Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In THE DANGEROUS CASE OF DONALD TRUMP, twenty-seven psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health experts argue that, in Mr. Trumpā€™s case, their moral and civic ā€œduty to warnā€ America supersedes professional neutrality. They then explore Trumpā€™s symptoms and potentially relevant diagnoses to find a complex, if also dangerously mad, man.

Philip Zimbardo and Rosemary Sword, for instance, explain Trumpā€™s impulsivity in terms of ā€œunbridled and extreme present hedonism.ā€ Craig Malkin writes on pathological narcissism and politics as a lethal mix. Gail Sheehy, on a lack of trust that exceeds paranoia. Lance Dodes, on sociopathy. Robert Jay Lifton, on the ā€œmalignant normalityā€ that can set in everyday life if psychiatrists do not speak up.

His madness is catching, too. From the trauma people have experienced under the Trump administration to the cult-like characteristics of his followers, he has created unprecedented mental health consequences across our nation and beyond.

I wonā€™t say this lightly but every member of panel should hand in their medical licence.

Diagnosing someone from television edits is a new one.

Last edited:
I wonā€™t say this lightly but every member of panel should hand in their medical licence.

Diagnosing someone from television edits is a new one.

He certainly seems like a dangerous freak but I tend to agree. How could you say that without treating the guy?

Politics and narcissism are a standard mix aren't they?

And the fact he's an unsuccessful psychopath (cos we all know he's nuts) is a bit of a distraction from all the campaigners in politics who are successful psychopaths and that we think are normal.

Hillary Clinton using the term deplorables a to dehumanise an entire demographic springs to mind.

Yes, education should be free to all and merit based for higher education.
And non elective health should be free to all.
While this sounds like a good thing and a moral thing, it simply doesn't work well when the government gets involved in either of these.

I was going to give you my full thoughts on Trump but I couldnā€™t be bothered writing that much so just thought it would be easier to reply to your question that, what has he done wrong as president, with an article written by someone whoā€™s job it is to comment on politics.

If I can be bothered later Iā€™ll give you my personal thoughts and examples of things heā€™s done that arenā€™t presidential.

For now, let me just state that basically I think as a diagnosed narcissist and proven racist and heā€™s dangerously impulsive.
That's fair enough, however many of these people have an agenda, so while it is their job, they write up a great deal of ambiguous content, and there is also not a great deal of proof to back up their theories.

I do read the content, however i read both sides, something i wish everyone did.

benbanjo whatā€™s your take on Trump?

So as i mentioned, i don't think Trump is all that bad:

I think he posts some dumb stuff on twitter.
His policies and presidential term has been pretty good, has had to clean up a lot of Obama's mess.
Some comments that he made in the early stages of his term were over the top, but he has brought it back a great deal since then.
The US economy is booming.
Black unemployment is way down under Trump.
Hispanic unemployment is way down under trump.
Unemployment overall is down under Trump.

The democrats have lost the plot, Warren, Buttigieg, Biden,Harris, even Sanders all come off looking totally nuts, to be honest i would like to see Yang get more support at least he has some debatable ideas rather than just ranting like most of the primary candidates. At this stage though it will be either Biden or Sanders taking out the primary and both have a chance against Trump, but they need to bring it back a little to really have a 50/50 chance.

So in answer to your question, Trump has done ok thus far and you can bet 100% he will be acquitted of the impeachment once the senate is done.

That's fair enough, however many of these people have an agenda, so while it is their job, they write up a great deal of ambiguous content, and there is also not a great deal of proof to back up their theories.

I do read the content, however i read both sides, something i wish everyone did.

Where do you find the other side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What specifically is bullshit?

The fact that a journalist intimates expertise about a subject of incredible complexity way outside of their sphere, and your clip is not anything even approaching "The Full Story". This is a falsification of authority. In other words, it's propaganda. It's politically biased shite.

In fact, when it comes to "climate change", readers should ignore all mainstream journalistic, bureaucratic and political commentary. Go directly to the scientific literature itself.

The scientific "fact" is that there is not enough quality data available to make any significant finding that supports mainstream climate hysterics or denialism.

Last edited:
The fact that a journalist intimates expertise about a subject of incredible complexity way outside of their sphere, and your clip is not anything even approaching "The Full Story". This is a falsification of authority. In other words, it's propaganda. It's politically biased shite.

In fact, when it comes to "climate change", readers should ignore all mainstream journalistic, bureaucratic and political commentary. Go directly to the scientific literature itself.

The scientific "fact" is that there is not enough quality data available to make any significant finding that supports mainstream climate hysterics or denialism.

Iā€™ll have to listen to it again. The only part I really remember is Alex Jones.

As for not listening to journalists reporting on it and just go straight to the scientists and the data, the journalists are reporting on the scientists data šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™ll have to listen to it again.

Then why are you recommending it to people?

The level of bullshit surrounding this subject is staggering. Folks need clarity, not more bullshit.

The only part I really remember is Alex Jones.

As for not listening to journalists reporting on it and just go straight to the scientists and the data, the journalists are reporting on the scientists data šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Not in any balanced manner, and certainly not with the requisite expertise required to make definitive statements.

Itā€™s pretty poor form diagnosing complex disorders, from their living room, considering theyā€™ve never met the patient in question. Itā€™s dr Phil levels of malpractice.

It was verboten for decades - the Goldwater Rule.

Hate the guy or not, this type of stuff doesnā€™t help. His supporters grow more staunch because of it.

He's ******* nuts, no doubt about it, but Clinton is a sociopath too.

While this sounds like a good thing and a moral thing, it simply doesn't work well when the government gets involved in either of these.

If you look carefully at the rest of the world you'll find that statement simply isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back