Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mates with a kid in primary school in Hobart. His old man was a Lancaster pilot in ww2 and flew the Dresden mission. He told me about going back there once. He made friends with someone who survived the bombing.
There was generally healthy respect between many Luftwaffe and Commonwealth pilots in the post war period. Same with tank crews. Even more so the paratroopers of both sides, particularly after Monte Cassino/Market Garden.

Less so for the Kriegsmarine/RAN and Heer/British Army and the Waffen SS was generally despised by all for good reason.

Hong Kong isn't a colour revolution. It is legit.

Though the Chinese are locking up everyone in Xinjiang as they rightly fear the US will use its jihadist networks/allies to create "China's Afghanistan" out there and tie up China's military spending and focus away from being a blue water hegemonic force to a COIN focused land force where conscripts get chewed up in ambushes and sieges, causing social disharmony back in the Han cities.

Hong Kong isn't a colour revolution. It is legit.

Though the Chinese are locking up everyone in Xinjiang as they rightly fear the US will use its jihadist networks/allies to create "China's Afghanistan" out there and tie up China's military spending and focus away from being a blue water hegemonic force to a COIN focused land force where conscripts get chewed up in ambushes and sieges, causing social disharmony back in the Han cities.
The USA would benefit greatly from grey warfare in this respect, ie targeted social media/information campaign. They don’t need to send missiles or armaments.

The USA would benefit greatly from grey warfare in this respect, ie targeted social media/information campaign. They don’t need to send missiles or armaments.

Agreed - is why everyone is Xinjiang has apps put on their phones by the government to monitor all their activity?

Agreed - is why everyone is Xinjiang has apps put on their phones by the government to monitor all their activity?
Yep, the NSA have similar, albeit different, way of monitoring social media and counter-information campaigns. This has major ethical, strategic and legal implications.

US defence strategists are really concerned about the evolution of grey warfare and dedicated information campaigns from Russia. They are mostly on the defensive atm, but that can change with the USA’s technological capabilities.

Yep, the NSA have similar, albeit different, way of monitoring social media and counter-information campaigns. This has major ethical, strategic and legal implications.

US defence strategists are really concerned about the evolution of grey warfare and dedicated information campaigns from Russia. They are mostly on the defensive atm, but that can change with the USA’s technological capabilities.

Oh yeah, the Russians have first mover advantage here as they have grasped what true information war is.

Wait for the deepfakes in election campaigns.

Oh yeah, the Russians have first mover advantage here as they have grasped what true information war is.
They are building on Soviet foundations. Britain used to be good at it during the First World War.

They are building on Soviet foundations. Britain used to be good at it during the First World War.

Brits best information warfare was directed against the Yanks - getting them into the war.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
After last time he was charged he got a massive industrial shredding machine shipped there. Also got a carpet and tile extractor (whatever the fu** that is).

Did giggle at this bit near the end: "[the analyst] noted that both shipments could, of course, be entirely unrelated to the alleged crimes and the prosecutions. Indeed, many people [who] own shredders or tile and carpet extractors do not run child sex trafficking rings to service the global elite."

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did giggle at this bit near the end: "[the analyst] noted that both shipments could, of course, be entirely unrelated to the alleged crimes and the prosecutions. Indeed, many people [who] own shredders or tile and carpet extractors do not run child sex trafficking rings to service the global elite."

I’m still trying to figure out what a ‘tile and carpet extractor’ is. I’ve been around a lot of demolition works and never heard that before. Can’t think of a machine that extracts tiles and carpet from a building. Doesn’t make sense.

There was generally healthy respect between many Luftwaffe and Commonwealth pilots in the post war period. Same with tank crews. Even more so the paratroopers of both sides, particularly after Monte Cassino/Market Garden.

Less so for the Kriegsmarine/RAN and Heer/British Army and the Waffen SS was generally despised by all for good reason.

When my grandad was in the jug in '44 after getting shot down over Belgium, the Aussies/Kiwis/Canadians etc had more time for some of their Luftwaffe guards than they did for idiot Brit officers who'd try and impose "discipline" and were always attempting escapes that got everyone punished etc.

I’m still trying to figure out what a ‘tile and carpet extractor’ is. I’ve been around a lot of demolition works and never heard that before. Can’t think of a machine that extracts tiles and carpet from a building. Doesn’t make sense.

The article is very poorly written. It's probably incorrect terminology / description.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if the below link will work, but just thought I’d share this video that we had to watch at work as part of compulsory “Workplace Behaviour” training:

If it doesn’t work and your interested, just search for “sex tea analogy”.

We were in hysterics.

Interesting, I get they're coming from a certain angle but I have no doubt the Silicon Valley types were far more keen to see Hillary in than Trump for a wide variety of reasons.

(Largely because she's a massive warmonger who would have given them huge funding to pursue stuff and also because she's THE Wall Street Democrat non pareil)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure if the below link will work, but just thought I’d share this video that we had to watch at work as part of compulsory “Workplace Behaviour” training:

If it doesn’t work and your interested, just search for “sex tea analogy”.

We were in hysterics.

Do you work at the StKilda football club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back