Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair question and one I am sure she was tempted to ask me. Wanted to make sure they fitted and I liked them before doubling up.

Really? That is awesome.

gokangas is VERY particular about his sports socks.

TinyWillingHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Anyone watching pre season training have any strong views on afl fantasy for our players. I look at it and see so much upside for so many of our players.

could cunners go from an 80 odd average up to 100 odd with his reported cardio gains?
Higgo relatively cheap given thre hawks and suns games finished early for him?

who’s best of the young brigade to post big gains? TT, Bailey, Bonar, LDU?

Should we believe the Jy Hype and will his value push up beyond that mid price?

Garner? Will he get that continuity and will he push up the ground to get some big scores?

Thoughts? Other players ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truely awful. Can’t get my head around it. What a coward and monster. Such cruelty. I’m not a religious person but I really hope there is a hell just for him.

As much as I hate things like that I really think people like that prick are already in hell, of a sort. It's why they do that s**t. These people aren't inhuman monsters. They are human. Just like the rest of us. We're all ****ed up to a degree.

Most of us are just lucky enough to have developed coping skills that worked (so far) and never been really broken. But I never look at people like that bloke without thinking "what would break me enough to do that?". Tho I really can't relate to that case. I dunno. Our world is full of ordinary people doing horrible things to other ordinary people and it always has been.

We all have that darkness in us, it's just on us to control it.

I had a mate, he's dead now so I'll talk about it, was a Vietnam vet, national heavyweight full contact karate champion, hardcore biker enforcer.

He did tunnel clearance work in vietnam during the war and he was huge, 6 4, 90 kg and no fat. He told me once that war is long periods of incredible boredom interspaced with short periods of mind ******* fear, that's almost too much to deal with. Had issues and heaps of ptsd.

Bashed the * out of his ex missus once, when he was about 50, she left, took the kids, and tho they'd reconciled by the time he died but never really made peace. I don't blame her. It's wasn't an isolated incident

But he was ashamed of himself, so he did two years of counselling and serious anger management and came out a changed man. Went on to have a functional relationship till he died.

I don't think he ever lived down what he did to her, in himself.

I dunno anything about that case in Qld, tho it's a merciful thing that the kids' mum didn't make it imo.

Last edited:
As much as I hate things like that I really think people like that prick are already in hell, of a sort. It's why they do that s**t. These people aren't inhuman monsters. They are human. Just like the rest of us. We're all f’ed up to a degree.

Most of us are just lucky enough to have developed coping skills that worked (so far) and never been really broken. But I never look at people like that bloke without thinking "what would break me enough to do that?". Tho I really can't relate to that case. I dunno. Our world is full of ordinary people doing horrible things to other ordinary people and it always has been.

We all have that darkness in us, it's just on us to control it.

I had a mate, he's dead now so I'll talk about it, was a Vietnam vet, national heavyweight full contact karate champion, hardcore biker enforcer.

He did tunnel clearance work in vietnam during the war and he was huge, 6 4, 90 kg and no fat. He told me once that war is long periods of incredible boredom interspaced with short periods of mind ******* fear, that's almost too much to deal with. Had issues and heaps of ptsd.

Bashed the fu** out of his ex missus once, when he was about 50, she left, took the kids, and tho they'd reconciled by the time he died but never really made peace. I don't blame her. It's wasn't an isolated incident

But he was ashamed of himself, so he did two years of counselling and serious anger management and came out a changed man. Went on to have a functional relationship till he died.

I don't think he ever lived down what he did to her, in himself.

I dunno anything about that case in Qld, tho it's a merciful thing that the kids' mum didn't make it imo.

Nah * that Ferbs. What he put his wife and kids through is so bad that it doesn’t matter. It’s hard to think about mate. The way he did it....man that’s shocking.

Nah fu** that Ferbs. What he put his wife and kids through is so bad that it doesn’t matter. It’s hard to think about mate. The way he did it....man that’s shocking.

Yeah, I agree and it's almost too horrific to even acknowledge but he's a person not an alien or a demonic creature from hades.

We've all got essentially the same neurocircuitry and hormonal processes.

Yeah, I agree and it's almost too horrific to even acknowledge but he's a person not an alien or a demonic creature from hades.

We've all got essentially the same neurocircuitry and hormonal processes.
I agree with you .
Most likely a horrific childhood, because he's actions are not that of a normal bloke losing his s**t.
As is the case with almost all serial killers.

Most likely that will come out during his court proceedings.

I hope his past does come out, because we don't want this to be the poster boy for domestic violence, and to taint men as having the potential to behave like this.

Humanity in general, does not choose empathy in circumstances like this. For good reason too.

The psychologists will, to understand why and the Christians will, to forgive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I agree with you .
Most likely a horrific childhood, because he's actions are not that of a normal bloke losing his s**t.

I hope his past does come out, because we don't want this to be the poster boy for domestic violence, and to taint men as having the potential to behave like this.

Humanity in general, does not choose empathy in circumstances like this. For good reason too.

Isn't he dead? There will be no court proceedings.

It's not about empathy for me. It's about understanding your own behaviour and controlling it. It's not just men who have the potential to be like this. It's a human thing, and that needs to be remembered. And while we all have the potential the vast majority of us never do. (Fwiw imo he failed as a man .. so many do.)

But ordinary humans manned the concentration camps, flew people across oceans in helicopters then pushed them out, implemented year 0 in Cambodia and carried out the Cultural Revolution.

I saw a short film once, called Unedited Footage of a Bear. It's an anti pharma short film. About a mum and what might have happened to her family

I just tried to rewatch it and didnt want to finish it, its that harrowing.

It's disturbing so be warned.

Was gonna post it but I took the link out before posting. It's on YouTube if you really want to see it.

I agree with you .

* him. * his childhood. There is no excuse for what he did. This is about the mother and her three young children. Weak campaigner didn’t even have the courage to set himself on fire. FFS.

It's not about empathy for me. It's about understanding your own behaviour and controlling it. It's not just men who have the potential to be like this. It's a human thing, and that needs to be remembered. And while we all have the potential the vast majority of us never do. (Fwiw imo he failed as a man .. so many do.)

But ordinary humans manned the concentration camps, flew people across oceans in helicopters then pushed them out, implemented year 0 in Cambodia and carried out the Cultural Revolution.

I saw a short film once, called Unedited Footage of a Bear. It's an anti pharma short film. About a mum and what might have happened to her family

Was gonna post it but I took the link out before posting. It's on YouTube if you really want to see it.
Mate I was in tears a few years ago watching that live export slaughterhouse secret video. My stomach has lost all semblance appetite for some of the stuff that "humans" get up to. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss. It won't stop things from happening, but jeepers, life can be sucky enough without adding horror to it.

I just skimmed through some spoiler alerts, because I hate news like this, i didn't realise it was a murder suicide. my bad.

I guess my point still stands, killing your family is not a normal act of anger.

The way I use the word empathy, is to understand what its like to be in another persons shoes, and its not being sympathetic!
IE you describing what it was like being in your mates shoes, despite his bad behaviour. Thats empathy.

On a much lighter note, I am gonna go and get my little mate from school, we're gonna go and get a milkshake, then have dinner at the local RSL and then tomorrow, we're off to the Dome, or whatever it's called these days :-D

fu** him. fu** his childhood. There is no excuse for what he did. This is about the mother and her three young children. Weak campaigner didn’t even have the courage to set himself on fire. FFS.
i agree 100%.
Normal people , like you and I can not in anyway understand it.

Im guessing Ferby was alluding to the fact that there must be some unusual circumstances in his life, that led him to react the way he did.

On a much lighter note, I am gonna go and get my little mate from school, we're gonna go and get a milkshake, then have dinner at the local RSL and then tomorrow, we're off to the Dome, or whatever it's called these days :-D

Don't ask for malt in your chocolate milkshake. They just stare at you 😥
Maybe it's a boomer thing.

I have sometimes wondered, at what stage somewhere after waking up, having a wee, eating your cornflakes, reading the paper and having a cup of tea, do you decide that you are going all in like that fella did, or any gunman anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back