Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Taibbi says in the piece, Hilary in unable to intellectually process the fact she lost to a bloke who wasn't even seriously trying to win, so to do that she has to blame some supernatural demon.

Its ridiculous.

I reckon this Russian Conspiracy thing is actually a Russian conspiracy in itself. Its effectively ****ed the US and made it even more dysfunctional.

Its ridiculous.

I reckon this Russian Conspiracy thing is actually a Russian conspiracy in itself. Its effectively f’ed the US and made it even more dysfunctional.

Yep, that was the idea of the op, just create endless infighting and bullshit.

Brexit too.

Nah, Brexit has a far longer history, the Tories have been tearing themselves apart over that since Putin was still a KGB colonel.

Eye rolls at the video clip of Thunberg being harassed. Would expect nothing less from the denizens of oil-rich Alberta. Sure there's a few tight concentrations of folks who DO care about the science, and came out to support her, but for the most part she was (unsurprisingly) not well received. Protectionism of the tar sands and the industry that enriches them is a big thing for Albertans.

Anyways, Thunberg's parents can drive Arnie's Tesla all they like for all I care. Better that than the carbon spewing pick up trucks everyone in Alberta gets around in.

And enough with the "handlers" references. It's bizarre. She's a kid whose parents have brought her up in a way that aligns with their world views (as pretty much every parent does) and she's decided to do something with that. She's been invited to many countries, Canada being one. Our federal election timing had nothing to do with it.

I'm surprised that the simple act of exercising one's right to freedom of speech seems to incense the very people on here who are going on about it at all the time with their constant youtube mash ups and dodgy internet sites. Raging white guys defending Trump -Okay! Young girl encouraging us to listen to the science on climate change - Alarm bells! Handlers! Profits being made! How DARE she!

Anyways, in other news, Julian Assange's extradition hearing is tomorrow. Another individual who faces constant persecution for simply spreading the truth.

"The British government must not accede to the US extradition request for Julian Assange as he faces a real risk of serious human rights violations if sent there.

The UK must abide by its obligations under international human rights law that forbid the transfer of individuals to another country where they would face serious human rights violations. Were Julian Assange to be extradited or subjected to any other transfer to the USA, Britain would be in breach of these obligations.”

Hopefully human rights will prevail, but in these times of fear and persecution of individuals who fight for truth, I'm not holding my breath.

The activities of Lord Arbuthnot and his colleagues were the subject of thousands of WikiLeaks disclosures. There are almost 2,000 references in the WikiLeaks’ database to Thales and nearly 450 to RUSI. Lord Arbuthnot himself can be found in over 50 entries.

As Assange’s legal team and UN Rapporteur on Torture Nils Melzer have argued, this “strong conflict of interest” requires Lady Arbuthnot to stand down from Assange’s case. Her husband’s entire political life has been dedicated to crushing the sort of transparency and accountability advocated by WikiLeaks.

He was never going to get a fair trail. This whole legal system is bullshit.

The activities of Lord Arbuthnot and his colleagues were the subject of thousands of WikiLeaks disclosures. There are almost 2,000 references in the WikiLeaks’ database to Thales and nearly 450 to RUSI. Lord Arbuthnot himself can be found in over 50 entries.

As Assange’s legal team and UN Rapporteur on Torture Nils Melzer have argued, this “strong conflict of interest” requires Lady Arbuthnot to stand down from Assange’s case. Her husband’s entire political life has been dedicated to crushing the sort of transparency and accountability advocated by WikiLeaks.

He was never going to get a fair trail. This whole legal system is bullshit.

British justice.

Its ridiculous.

I reckon this Russian Conspiracy thing is actually a Russian conspiracy in itself. Its effectively f’ed the US and made it even more dysfunctional.
You can thank the media for that.

Better still is when that conspiracy is rewarded with Pulitzer's

It's all a s**t show because of one political party and Clinton couldn't handle losing the election. A 3 year-long tantrum that has destabilised the country even further.

Tulsi speaks up and now she's an agent. :drunk:

Won't be too long before people in this thread accuse me of being one too :$

Nah, Brexit has a far longer history, the Tories have been tearing themselves apart over that since Putin was still a KGB colonel.

Have a closer look. They were right in it for the same reasons. They don't care one way or the other whether Brexit happens but it *s with the Poms.

You can thank the media for that.

Better still is when that conspiracy is rewarded with Pulitzer's

It's all a s**t show because of one political party and Clinton couldn't handle losing the election. A 3 year-long tantrum that has destabilised the country even further.

There was an actual Russian influence op.

But yes, as discussed above, the inability of Lady Clinton to accept that she's wildly unpopular and ran a s**t campaign - and the inability of the liberal media to accept they got it so wrong - meant that got blown out of all proportion.

Righto. I don’t follow Canadian politics. The only reason i got interested in US politics is because of the s**t show that was Hilary & Trump (even then I’m out of my depth to have a proper discussion about it...policies etc). So he’s suggesting Trudeau paid for her to go to Canada to help him win the election? Is he big on doing something about climate change?
I don't care for it much either. But the summary was:

Greta: you need to do more!
Trudeau: you're right Greta, I promise that we will do more
Everyone: wow...Trudeau is happy to take advice and promises to do more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a closer look. They were right in it for the same reasons. They don't care one way or the other whether Brexit happens but it fu**s with the Poms.

Yeah I know they jumped on board but seriously, the damage caused by Brexit was done years ago. The vote was just the release button.

This post is sponsored by raytheon. The only real beneficiary of the new red scare. :think:

Russian is benefiting from it but just not in the way everyone thinks.

They'll have a great monopoly on European energy needs for decades after all this.

I don't care for it much either. But the summary was:

Greta: you need to do more!
Trudeau: you're right Greta, I promise that we will do more
Everyone: wow...Trudeau is happy to take advice and promises to do more!

THAT was a classic case of virtue signalling.

Yeah I know they jumped on board but seriously, the damage caused by Brexit was done years ago. The vote was just the release button.

That's true in and of itself I guess. My point is their use of media to create division is quite effective. Everyone in the west is arguing with each other and they'll quietly make themselves very secure - their economy won't be screwed like it was post the collapse of the USSR.

Have a closer look. They were right in it for the same reasons. They don't care one way or the other whether Brexit happens but it fu**s with the Poms.
Yep the British were right in it for the money.. it’s hard to sell a war without an enemy.

Last edited:
That's true in and of itself I guess. My point is their use of media to create division is quite effective. Everyone in the west is arguing with each other and they'll quietly make themselves very secure - their economy won't be screwed like it was post the collapse of the USSR.

Seriously though, the Brexit vote can be traced back to the Tory divisions over Maastricht in the aerly 90s.

Russian is benefiting from it but just not in the way everyone thinks.

They'll have a great monopoly on European energy needs for decades after all this.
The Russians have had that anyway.
it was up to Europe to secure their energy needs not America. The Syrian pipeline from Qatar was way to ambitious.
The EU will have their own army soon enough anyway.

I also think they’re banking on renewables. Which aren’t to far off.

Last edited:
THAT was a classic case of virtue signalling.
giphy.gif

You feeling alright? Bang your head this morning or something? What game are you playing?

The Russians have had that anyway.
it was up to Europe to secure their energy needs not America. The Syrian pipeline from Qatar was way to ambitious.
The EU will have their own army soon enough anyway.

I also think they’re banking on renewables. Which aren’t to far off.

Russia has been a power for centuries - Western Europe has always threatened it and tried to invade on many occasions. It was ****ed over after losing the cold war and the people that run it don't want to leave themselves vulnerable to that sort of thing again (imo obviously).

Its run by a very smart former spy and actual fascist who rose to power on the back of a series of false flag attacks and has exploited the strong nationalism that's always been there very well. His disinfo network has been expanding for over a decade and has a massive influence on non mainstream western media. I can't prove it but strongly suspect there was Russian involvement (on a very small level mind you) in the anti CSG protests that happened around here years ago. Just some weird stuff going on there. Could be wrong but ... it was weird and I wasn't that into it all.

Its not like I'm saying this to support Clinton or US imperialism either. Russia is just looking after its own interests.

And you don't have to do much to stoke the fires in a post truth world.

Seriously though, the Brexit vote can be traced back to the Tory divisions over Maastricht in the aerly 90s.

I wouldn't have a clue about any of that. All I really remember of the Tories in the early 90s was the anti rave act the passed thru parliament.

giphy.gif

You feeling alright? Bang your head this morning or something? What game are you playing?

LOL, nah, none.

I've always disliked Trudeau, he's the worst kind of paper-thin image only politician.

Most notably for his crapping on about climate change while building the pipelines for the tar sands.

I wouldn't have a clue about any of that. All I really remember of the Tories in the early 90s was the anti rave act the passed thru parliament.

"And with regards to the Criminal Justice Act, I stick my middle finger in the air" - Mike Skinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back