Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ruiz thing had a bit of charm early on. But looks like he's got a bit carried away with the bling side of things and eventually a few people I know (including myself) started hoping Joshua would get things back to normality.

Apparently Joshua took a big hit in training leading up to the first right, makes sense re the ko

Anyone questioning boxers of today vs boxers from 35-40 years ago, need look no further than that tape.
Yep 100% Andy Ruiz Jr would have been similar size and fitness levels to the guys fighting back then. would’ve been similar result of the supreme athlete dancing around scoring points at will from the outside.

you cant go past the professionalism of today. the supreme fitness leads them to hit harder and faster for longer.

Yep 100% Andy Ruiz Jr would have been similar size and fitness levels to the guys fighting back then. would’ve been similar result of the supreme athlete dancing around scoring points at will from the outside.

you cant go past the professionalism of today. the supreme fitness leads them to hit harder and faster for longer.

Obviously, my post is in vehement disagreement with you.

Obviously, my post is in vehement disagreement with you.
I know, I was being facetious. It’s something we’ll never agree on.

although I’ve got measurable statistics on my side, how would Ali go up against someone like Klitschko, who’s happy to win by points and hits as hard and fast as he does in the first as the twelfth?

look, I’ll give you, if Ali trained today and had all of the same benefits, he’d win but if you drop the same boxer in the from the 60s, 70s or 80s in the ring today, it’s simply not happening.

Last edited:
I know, I was being facetious. It’s something we’ll never agree on.

although I’ve got measurable statistics on my side, how would Ali go up against someone like Klitschko, who’s happy to win by points and hits as hard and fast as he does in the first as the twelfth?

look, I’ll give you, if Ali trained today and had all of the same benefits, he’d win but if you drop the same boxer in the from the 60s, 70s or 80s in the ring today, it’s simply not happening.

I think that's what he's getting at tho.

I think that's what he's getting at tho.
it’s completely shifting the goal posts to the argument of one fighter vs another.

For a sport where fitness counts, ive said it all along the professionalism and shear size is what gets the new guys over the line. If all things were equal the older guys would win but things aren’t equal.

The Ruiz thing had a bit of charm early on. But looks like he's got a bit carried away with the bling side of things and eventually a few people I know (including myself) started hoping Joshua would get things back to normality.
Surprises happen in boxing, especially with the heavyweights.
Remember when Buster Douglas knocked out a chunky Tyson?
This was similar I think although Ruiz didn’t do himself any favours coming back too flabby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A volcano erupted in NZ earlier. A webcam from the time of the eruption shows tourists walking around the inside of the crater at the time of eruption. I wonder if they survived or not.

Wilder would be close to, if not the best knock out puncher of all time. Tyson included

Foreman & Shavers.........as well as Marciano & Liston (reportedly)......that's just off the top of my head.

A volcano erupted in NZ earlier. A webcam from the time of the eruption shows tourists walking around the inside of the crater at the time of eruption. I wonder if they survived or not.

Dunno, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the ABC will run a climate hysteria article about it.

Foreman & Shavers.........as well as Marciano & Liston (reportedly)......that's just off the top of my head.

It’s the way Wilder does it. He knocks people out in ways we haven’t really seen. Extremely powerful puncher.

The other blokes you mention were way better boxes but Wilder has one weapon and knows how to use it.

Ali played rope a dope with Foreman, don’t think he’d be able to do that with Wilder because he only needs one to connect to anywhere, not just the jaw. Wilder will KO someone with punch to the forehead

Finding it hard to believe that Bob Hawke told his daughter to stay mum about her being tapped by his good mate Bill Landeryou. Wasn't Hawkey once named Father of the Year?

I was having a look at this today. Pretty sobering stuff. It’s shocking that indigenous people in Australia were still being massacred in the 1920’s and our government was covering it up. Even as recently John Howard, who delivered a speech condemning studies into our bloody history

there’s evidence of state sanctioned massacres of indigenous people as late as 1928.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back