Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was in Hiroshima on the 6th, parents sent him to Nagasaki 😯

I'd naturally assume that being in Hiroshima on the 6th would have dispersed him all over Nagasaki 3 days later.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Tsutomu Yamaguchi

In 1957, he was recognized as a hibakusha (explosion-affected person) of the Nagasaki bombing, but it was not until March 24, 2009, that the government of Japan officially recognized his presence in Hiroshima three days earlier. He died of stomach cancer on January 4, 2010, at the age of 93.

Typical. F###ing. Bureaucrats.

Still, 93, can't complain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving home, heard a story of cops being shot at, and running to hide in McDonalds, what the ****, won't chase stolen cars, won't break up gang assembly's of more than 4-5 people, don't even like to break up those out of control parties at BnB's etc, how times have changed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Driving home, heard a story of cops being shot at, and running to hide in McDonalds, what the ****, won't chase stolen cars, won't break up gang assembly's of more than 4-5 people, don't even like to break up those out of control parties at BnB's etc, how times have changed.

Have you seen some of the modern day cops? The general public would be in danger if they pulled out a pistol.

Besides, a shotty was utilised here, so hiding was a smart choice.

I know the HK people have legitimate grievances but when they do s**t like this is just screams manufactured colour revolution

I know they are notoriously ham fisted when it comes to those colour revolution thingees but surely they wouldn't be that obvious.

I know the HK people have legitimate grievances but when they do s**t like this is just screams manufactured colour revolution
Too much history and internal politics for it to be manufactured, but I agree that was cringey as anything.

Firebombing is worse than atomic weaponry and was even more so in Japan cos of the predominantly wooden buildings.
The wider morality of strategic and unnecessary bombing really came to the fore in the post-war trials. It’s probably why the Luftwaffe command got it a tad easier during war crime prosecutions. Didn’t want to set a precedent.

There are comments under that video saying this was something completely different days ago.

I guess we'll know soon enough.
Probably right on the time frame, but for an authoritarian government, Beijing has shown quite a bit of restraint. Something has got to give sooner rather than later. Assad would have sent the troops in already.

The wider morality of strategic and unnecessary bombing really came to the fire in the post-war trials. It’s probably why the Luftwaffe command got it a tad easier during war crime prosecutions. Didn’t want to set a precedent.

I was mates with a kid in primary school in Hobart. His old man was a Lancaster pilot in ww2 and flew the Dresden mission. He told me about going back there once. He made friends with someone who survived the bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back