Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's actually pretty ****ed up that they would even report it like this. By attaching some ephemeral fame to one of the UNDERAGE perps, they are increasing the likelihood of the underage students who took/shared the video being identified AND THE ODDS THAT THE TRAUMATISED UNDERAGED VICTIM IS IDENTIFIED.

I mean, sure I'd like to know who did it but at the same time we have laws regarding the release of specific information under these kind of circumstances, and it isn't a RIGHT that I know the details. The Herald Sun is just raising a red flag to the bulls by linking it to an 'AFL great'. They could have just as easily published that an event took place without inviting every Tom, Dick, and Harry (or Hirdy, as the instant shitposting conclusion on the main board) to try and figure out which bloke they know spawned an utter dropkick of a kid thus endangering the privacy of minors and vastly increasing the chance of ongoing psychological damage to all involved.

The whole thing is a mess.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not interested in knowing the who and what. It's just ironic that kids attending elite private schools are four times more likely to get drafted than those in the govt. system, with better character supposedly one of the determining factors.

Tennis is NOT boxing.

Surely mate.................SURELY..............you cannot equate the pool of talent in boxing with that which was around 40 years ago or earlier?

I personally know blokes in their early 40's who are getting offered undercard bouts just so promoters can fill up an event.

There’s far more “events” now than there were back in the 60/70/80’s. There’s so much extra crap on display that it just seems to drown out the good stuff - counterintuitive, I know. A couple of weeks a go, I came across my son and his mates watching two “youtube celebs” battling it out in front of a massive crowd which included slow-motion replays and “serious” commentary. I got to think about me, as an eight year old in February 1964, getting up in the middle of the night with my dad and his brothers and listening to Clay/Liston on the wireless. How can we even begin to compare? The same things holds true for all sports and music too, as far as I’m concerned. It’s not that I’m dissing what’s on show today but I think it’s a completely spurious exercise to even try and draw comparisons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just wanted to share a something with you all.

I've had a horrible two or so months that has seen my wife and I separate. Trial separation, the plan is we'll get back together which I'm all for of course, " no dating in the meantime" - roll's eyes. That's been tough on me, not the no dating part:) Then my elderly mum has just passed last week and my wife is the organiser, so I've had to step up to the plate.

What I found lifted me beyond words the old girl had planned the whole thing, even down to the catering! It is all paid for and organised.

My reason for saying this , the last thing someone needs to do during this period is worry about funeral arrangements. Just giving you a hint :)

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I've had a horrible two or so months that has seen my wife and I separate. Trial separation, the plan is we'll get back together which I'm all for of course, " no dating in the meantime" - roll's eyes. That's been tough on me, not the no dating part:) Then my elderly mum has just passed last week and my wife is the organiser, so I've had to step up to the plate.

What I found lifted me beyond words the old girl had planned the whole thing, even down to the catering! It is all paid for and organised.

My reason for saying this , the last thing someone needs to do during this period is worry about funeral arrangements. Just giving you a hint :)
Sorry to hear that tao. I'll have a beer for you tonight mate 🍺. All the best.

My sympathy for your loss, and best wishes for everything going forward, both my parents did the exact same thing regarding their funeral arrangements too.

Condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear the news.

Teen son of AFL great cautioned after filming and sharing graphic images

The teenage son of an AFL great was let off with a caution after he filmed and shared graphic images of a 14-year-old girl on social media. Two other teens were spoken to and investigations are continuing.

Peter Rolfe and Mark Buttler, Sunday Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
November 30, 2019 9:46pm

The son of an AFL great has been cautioned by police after graphic images of a 14-year-old girl were illegally shared online.

The son of an AFL great has been cautioned by police after graphic images of a 14-year-old girl were illegally shared online.

An AFL great’s son involved in a social media sex scandal has been let off with a caution from police.

The teenager was interviewed by police after graphic images of a 14-year-old girl were illegally shared online.

He is one of three teens from a Melbourne private school spoken to by police, with investigations continuing.

It is believed the boy, 15, admitted filming the girl and sharing the footage via mobile phone and social media.

The Sunday Herald Sun believes that, despite sharing the explicit content against her wishes, the son of the former AFL champion has escaped serious punishment.

Police confirmed they were investigating the distribution of the video, which had been recorded on October 12.

“The video was posted without consent,” a police statement said.

Police said two teenage boys had been issued with cautions for distributing an intimate image.

Another was “assisting police with inquiries”, the statement said.

“As the investigation is ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment further.”

It is believed the son of the AFL great filmed the sexual act and shared it via mobile phone and social media but did not take part in the physical activity.

A family friend of the girl said the footage “just snowballed’’ once it was shared online.

“It’s been distributed everywhere,’’ he said. “It’s pretty horrific for the young girl.’’

The AFL great did not want to comment.

Cyber safety expert Susan McLean said it should serve as a cautionary tale about social media.

“It’s appalling criminal behaviour and it’s a sad reflection on society we still have young men who still think it’s acceptable,’’ she said.

Ms McLean, a former cop of 27 years and Victoria Police’s first cyber investigator, said anyone who witnessed or filmed the act and viewed or shared the video should face action.

“Until you get the full force of the law applied to this sort of behaviour it’s not going to change anything,” she said.

“We have such a long way to go.”

The teenage son of an AFL great was let off with a caution after he filmed and shared graphic images of a 14-year-old girl on social media. Two other teens were spoken to and investigations are continuing.

Subscriber only
|

An AFL great’s son involved in a social media sex scandal has been let off with a caution from police.

The teenager was interviewed by police after graphic images of a 14-year-old girl were illegally shared online.

He is one of three teens from a Melbourne private school spoken to by police, with investigations continuing.

It is believed the boy, 15, admitted filming the girl and sharing the footage via mobile phone and social media.

The Sunday Herald Sun believes that, despite sharing the explicit content against her wishes, the son of the former AFL champion has escaped serious punishment.

Police confirmed they were investigating the distribution of the video, which had been recorded on October 12.

Police said two teenage boys had been issued with cautions for distributing an intimate image.

It is believed the son of the AFL great filmed the sexual act and shared it via mobile phone and social media but did not take part in the physical activity.

A family friend of the girl said the footage “just snowballed’’ once it was shared online.

“It’s been distributed everywhere,’’ he said. “It’s pretty horrific for the young girl.’’

Cyber safety expert Susan McLean said it should serve as a cautionary tale about social media.

“It’s appalling criminal behaviour and it’s a sad reflection on society we still have young men who still think it’s acceptable,’’ she said.

Ms McLean, a former cop of 27 years and Victoria Police’s first cyber investigator, said anyone who witnessed or filmed the act and viewed or shared the video should face action.

“Until you get the full force of the law applied to this sort of behaviour it’s not going to change anything,” she said.

Sad story but a sign of the times with social media I suppose. Have to wonder if the offenders can't be named (and fair enough if under 18) then should the story be allowed to run. Whats the point? Plenty know who the kid is and, for those who don't, it places a cloud over other AFL Legends sons. I am all for freedom of the press so its hard to argue against the story finding space, but this is real dilemma.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Subscriber only
|

Sad, sad, sad.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sad story but a sign of the times with social media I suppose. Have to wonder if the offenders can't be named (and fair enough if under 18) then should the story be allowed to run. Whats the point? Plenty know who the kid is and, for those who don't, it places a cloud over other AFL Legends sons. I am all for freedom of the press so its hard to argue against the story finding space, but this is real dilemma.

Yes it seems the only point of the article was to drive home that it’s the son of an afl player and also move away from ‘digitally raped’. Pretty ****ed up tbh

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Doesn't surprise me. They'll grow up to treat people like cattle anyway.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
"Journalism 2019"

1575189529610.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back