Status
Not open for further replies.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone got any advice for lower back issues?

I’ve got two “minor” bulging discs L4-L5 & L5-S1.

Over the past 3 years I’ve tried just about everything; physio, chiro, osteo, Pilates (still doing it). I just can’t seem to get it back to 100%. Lost a heap of weight (15kg) with weight training and strengthening And that helped somewhat. Had probably 2-3 months pain free, but 6 weeks ago I had a bit of a hiccup and it’s worse than ever before. At present I can’t do that sort of training because of the nerve pain.

Going back in for another MRI this week to see what’s going on! Don’t think I’ve ever been this frustrated with my body.
I was made to concentrate on the 'core muscle' region by my physio. Took me eight months, but it worked, pain free most of the day now.

I can’t buy that he’s not dead but there is so many layers to this story that we’ll never know.

I'm not saying I believe he is dead either. Honestly I dunno and doubt I ever will but I think its less unlikely than people are assuming. I see it this way:

Murdered 35 - 60% likely.
Suicide 25 - 35% likely.
Still alive 15 - 35% likely.

Those ranges are wide to reflect the uncertainty. The video of the white haired guy on his island certainly adds to the intrigue. Without that I'd be alot less inclined to consider him being alive as an option. But his butial in an unmarked grave with other identifiers of the grave site also being removed adds to the speculation potential.

There are networks but also hierarchies and I dunno where he sits on a hierarchy of that sort of criminality. If he's high enough on one he'd be more likely to be alive imo.

I put a link to this in the great long form articles thread in lidge's lounge.

Its a review of a book on economist James Buchanan's role in neo-liberalism. Its a fascinating piece of the puzzle of neo liberalism.

I've personally felt that my entire adult life has happened against a backdrop of undermining democracy and re instating the aristocracy. (Whatever Hayek's goals with "The Road to Serfdom" its become a manual or map not a warning.) This particular book looks like it examines that idea intelligently and accurately.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

i wonder why the whistle or blower never wanted to come forward. he has about as much credibility as a Baltimore street slinger.

this whole thing about removing trump thru nefarious means is bullshit. they’ve wasted 3 years now on the Russia hoax now this.

ffs policy is the only way... although I’m starting to suspect the Dems only goal is keeping Bernie from entering the debate.

i wonder why the whistle or blower never wanted to come forward. he has about as much credibility as a Baltimore street slinger.

this whole thing about removing trump thru nefarious means is bullshit. they’ve wasted 3 years now on the Russia hoax now this.

ffs policy is the only way... although I’m starting to suspect the Dems only goal is keeping Bernie from entering the debate.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Whistle blowers shouldn’t have to be made public, they should be protected. Have a look at what happens to them when they are made public...

Australia is terrible at dealing with whistle blowers. Are you across the ex ASIO bloke who blew the whistle on the way the Australian spy’s bugged the Timor government to screw them as much as possible for oil and gas prices? The whole thing was overseen by Alexander Downer who just happened to get a job with the company that benefits the most from that dodgy deal.

I was looking for a specific Gore Vidal quote to stick in here in response to that thing about Bernie but there are so many good one I want to quote the whole 10 pages.

Whistle blowers shouldn’t have to be made public, they should be protected. Have a look at what happens to them when they are made public...

Australia is terrible at dealing with whistle blowers. Are you across the ex ASIO bloke who blew the whistle on the way the Australian spy’s bugged the Timor government to screw them as much as possible for oil and gas prices? The whole thing was overseen by Alexander Downer who just happened to get a job with the company that benefits the most from that dodgy deal.

We're a penal colony run by self absorbed campaigners who identify with whoever runs the english speaking empire (first the UK, then the US, probably be NZ next) at that moment and do whatever they can to ride coattails.

Whistle blowers ... ever since Andrew Wilkie they've had crosshairs over them.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're a penal colony run by self absorbed campaigners who identify with whoever runs the english speaking empire (first the UK, then the US, probably be NZ next) at that moment and do whatever they can to ride coattails.

Whistle blowers ... ever since Andrew Wilkie they've had crosshairs over them.

The spy who blew the whistle on the Timor situation did it exactly by the book. He went to the lawyer appointed by ASIO to deal with whistle blowers, now our government wants to put both of them in jail. Politicians are campaigners

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yes you should leak, only to the powers that be.. it’s why the forth estate is so important, yet they’re useless and have let humanity down.

I believe motivation is is key to why people should identify oneself. if youre leaking to damage an organisation or individual, your conscience better be clear otherwise you’ll come off looking like a cheap suit.

Last edited:
The spy who blew the whistle on the Timor situation did it exactly by the book. He went to the lawyer appointed by ASIO to deal with whistle blowers, now our government wants to put both of them in jail. Politicians are campaigners

Especially this lot. They are wannabe *en Nazis. Just look at Scrote - he even looks like one.

We waited until after we signed a new agreement (a fairer one) with Timor before going after Witness K. Its nothing more than a spiteful reprisal.

Can't stand Morrison - I'd probably spit in his face if I saw him in public.

But really this is all down to every campaigner who didn't scream blue murder and write and ring politicians as we brought in law after law to limit the rights of citizens and the transparency applied to the government while increasing its power in the name of keeping us all safe from scary brown people.

The laws in this country right now are insane but the government hasn't used them the way it can yet.

We make laws to target specific protest (such as the anti vegan "biosecurity" laws) when such protests are already illegal (ie tresspass on private property).

How ****ed is that? Its the criminalisation of dissent and because the dissent coming from a minority pov most people don't give a s**t.

Anti CSG protests copped the same s**t a few years ago. Where I live over 90% of the population is regularly surveyed and rejects CSG mining in the area. (If anyone reading this ever lost money in Metgasco - good. Get ****ed.) As a result its even more illegal to protest CSG mining.

These governments think they are the reason we exist not the other way around.

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party...and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt - until recently... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

That's the Vidal quote I was looking for.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interested in thoughts on the Federal Government's farmers drought bail out. Can't recall any bail outs for the local car and textile manufacturing industries, nor the countless jobs lost due to automation. Any bail outs for the taxi industry or those also disrupted be new technology? The irony of the rural and regional sector bleating about the worst drought on record is that their electorates prop up the Coalition that is dominated by climate change deniers. I'm sorry, but would prefer our taxes spent more wisely.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party...and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt - until recently... and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

That's the Vidal quote I was looking for.
absolutely, the only way Bernie gets the nom is in an unwinable election, which might just be the case if the latest shenanigans falls apart.
trump has always been the establishments anti-establishment candidate.
there was no election.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Interested in thoughts on the Federal Government's farmers drought bail out. Can't recall any bail outs for the local car and textile manufacturing industries, nor the countless jobs lost due to automation. Any bail outs for the taxi industry or those also disrupted be new technology? The irony of the rural and regional sector bleating about the worst drought on record is that their electorates prop up the Coalition that is dominated by climate change deniers. I'm sorry, but would prefer our taxes spent more wisely.
Car industry was one of the most heavily-subsidised industries we had. And even when it closed down, Governments put hundreds of millions of dollars into training and other assistance for auto workers and downstream businesses.

And taxi plate owners are receiving payouts from state governments after Uber was allowed.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Car industry was one of the most heavily-subsidised industries we had. And even when it closed down, Governments put hundreds of millions of dollars into training and other assistance for auto workers and downstream businesses.

And taxi plate owners are receiving payouts from state governments after Uber was allowed.
Appreciate the reply and the points you make.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wanted to give it a chance and ignore all of the negative reviews. "those idiots are just causing trouble and looking for gender stuff in the movie" i said.

No one loves terminator more than me.

Those bastards ruined Terminator. People complained about T3, T4, T5. I don't give a *. I love them all and the series. But what in the blue hell were they thinking?

The entire movie can be boiled down to - we killed the future of the resistance. He was a male. We replaced him with a 5'2 Mexican female with the same exact story. What a pointless agenda-driven bit of garbage. No wonder why it tanked.

Linda was great. Mackenzie Davis was good too. Good actress and I would like to marry her now that I've broken up with Tulsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back