Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better was the stuff about abandoning the Kurds because they didn't help out at Normandy

Yeah, that's in the thread, read the whole thing, its just astounding how he skips around.

Nah, haven't read.

The occult stuff is interesting. I don't believe that stuff like Bohemian Grove and Skulls and Bones is genuine devil worship.

But intelligence agencies routinely use local legends about the occult and witchcraft and so on on the population when trying to destabilise stuff - others have learned to use the trick.

US intelligence used it in the Philippines for example, making bodies of guerillas they'd killed appear like they'd been killed by vampires.

The Brits used it in Northern Ireland, setting up "evidence" of witchcraft and black magic in heavily Catholic IRA areas to try an unsettle the locals from supporting the Ra.

Then we saw Alex Jones with his "Obama and Hilary are demons" stuff.

Its an old trick, the amazing thing is when otherwise intelligent people fall for it.

Micheal Aquino (who was accused of shitloads of ritual satanic abuse which I have no idea about and am not pushing that barrow at all) is/was a former US intelligence operative with an amazing history.

He was a member of the Church of Satan but felt it wasn't serious or religious enough so he set up the "Temple of Set" which is another satanic organisation in the US. He gets accused of masterminding all the salacious aspects of those MK Ultra experiments which ... I dunno most of that is bullshit as far as I can see (but some maybe isn't.)

All those occult schools usually focus on messing with people's heads and picking the smartest most resilient people to advance thru them, usually the people who don't fall for the bullshit stories associated with what is happening. Its amazing the people associated with weird bullshit who are also associated with intelligence agencies, Crowley and the Poms, Hubbard and US Naval Intelligence are the most obvious, but Julius Evola had connections to german intel as well. Evola is one of the biggest influences on the New/Alt Right too imo.

Anyway back to Aquino.

He wrote a small primer called From PSYOP to MindWar: The Psychology of Victory that has a sinister reputation but is brilliant and possibly one of the most influential works of its time (along the lines of The Art of War possibly but I wouldn't want to over egg it.)

I reckon its had more influence on Dugin and how the Russians do things than on the US military tho. And also in the PR and advertising industry. Possibly the Russians have been well aware of this sort of thing for centuries tho. Chess as a national sport probably dios that to a people.

Its here if you haven't read it.

Paul Joseph Watson is in the office down the hall from Bellingcat at MI5/MI6.

They serve different audiences and use different means but both have the same aim - create confusion and point social anger at the targets du jour.

Again, its amazing how otherwise intelligent people fall for this s**t.

That is what its for.

It uses real memes and manipulates them.

You probably already realised this tho.

That is what its for.

It uses real memes and manipulates them.

You probably already realised this tho.

Yep.

Bellingcat is a very interesting one, hugely influential and a great bit of work.

So the CEO of EnergyAustralia is saying the same thing as the folks who are protesting.

But oh no some went to Maccas so its all bullshit.

Lots of vigorous discussion here.

Key question arising from all this - people brushing their teeth at work - being diligent or simply just dickheadish?

Depends on whether they are brushing them for the first time that day or not, but generally dickheadishness.

Lots of vigorous discussion here.

Key question arising from all this - people brushing their teeth at work - being diligent or simply just dickheadish?

That depends.

At uni in first year biology classes students often used to scrape out their cheeks and look at the cells under microscopes in one of their first proper lab sessions.

I dunno how many times I've heard this story - a bit of an urban myth I spose - but when one student asks thew tutor what the weird wriggling thing is on their microscope slide hilarity usually ensues.

As I said I've never seen it happen but it allegedly happened in another class and we heard about it that day while eating lunch. The person it happened too left the uni soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on whether they are brushing them for the first time that day or not, but generally dickheadishness.

Hmm yes you might be right.

Generally I can't verify per se it's their first time. But based on the usual timing I'd say not.

I also stress observations have not been made in a shift based or operations in the field environment despite my chosen trade being in the privately contract special forces hard-as-**** world of physically brutal bad-asses. (like that wasn't obvious to anyone here)

A lot of people can be compared to Goebbels if you use pure anecdotal examples, or stretch false equivalences just enough. People seem to forget that Goebbels was very good at what he did for a job.

Attention whores.
If he was so good at what he did, why did he murder his children and then commit suicide?

Seems like the very definition of failure to me.

At uni in first year biology classes students often used to scrape out their cheeks and look at the cells under microscopes in one of their first proper lab sessions.

Bizarre - at my first Chaddie meet-up TT did exactly this but took an equally long confused look down at the scraper as your subject before joking "ha, that'd be Simon".

I'm still not sure what he meant?

If he was so good at what he did, why did he murder his children and then commit suicide?

If he wasn't that good he'd have never been in the position to do that in the first place.

Hmm yes you might be right.

Generally I can't verify per se it's their first time. But based on the usual timing I'd say not.

I also stress observations have not been made in a shift based or operations in the field environment despite my chosen trade being in the privately contract special forces hard-as-**** world of physically brutal bad-asses. (like that wasn't obvious to anyone here)

I thought you guys used those "miswak" things the jihadis use.

With the American track record of throwing various allies under the bus post WWII, at what point do countries start looking after their own interests and getting cozy with a new 'BFF'?

Are you serious, we are talking about his job, not whether his life was a failure.

He wasn't a general or in charge of troops (was very briefly in charge of Volkstrum units in Berlin and extremely briefly as Chancellor before he topped himself).

His job was propaganda and to convince the German people to support the Nazi party, which he did rather well. He did well to help con (and normalise terror) the best part of 80 million people to support an authoritarian and deeply racist regime, and keep them fighting for that regime to the bitter end, despite most people knowing the war was lost by mid 1943.

Wasn't his fault the Germans lost the war. His suicide and his kids death had zero to do with how good of a job he did as Propaganda minister.

Are you serious, we are talking about his job, not whether his life was a failure.

He wasn't a general or in charge of troops (was very briefly in charge of Volkstrum units in Berlin and extremely briefly as Chancellor before he topped himself).

His job was propaganda and to convince the German people to support the Nazi party, which he did rather well. He did well to help con (and normalise terror) the best part of 80 million people to support an authoritarian and deeply racist regime, and keep them fighting for that regime to the bitter end, despite most people knowing the war was lost by mid 1943.

Wasn't his fault the Germans lost the war. His suicide and his kids death had zero to do with how good of a job he did as Propaganda minister.
I agree in part.

But if your propoganda is built on a tissue of lies, and helps deliver your country into utter destruction, is that success?

If you consider his job purely to motivate people for a period of time, then yes he succeeded. If you think that he had a role to help formulate a 1,000 year Reich by inspiring the population, then he was an abject failure.

With the American track record of throwing various allies under the bus post WWII, at what point do countries start looking after their own interests and getting cozy with a new 'BFF'?
Well it depends who you ask. SLF or Ferball, every one ;) . Me, most of them to varying degrees.

Need to define throwing allies under the bus. Even we had run-in's with the Americans over economics, intelligence bases and defence equipment when it came to the Yanks putting their interests first.

The USA would not have been able to maintain such a large network of regional centric allies over a 70+ year period by constantly screwing them over. There's some give and take.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back