Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is she fundraised on the basis of delivering the money to families who have lost everything through the fires. By donating it to the RFS she stuffed up as they cannot redistribute donations by law. Poorly thought out and the people who gave money under a false belief the money would go to grass roots people are being let down.

Yep, this kind of thing was always going to happen.

So in I go to a leading sporting shoe chain store to buy a pack of 3 sports socks. A young girl comes to serve me - I think she was about 11. Shows me the socks.
If you buy two packs we have an instore special offer today for $30.
How much is one pack?
She scans them - $15.
But don’t forget you can have two for $30.
Thats the same price - no cheaper for two I point out.
She thinks for a minute.
But the two pack buy is a special offer.
But it isn’t any cheaper.
Now she is totally confused, I give up - I’ll just have one pack please.
OK - but that special is today only.

Last edited:
So in I go to a leading sporting shoe chain store to buy a pack of 3 sports socks. A young girl comes to serve me - I thin she was about 11. Shows me the socks.
How much is one pack?
She scans them - $15.
She thinks for a minute.
Now totally confused I give in - I’ll just have on pack please.

Ok boomer.

She's just trying to do her job, she's been instructed to push that shitty deal.

So in I go to a leading sporting shoe chain store to buy a pack of 3 sports socks. A young girl comes to serve me - I thin she was about 11. Shows me the socks.
How much is one pack?
She scans them - $15.
She thinks for a minute.

giphy (1).gif .... You

giphy (3).gif ....... Salesperson

How much is one pack?
She scans them - $15.
She thinks for a minute.

I agree that doesn’t make sense, why exactly were you buying sports socks?

Ummmmmm - its not a deal. Let me explain..........

You're missing the point.

She's been told to push the "special offer" and is probably scared you're some secret shopper management spy or Karen who is out to catch her out.

She knows it doesn't make sense, but she's having to go along with it anyway.

It is effectively the default condition for anyone under 35 - they KNOW the bullshit maths doesn't add up, be it your sports socks or removing penalty rates to "create jobs" or the housing market - but they are trapped into crappy situations in precarious retail and similar jobs so they have to mouth the crap obediently anyway.

GreatBradScott

That’s a shocking thing to say about the best president since Kennedy.

Kennedy was a shithouse President saved by dying young and Boomers remembering the era fondly.

The Jim Morrison of Presidents.

Kennedy was a shithouse President saved by dying young and Boomers remembering the era fondly.

The Jim Morrison of Presidents.

I genuinely respect his anti-Israel stance, that relationship was at its lowest eb during his term in office. And ‘our’ relationship with the rest of the Middle East was at its strongest.

I think you meant to say he is the Tiesto of Presidents. A glorified CD player, not your musical genius’s such as Armin Van Buuren.

I quite enjoy Riders of the Storm amongst other ‘pop-sounding’ hits - I think that was a harsh call on old Jim.

I genuinely respect his anti-Israel stance, that relationship was at its lowest eb during his term in office. And ‘our’ relationship with the rest of the Middle East was at its strongest.

I think you meant to say he is the Tiesto of Presidents. A glorified CD player, not your musical genius’s such as Armin Van Buuren.

I quite enjoy Riders of the Storm amongst other ‘pop-sounding’ hits - I think that was a harsh call on old Jim.
Well that explains his assassination..

You're missing the point.

She's been told to push the "special offer" and is probably scared you're some secret shopper management spy or Karen who is out to catch her out.

She knows it doesn't make sense, but she's having to go along with it anyway.

It is effectively the default condition for anyone under 35 - they KNOW the bullshit maths doesn't add up, be it your sports socks or removing penalty rates to "create jobs" or the housing market - but they are trapped into crappy situations in precarious retail and similar jobs so they have to mouth the crap obediently anyway.

GreatBradScott
Doh! I Didn’t miss anything. It was just a bit of a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HONG KONG: Armed robbers who stole hundreds of toilet rolls were being hunted by Hong Kong police on Monday (Feb 17), in a city wracked by shortages caused by coronavirus panic-buying.

Toilet rolls have become hot property in the densely packed business hub, despite government assurances that supplies remain unaffected by the virus outbreak.

back to the old days

1581918184106.png

They’re not allowed to redistribute the funds, that’s the problem. It’s has to go to equipment and training. Everyone knew what they were donating too.
Honestly I don’t see a problem with the rural fire service getting all that money. I rather they rebuild every fire station, get new trucks/equipment then it get wasted by going to the Red Cross administration.

One fixed wing aircraft and one chopper thanks.

Do you need a req form?

#scottyfrommarketing also known as #liarfromtheshire has a thin skin. Campaigner of the highest order, whether he knew of this or not, I am blaming him anyway.

They won't sack him. He's clearly got heat sickness. And he's under enormous stress. Nelligan lost something like 20 houses, and his place was damaged or destroyed.

The guy is a *en legend tho.

A
TISM got it right about Jimbo.

Well on another note. Today marks the anniversary of the 1975 Australian release of AC/DC’s High Voltage.
Still sounds great to me after 45 years.
well I didn’t buy it then when I was 3 but I got it in around 83.
it was the third album of theirs I purchased with many more to follow.
rip Bon and Mal. I’m thinking of ya’s.
rock in peace

How much is one pack?
She scans them - $15.
She thinks for a minute.

How about this one from the AFL website ticketing policy for kids

"Children aged 5 and under as at 1 January are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however they must not occupy a seat."

How in Gods name, whichever god, are we supposed to tell our kids to sit down and watch the footy if they are not allowed a seat .... if like my best little mate, they are 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back