s religious beliefs, I don’t have a problem with him expressing them either. According to his religion I’m going to hell, I’m an atheist that gets drunk sometimes. I don’t give a **** because he’s the dickhead that’s dedicated his whole life to a fantasy.

Sponsorship?

"Trolling/conspiracies" - always the same thing when someone says something that goes against the grain or it upsets someone.

What does make for good posting are when individuals complain and then develop this petty grudge of quoting people that talk about me. Like the sort of bitchiness you see in high school. Very catty. I thought we were all adults here - at least we should act like it. It's the same thing over and over. Before you it was Jean -> spiderburton22 -> chadwiko -> sopwiths/TOD -> val -> ferball. If this continues I might start my own youtube channel. Imagine the views I'd get.

giphy.gif

I feel like I'm in detention class every time Groin calls us out by name. It's like we put hetero frogs in his desk or something.

By the way GG, my name is plural, not possessive. For next time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I don’t agree with Israel Falou’s religious beliefs, I don’t have a problem with him expressing them either. According to his religion I’m going to hell, I’m an atheist that gets drunk sometimes. I don’t give a **** because he’s the dickhead that’s dedicated his whole life to a fantasy.

Bloke gets paid a *load by his employer. As part of his employment contract he agrees to abide by his employers standards of behaviour, including their social media usage instruction. The first time he breached this agreement he was warned. This was his second breach.

He is free the say what he wants where he wants. He is free to sign any workplace agreement he wants to. He is free to get his arse sacked for ignoring those agreements.

Bloke gets paid a ****load by his employer. As part of his employment contract he agrees to abide by his employers standards of behaviour, including their social media usage instruction. The first time he breached this agreement he was warned. This was his second breach.

He is free the say what he wants where he wants. He is free to sign any workplace agreement he wants to. He is free to get his arse sacked for ignoring those agreements.

I don’t think it’s that simple. I reckon people in law and politics will be keeping a keen eye on this.

I don’t think it’s that simple. I reckon people in law and politics will be keeping a keen eye on this.
It really is that simple. His employment is based upon the terms of his employment contract. He has breached this contract, this after being given fair warning what undertaking such an action would result it.

And this isn't a freedom of speech or freedom of religion question. He is still free to say what he wants and believe in the teachings of God, Allah, Gandalf or Yoda, whatever mythical character he chooses.

It really is that simple. His employment is based upon the terms of his employment contract. He has breached this contract, this after being given fair warning what undertaking such an action would result it.

And this isn't a freedom of speech or freedom of religion question. He is still free to say what he wants and believe in the teachings of God, Allah, Gandalf or Yoda, whatever mythical character he chooses.

Fair enough. We’ll see how it plays out.

If that’s all it is they’ll have to pay out his contract

It'd be framed as "Bringing the game into disrepute" or something similar and probably has contractual obligations attached. What B Tron said above probably has alot to do with the specifics.

Its a bit rough given one of his teammates is constantly and vocally supporting the completely opposite view to Folau and only gets plaudits for it. Then again I wish campaigners would stop trying to tell us we're all going to hell when there's a fairly good argument to say we're already here.

God and Allah are sposed to be the same guy.

Freedom of speech means you are free from being persecuted by the government for what you say.

Not free from consequences from your employer.

Freedom of speech means you are free from being persecuted by the government for what you say.

Not free from consequences from your employer.

I’m not sure Australia actually has free speech.

Spose it comes down to how water tight his contract is. It’s too much money to just walk away from without a fight.

I reckon he gets paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back