Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you all enjoying Danny Andrews gridlocked s**t hole?

Then you be even more thrilled to know that you'll be
paying for it sooner than you think.

A few people I know in Melbourne reckon the gridlock is a necessary consequence of years of not looking after road and rail infrastructure properly. That this is the the Pita youse have to have to stop the road infrastructure failing.
The Great Ocean Road on the other hand...
That proposal doesn't go far enough. People from cities should require permits and separate license tests to even drive outside of town.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Convenient

I’m interested in the origins of true pundit. they were very secretive in the lead up to 2016, must’ve been a Russian.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m interested in the origins of true pundit. they were very secretive in the lead up to 2016, must’ve been a Russian.

They’re very fishy. These paragraphs from the article caught my attention.

True Pundit founder Mike “Thomas Paine” Moore previously headed anti-money laundering for a major Citigroup division during the time frame Citi commenced large loans to Epstein.

“The loans to Epstein were personal and commercial,” Paine confirmed. “The Citi loans I can confirm were for more than $25 million. Some were secured, some were not.”

Using the founder of True Pundit as a source...

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Larry, Sergey and Eric Schmidt all gone from alphabet..

now you’ve got a guy in Sundar, who happily lies to congress taking charge..

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A few people I know in Melbourne reckon the gridlock is a necessary consequence of years of not looking after road and rail infrastructure properly. That this is the the Pita youse have to have to stop the road infrastructure failing.
The Great Ocean Road on the other hand...
That proposal doesn't go far enough. People from cities should require permits and separate license tests to even drive outside of town.

It is necessary for sure. The only question is, is it going to work? There’s way to many cars on the road and with population increasing it’s going to get worse.

You’d think they’d incentivise public transport but they haven’t really. I go into the city often on weekends with my wife and kids (my kids both under 8), it costs me more to catch a train then it does to drive and park...which is more convenient with young kids.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the trams are free once you get into the city, which is great but you’ve still go to get there.

Didn’t realise how s**t our public transport is till I went to Paris. Having a good underground is the best.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So Folau got paid...

Of course. Only the constitutionally ignorant could be surprised.

BTW, for the resident twits out there, this does not mean that I support his views!!!!

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The wording and clauses of the player contract they used as justification for axing him. If it actually said half of what they claim it did then the entire mess may have turned out differently and never spiralled out of control so horribly

Compare that to a hopefully sound settlement agreement with iron strong clauses restricting what he (and to be fair, they) can say about the entire drama going forward.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
"Rugby Australia acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused to the Folaus".

Regardless of Folau being a monumental dick head, this is a great ruling for society. Sporting bodies need to keep their virtue signaling noses out of peoples private business. Businesses and the bureaucracy need to follow suit.

A person MUST be free to express their religious and political views.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Bowers gave out loans for Trump to build the Trump hotel in Chicago. Bowers personally guaranteed $40 million, at least. That hotel has lost most business.
Bowers may have gone broke.

Profits fell 89% from 2015 to 2018, from $16.7 million to $1.8 million, according to documents filed with Cook County, Ill. Trump’s hotel struggled even as other Chicago hotels held steady or thrived. “Performance of [the Trump hotel] is clearly disassociated from that of its competitive set,” the company’s lawyers said in a letter to the county seeking to lower the hotel’s taxes.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Rugby Australia acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused to the Folaus".

Regardless of Folau being a monumental dick head, this is a great ruling for society. Sporting bodies need to keep their virtue signaling noses out of peoples private business. Businesses and the bureaucracy need to follow suit.

A person MUST be free to express their religious and political views.

Only problem with that train of thought is it's not a ruling, it's a settlement agreement. Lot harder for various people to defend actions if there was a ruling, settlement likely won't change jack s**t in terms of public outlook.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Only problem with that train of thought is it's not a ruling, it's a settlement agreement. Lot harder for various people to defend actions if there was a ruling, settlement likely won't change jack s**t in terms of public outlook.

Fair enough mate, although a settlement usually occurs because the ruling was inevitable.

It's going to be hard for some people to fathom, but the actions of Rugby Australia were far more dangerous than Folau's.

Folau's backward ideals are only conceptual in nature these days. Rugby Australia's actions weren't.

I don't like backing up the clown, but as a libertarian, I must.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough mate, although a settlement usually occurs because the ruling was inevitable.

Potentially. I think the odds were against RA at any rate. But it's not the only reason to settle. If they can nip this s**t in the bud before their reputation gets worse then it's simply the smart option. Discovery, I guarantee, would be awful for them. Might not find anything illegal, but can you just imagine some of the things the people involved said in private email exchanges? That would have done more financial damage to their bottom line over the long run than a ruling against them, let alone a settlement.

from his barossa land holdings or from under the tit of spotless?

been hearing he’s one foot out the door since his appointment. Yet he survived the biggest doping scandal in Australia and can call peter dutton and ask for favours.

I suspect he’ll go out on his terms.
I read something recently about some * person getting the gig as his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back